Page 46 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #451
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's really too bad school vouchers weren't made available to you. I never said he didn't have a political career, i said it was unimpressive, as pretty much everyone knows. It seems you agree with the rest.
    Unimpressive or not, the point was she had one and Gaga did not. Perhaps the reading issue us on your side of this conversation.

    And don't assume anything.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #452
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So it's not an ideological opposition. You just have an arbitrary line of percentage of economy.
    No, the key is consent. The mention of the size of the usurpation is to reference why it is politically difficult to obtain consent.

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You sell both short and are factually wrong, not to mention sounding a tad racist coining either from you or Reid.
    I sell them short? How so?

    And I am racist for quoting Harry Reid??? You do know that the Democrats are the party of racists, right?

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Unimpressive or not, the point was she had one and Gaga did not. Perhaps the reading issue us on your side of this conversation.

    And don't assume anything.
    It was not she, it was he. Read, comprehend, read again, respond.

  5. #455
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I sell them short? How so?

    And I am racist for quoting Harry Reid??? You do know that the Democrats are the party of racists, right?
    You chose to use the quote. You can't throw an insult and try to excuse it because you quoted someone else. You and not Reid chose to post it here.

    They both actually accomplished things. It wasn't given.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #456
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually it was Republicans who fought for his civil rights. The Democrats fought a civil war against his rights and wouldn't have allowed him an equal education. They would have attacked him with dogs and fire hoses.
    No, actually it was JFK's dream to pass Civil Rights legislation, it was LBJ who made that dream come true after JFK was assassinated in 1963. His dream was to have it apply to public accommodations, which wasn't included in earlier plans by Republicans. Even today there are many on the right who are against it. See my poll.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...n-stossel.html


  7. #457
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It was not she, it was he. Read, comprehend, read again, respond.
    No, Hillary is a she. Try again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You chose to use the quote. You can't throw an insult and try to excuse it because you quoted someone else. You and not Reid chose to post it here.

    They both actually accomplished things. It wasn't given.
    So I am a racist for quoting a Democrat? LOL!!

    This is great stuff!

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, Hillary is a she. Try again.
    Why don't you just read and then try to understand?? Johnny can't read, I know, but Johnny should still try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's really too bad school vouchers weren't made available to you. I never said he didn't have a political career, i said it was unimpressive, as pretty much everyone knows. It seems you agree with the rest.
    Unimpressive or not, the point was she had one and Gaga did not. Perhaps the reading issue us on your side of this conversation.

  10. #460
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,793

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    No, the key is consent. The mention of the size of the usurpation is to reference why it is politically difficult to obtain consent.
    We don't live in a direct democracy. Consent comes in the form of electing representatives.

    If we had to take a public vote on every aspect of every law, we'd have tons of services offered and none of them paid for. Lots of laws are unpopular. Do we repeal every law that ever has an unfavorable poll? The ACA has a lot of support for its major provisions. And a lot of opposition to the parts that pay for those provisions.

    How do you get around the fact that every tax ever levied is unpopular?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •