Page 57 of 162 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #561
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Gave you three incontrovertible cases...Grant has provided even more proof...how much more do you require? There will never be a sufficient amount as you have already imbibed of the sacred kool-aide...

    I am not a miracle worker nor an eye doctor... So I certainly cannot make the blind see. First of all you have to open your eyes, then you have to actually want to see. You fulfill none of those requirements...so I would recommend the eye doctor, as I am pretty sure you do not go for the miracles thing...but then again, the boob did get reelected.

    BTW, this isn't a consensus thing either, one is either a racist, or one exhibits racist tendencies, or one doesn't, this isn't an election or a popularity contest.
    Three? Say you got 10 or even 20. That would not be enough. You have to show something much larger.


    btw, we moved from Obama to there being reverse racism. You gave nothing at all on Obama that holds up.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #562
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    OH ok, it was me calling blacks crazy for their political views, righhhht.
    Didn't do that either. Still projecting John.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #563
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Oh, I see. "They" are picked...
    Actually, yes. That's how elections and primaries work. You "pick" a candidate to represent you. Obama was picked. So was Romney. So was McCain. So is everybody who makes it beyond the whole "research committee" phase. They are picked by voters. By the looks of it and how sacred Mr Carson's Gospel seems to be to Republicans this early in the race, some Republicans are already picking him to represent their views - crazy as they may be.

    That said: He is the GOPs new Alan Keyes.

    He is their minority representation in a race that will be led by the usual White-Christian-Anglo-Saxon faces. Palin, Cruz and even Rubio. By 2016, nobody on the right will remember Carson as anything other than that black dude they "would" have voted for if it wasn't for all the other white people who joined the race (and if their largest voting block - white males - had allowed it).

    He'll then join the ranks of Keyes (R), Cain(R), Jackson(D), Sharpton(D) - all lazy attempts by white party leader to present a reasonable black voice. However, as we all know none of them will even come reach the kneecaps of electability that was presented by Obama.

    The last electable black people before Obama? Douglass(R), Taylor(R)) and Chrisholm(D).
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-14-13 at 11:47 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #564
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Actually, yes. That's how elections and primaries work. You "pick" a candidate to represent you. Obama was picked. So was Romney. So was McCain. So is everybody who makes it beyond the whole "research committee" phase. They are picked by voters. By the looks of it and how sacred Mr Carson's Gospel seems to be to Republicans this early in the race, some Republicans are already picking him to represent their views - crazy as they may be.

    Question: Do you know how our Republic's electoral system works?

    Because you seem to be yelling out racism just for ****s and giggles.
    sure, primary votes is exactly what you were talking about. If I were you I'd be backtracking too. Since I've been posting on this forum for about a month or so I've been accused of discrimination many times because of my traditional view of marriage. Just thought I'd make sport of you to show how easy it is. A little more care in what you say about black conservatives may be the answer...

  5. #565
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    sure, primary votes is exactly what you were talking about. If I were you I'd be backtracking too.
    As I didn't even make the "picking" statement, I'm not backtracking. I clarified his statement for you. I said Republicans get behind a black man. You do understand what "get behind" means right?

    Since I've been posting on this forum for about a month or so I've been accused of discrimination many times because of my traditional view of marriage.
    Maybe because you sound, act, and present yourself as a bigot.

    ust thought I'd make sport of you to show how easy it is.
    Considering you've never heard the expression "get behind someone" - do you understand the expression "delusions of grandeur"?

    A little more care in what you say about black conservatives may be the answer...
    They're picked by Republicans. The ones picked in the last 10 years seem to be downright crazy.

    Lolz?

    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #566
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Three? Say you got 10 or even 20. That would not be enough. You have to show something much larger.


    btw, we moved from Obama to there being reverse racism. You gave nothing at all on Obama that holds up.
    So all there is left to ask, which color of kool-aide do you prefer?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  7. #567
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    So all there is left to ask, which color of kool-aide do you prefer?
    I think that would be better directed at you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #568
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I can accept your analogy from the perspective of someone who is held in bondage wanting to break free -vs- those who just settle for forced servitude. But again, this is why I'd much rather have had the CLASS Act over what we have now.

    But I'd never suggest that a slave "knew better". Fear and ignorance ruled them, not knowledge. Thus, the risks for freedom for some was too great just as was the odds of gaining said freedom. Therefore, "staying put" was preferable to any alternative including death.
    So you think something is better than Obamadon'tcare but you go along with it because ...the government knows better than you?

    Lot of slaves knew better, that's why they ran off.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #569
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    As I didn't even make the "picking" statement, I'm not backtracking. I clarified his statement for you. I said Republicans get behind a black man. You do understand what "get behind" means right?



    Maybe because you sound, act, and present yourself as a bigot.



    Considering you've never heard the expression "get behind someone" - do you understand the expression "delusions of grandeur"?



    They're picked by Republicans. The ones picked in the last 10 years seem to be downright crazy.

    Lolz?

    Anyone at all can click back a couple of times and see where you wrote "picked", so now instead of just making sport of your racist (although probably unintentional) remarks, I can now make sport of your dishonesty too! And no, It doesn't take delusions of grandeur, it is in fact quite easy to restate what you have clearly written in your own words.

  10. #570
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Actually, yes. That's how elections and primaries work. You "pick" a candidate to represent you. Obama was picked. So was Romney. So was McCain. So is everybody who makes it beyond the whole "research committee" phase. They are picked by voters.
    Not by voters in the Democrat Party. Clinton got more votes than Obama in the 2008 primaries. it was close but she did have more people vote for her.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •