Page 78 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #771
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    I can think of many many many many things "worse" than Obamacare since slavery.


  2. #772
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    What has bearing if you think somebody is a race baiter or not?
    I would say, offhand, that someone who for no real reason brings up race and tries to egg others either into defense or alliance with views that are only meant to drive a wedge between races and to gain partisan points.

    That match up with your idea of race baiting, does it? And, why perchance, do you ask? Maybe you could be a little more clear at what it is you are attempting to say.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #773
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Being of Scot's heritage, your oblique reference has no real/apparent meaning... but in that manner does fall in line with many of your other posts...
    No True Scotsman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I would say, offhand, that someone who for no real reason brings up race and tries to egg others either into defense or alliance with views that are only meant to drive a wedge between races and to gain partisan points.

    That match up with your idea of race baiting, does it? And, why perchance, do you ask? Maybe you could be a little more clear at what it is you are attempting to say.
    I knew that one of Carson's defenders in this thread was actually the first to inject even the notion of racism into this discussion, so I went back to the first page and found that that person was, interestingly enough, you.

    Best things about Dr. Carson are that he is super articulate, he is absolutely fearless, he cannot be called a racist credibly and he is, in fact, an actual brain surgeon...so his intellectual abilities are beyond question.
    Until you wrote that I don't think it would have occurred to anyone that race was any kind of angle to the topic. But then, why should I be surprised? After all, war, murder and rape are now "slavery," and plagues that kill tens of millions of people have no bearing on history. At that point, why not inject racism into the discussion? In fact, let's just find a place to put bestiality somewhere, because screw it, sky's the limit now.

  4. #774
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    While I think Obama is, indeed racist, I do not hear him being called that all the time... and just because you are white has no bearing on whether someone is a racist or not...

    Show me some credible information, with trustworthy sources, wherein Dr. Carson has said something racist.

    Slavery has been committed on all races by all races...so maybe the humanity card?
    Are you kidding? Dr. Carson has said Obamacare is worse than Slavery. That is similar, in a way telling a Jewish person the Holocaust never happened. It's a bigoted statement even if it told by a Jewish person.


  5. #775
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Are you kidding? Dr. Carson has said Obamacare is worse than Slavery. That is similar, in a way telling a Jewish person the Holocaust never happened. It's a bigoted statement even if it told by a Jewish person.
    Okay, fine, it would have occurred to someone to bring racism up. Still though, Gaugingcatenate was the first one to do it.

  6. #776
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You are incorrect. I took two of the points and explain why they were not racist. Your response was to name call. Is this where I say typical conservative response?

    Now, I'm not going to that for all of them, especially since you never responded to the two in a rational way. Communication is rarely clear. If you have to read into it, there is always the real possibility that you read it wrong. When you never even consider that possibility, you are the problem.
    On the New Black Panthers slam dunk prosecution of a racial-intimidation-at-the-polls case... you just pooh poohed that the prosecutor in the case had no real knowledge of the case...

    The others they were so much liberal light commentary, such superfluous fluff, that I cannot specifically remember what you even said...fact of the matter is the two were very telling, with a President jumping in, absent any real knowledge of circumstances, into these two cases where he had absolutely no business, risking political capital in unjust protection of someone of his own race... has he done something similar for a white person? Or maybe a Hispanic person [ unless it was against a white person maybe? ]... the guy discriminates... he threw his grandmother under his campaign bus in an attempt to assuage potential voters when media finally caught on to the fact that he had, with his family, attended a radical black, some might easily characterize it as a racist church what with its blaming white America for just about all its ills, church for 20 plus years...

    Listen, this is just padding your stacks, your mounds of fluff and while every once in a while its nice to slice into that deep meringue, exposing there is not even any lemon gelatin under all that fuzz, it is sort of a waste for the fact that you cannot even comprehend that you have been dealt a hand that cannot win, no matter how much huff you add to the fluff ...with which you try to bluff.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  7. #777
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-10-15 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    971

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    On the New Black Panthers slam dunk prosecution of a racial-intimidation-at-the-polls case... you just pooh poohed that the prosecutor in the case had no real knowledge of the case...

    The others they were so much liberal light commentary, such superfluous fluff, that I cannot specifically remember what you even said...fact of the matter is the two were very telling, with a President jumping in, absent any real knowledge of circumstances, into these two cases where he had absolutely no business, risking political capital in unjust protection of someone of his own race... has he done something similar for a white person? Or maybe a Hispanic person [ unless it was against a white person maybe? ]... the guy discriminates... he threw his grandmother under his campaign bus in an attempt to assuage potential voters when media finally caught on to the fact that he had, with his family, attended a radical black, some might easily characterize it as a racist church what with its blaming white America for just about all its ills, church for 20 plus years...

    Listen, this is just padding your stacks, your mounds of fluff and while every once in a while its nice to slice into that deep meringue, exposing there is not even any lemon gelatin under all that fuzz, it is sort of a waste for the fact that you cannot even comprehend that you have been dealt a hand that cannot win, no matter how much huff you add to the fluff ...with which you try to bluff.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/penalt...post1062433751

    post here.
    Sometimes - history needs a push.
    Vladimir Lenin

  8. #778
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    On the New Black Panthers slam dunk prosecution of a racial-intimidation-at-the-polls case... you just pooh poohed that the prosecutor in the case had no real knowledge of the case...

    The others they were so much liberal light commentary, such superfluous fluff, that I cannot specifically remember what you even said...fact of the matter is the two were very telling, with a President jumping in, absent any real knowledge of circumstances, into these two cases where he had absolutely no business, risking political capital in unjust protection of someone of his own race... has he done something similar for a white person? Or maybe a Hispanic person [ unless it was against a white person maybe? ]... the guy discriminates... he threw his grandmother under his campaign bus in an attempt to assuage potential voters when media finally caught on to the fact that he had, with his family, attended a radical black, some might easily characterize it as a racist church what with its blaming white America for just about all its ills, church for 20 plus years...

    Listen, this is just padding your stacks, your mounds of fluff and while every once in a while its nice to slice into that deep meringue, exposing there is not even any lemon gelatin under all that fuzz, it is sort of a waste for the fact that you cannot even comprehend that you have been dealt a hand that cannot win, no matter how much huff you add to the fluff ...with which you try to bluff.
    Do you realize the New Black Panthers hate President Obama?


  9. #779
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    No True Scotsman.
    I would have to admit you are absolutely correct...I am, and very proudly more consider myself, a True American.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I knew that one of Carson's defenders in this thread was actually the first to inject even the notion of racism into this discussion, so I went back to the first page and found that that person was, interestingly enough, you.
    Hey, spiking an opponent's points is a time honored debate tactic. We all know the usual race tirade prior to the ubiquitous playing of that, the race card, by your side. One especially knows this, that with Black Conservatives, the modern liberal version of the Fugitive Slave Act, to get these recalcitrant Blacks back on the Democrat government Plantation, will be applied. This is my version of the invoking of the Personal Liberty Laws to counter all that.

    Oh, and spiking your argument is not baiting there... don't quite know what to call you, a bird, a man of cloth high on the totem or... a number... I'll just call you bud... so spiking is not baiting, bud.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Until you wrote that I don't think it would have occurred to anyone that race was any kind of angle to the topic. But then, why should I be surprised? After all, war, murder and rape are now "slavery," and plagues that kill tens of millions of people have no bearing on history. At that point, why not inject racism into the discussion? In fact, let's just find a place to put bestiality somewhere, because screw it, sky's the limit now.
    Are you kidding me? What a laugh... you see, that's what is wrong with you folks on that side, you think we are not only evil, but naive as well...wrong.

    Try to make sense, "war, murder and rape are now "slavery,"??? Who on this side said any such thing? I haven't gone back and looked, but I am quite confident that you are doing a little manipulation of the facts there. Please read my previous post regarding American inflicted injuries upon fellow Americans, not your every tragedy ever to come to pass thrown in with the kitchen sinks argument, so vaaaaaaaa-pid as to be...

    Well...no use kicking you while you are down.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  10. #780
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you realize the New Black Panthers hate President Obama?
    A lot of the people on the left have grown to hate Obama...this was way back in '08 there, bud...

    And I am not talking about what the NBP think now, its what Obama and Holder did back then. Undeniable.

    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •