Page 72 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #711
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,023

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Are businesses being forced to serve others by public accommodations laws? Yes.
    They're not being forced to do anything as they set up a business with the knowledge that they are subject to certain laws by opening up that business. The crux of your argument is done away by the very laws which establishments consent to operating under when applying for licenses.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #712
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    So you think something is better than Obamadon'tcare but you go along with it because ...the government knows better than you?

    Lot of slaves knew better, that's why they ran off.
    No law is perfect. I've said from the start that the PPACA, despite its flaws, was the best we were going to get given the makeup of Congress at the time and even now! Nonetheless, I support the more rational aspects of the PPACA despite knowing the law itself is flawed. But for your information, I've petitioned my state legislatures and have written the President himself to pursue enactment of the CLASS Act in a modified form over the PPACA.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  3. #713
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Slaves don't usually get paid. Or at least it is not required to pay them for services rendered.
    So? Involuntary servitude is not dependent on compensation.

  4. #714
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I actually have a lot of libertarian views, mostly on the social and personal freedom side, but I am loathe to self-identify as one because if there's one thing many libertarians do these days, it's take hyperbole to absolutely ludicrous extremes. Laws are slavery, taxes are theft, and so on.
    OH.... you mean your a dope smoker?

    no offence just having fun.

  5. #715
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    They're not being forced to do anything as they set up a business with the knowledge that they are subject to certain laws by opening up that business. The crux of your argument is done away by the very laws which establishments consent to operating under when applying for licenses.
    Sorry, all they consented to was to start a business. Try another liberal argument.

  6. #716
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So? Involuntary servitude is not dependent on compensation.
    If one is getting paid in exchange for a service it is not involuntary.

  7. #717
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If one is getting paid in exchange for a service it is not involuntary.
    What? The fact that you were forced into service doesn't just get removed because you were compensated for the service.

  8. #718
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,023

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Sorry, all they consented to was to start a business.
    You obviously have never opened up a business. You consent to the laws and regulations applicable to that business when opening it. As the CRA'64 applies in part to public accommodations, they consent to it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You obviously have never opened up a business. You consent to the laws and regulations applicable to that business when opening it. As the CRA'64 applies in part to public accommodations, they consent to it.
    Sorry, but you don't.

  10. #720
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What? The fact that you were forced into service doesn't just get removed because you were compensated for the service.
    What are you rambling about?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •