Page 60 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #591
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I think Carson is a bit off, Obamacare is working hard to out do slavery, as it is getting worse and worse.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #592
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    This is getting boring. Unless you can demonstrate that Dr. Carson has qualifications to speak on history as much as he's qualified to speak on neurosurgery then we're finished here.
    Unless you can demonstrate that you have qualifications to speak on Dr. Carson's opinion, I agree we're finished here.

    Don't get mad, bro. I'm just extending your personal standards for judging the validity of Dr. Carson's comments to your own. I will continue to disregard the content of your opinion until you meet your own standards. Unless, of course, you don't want to be held to your own standards. Though, wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?

  3. #593
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    Unless you can demonstrate that you have qualifications to speak on Dr. Carson's opinion, I agree we're finished here.

    Don't get mad, bro. I'm just extending your personal standards for judging the validity of Dr. Carson's comments to your own. I will continue to disregard the content of your opinion until you meet your own standards. Unless, of course, you don't want to be held to your own standards. Though, wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?
    So you can't demonstrate any kind of expertise on history on Dr. Carson's part then. I accept your concession and we're done here.

  4. #594
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So you can't demonstrate any kind of expertise on history on Dr. Carson's part then. I accept your concession and we're done here.
    I guess expecting you to understand the point I've been demonstrating to you this entire time is unreasonable at this juncture.

  5. #595
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWanderer View Post
    I guess expecting you to understand the point I've been demonstrating to you this entire time is unreasonable at this juncture.
    Looks like we are going to have to shut down all these forums, because we now have to be experts in each subject to discuss them. I guess being a neurosurgeon that is well versed in many subjects and quite intellectually qualified to discuss them all isn't enough for this group of left wing wizards.

    Funny, how he is not good enough, yet the left goes running to pull the lever for the most unqualified man in history to ever hold the office of President. And one wonders why our government is so terrible.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #596
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Looks like we are going to have to shut down all these forums, because we now have to be experts in each subject to discuss them. I guess being a neurosurgeon that is well versed in many subjects and quite intellectually qualified to discuss them all isn't enough for this group of left wing wizards.

    Funny, how he is not good enough, yet the left goes running to pull the lever for the most unqualified man in history to ever hold the office of President. And one wonders why our government is so terrible.
    To use Don Sutherland's term, Dr. Carson is "historically illiterate," which he also explained suitably. Dr. Carson's lack of degree in history or any sociological arena combined with his hysterical hyperbole supports this. Dr. Carson's facile point of view and utter lack of insight in history despite his background in neurosurgery is akin to Michael Jordan's demonstration of baseball despite his background in basketball. Expertise in one is not a free ticket to expertise in another.

  7. #597
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    To use Don Sutherland's term, Dr. Carson is "historically illiterate," which he also explained suitably. Dr. Carson's lack of degree in history or any sociological arena combined with his hysterical hyperbole supports this. Dr. Carson's facile point of view and utter lack of insight in history despite his background in neurosurgery is akin to Michael Jordan's demonstration of baseball despite his background in basketball. Expertise in one is not a free ticket to expertise in another.
    I can't take Don Sutherland's expertise for granted, and by your standards I must disregard his opinion until legitimat, content-relevant expertise is proven (preferably with a degree of some sort). Neither should you if you don't want to be a confirmation-biased hypocrite.

    And yes, the horse-beating will continue until respiration occurs.
    Last edited by CycloneWanderer; 10-15-13 at 01:18 PM.

  8. #598
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The part in bold is what makes it not racism.
    You didn't say politically wrong, you said "crazy". And the political view was the reason, meaning sane blacks cannot have those views. You imply that conservative blacks can't think rationally for themselves.

  9. #599
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I agree that the analogy was a bit over the top, but gee I can't think of any rhetoric Obama has made over the last 5 years as approaching suspect??? LOL


    Tim-
    I'm glad we agree that this sort of hyperbole is not productive.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #600
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think Carson is a bit off, Obamacare is working hard to out do slavery, as it is getting worse and worse.
    So, to clarify, you actually are stating you believe Obamacare is/will be worse than slavery?

    I just want to make sure I'm clear on what you're saying.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •