Page 64 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #631
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Start with that, next thing you know the people running the healthcare will tell you bacon and cheeseburgers are off limits, no more eggs, gone is that summer ice cream cone. Much of that is already happening with this new healthcare rollout.
    that is not true..


    They are offering incentives to companies to lower their premiums by making their employees healthier. It is called healthy pathways and I think it is a great idea.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #632
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    that is not true..


    They are offering incentives to companies to lower their premiums by making their employees healthier. It is called healthy pathways and I think it is a great idea.
    I think it is bull**** since it is not based on any facts

  3. #633
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    the choices one makes in life have more to do with their future than the environment around them
    The aborigine living in a mud hut could have the exact same life as Paris Hilton. They just made the wrong choices.
    The child sold as a sex slave could have made something with their life, had they just made better choices.

    I really hope you don't actually believe that you are where you are primarily because of your "choices". That's a pretty hefty amount of blind arrogance.

  4. #634
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    The aborigine living in a mud hut could have the exact same life as Paris Hilton. They just made the wrong choices.
    The child sold as a sex slave could have made something with their life, had they just made better choices.

    I really hope you don't actually believe that you are where you are primarily because of your "choices". That's a pretty hefty amount of blind arrogance.
    Damn good thing MLK, Julius Erving, Jim Brown, Bill Cosby, Colin Powel, and Obama did not believe as you do.

  5. #635
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I think it is bull**** since it is not based on any facts
    Facts

    I work for a company that monitors the HRA for health plans. LOL

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  6. #636
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Facts

    I work for a company that monitors the HRA for health plans. LOL
    false. I don't take in medication and don't need any for BP, sugar, cholesterol, or joint pain, yet I have to suffer this crap because of my size even thought I workout EVERY day.

  7. #637
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    We are not responsible for you, you are.
    Say you're in an accident. You have health care, but you're unconscious and don't have any documentation on you. Would you like to be treated? How does the EMT know that you have insurance? Maybe they should check before doing any work?

    The only way to ensure that you'll be treated is to mandate that hospitals and EMTs treat EVERYONE, regardless of their ability to pay. That means that we're going to treat people who can't pay their bills. But someone has to pay, so everyone with insurance has to pay an extra $1000 to cover the people who aren't insured.

    By choosing to not have insurance, you are placing a burden on the rest of society. What is so godawfully wrong about taxing someone a portion of the average amount they will cost the rest of us, by not having insurance?

  8. #638
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    Say you're in an accident. You have health care, but you're unconscious and don't have any documentation on you. Would you like to be treated? How does the EMT know that you have insurance? Maybe they should check before doing any work?

    The only way to ensure that you'll be treated is to mandate that hospitals and EMTs treat EVERYONE, regardless of their ability to pay. That means that we're going to treat people who can't pay their bills. But someone has to pay, so everyone with insurance has to pay an extra $1000 to cover the people who aren't insured.

    By choosing to not have insurance, you are placing a burden on the rest of society. What is so godawfully wrong about taxing someone a portion of the average amount they will cost the rest of us, by not having insurance?
    choices again, again choices, I always have documentation on me, extremism will not prove your point

  9. #639
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Damn good thing MLK, Julius Erving, Jim Brown, Bill Cosby, Colin Powel, and Obama did not believe as you do.
    Uhhhh......Which of them had the arrogance to believe that they were primarily self made men?

    Look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, "Well, it must be because I was just so smart!" There are a lot of smart people out there. "It must be because I worked harder than everybody else." Let me tell you something. There are a whole bunch of hardworkin' people out there! If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help! There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.

  10. #640
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    I disagree. I think we have a moral responsibility to help those in need.
    So do most people, but having the government do it instead you is not only abrogating your personal and social responsibilities, you are also allowing the government too much power. Health care in the foreseeable future will no longer be assured but will have to be meted out, largely through money or social status.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •