Page 39 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What you do may well effect other. Something of yours collapses, it may fall out of your yard into mine. Doesn't meet fire code, and it spread too my house. And this is nit to mention gated communities that demand much, much more (with their own added set of rules).
    So hold me accountable when something happens.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, I don't disagree. But the courts ruled money was free speech. Freedom is chaotic. Authoritarian governments don't have these issues.
    Yet again, courts (that benefit from such donations) ruling on such is no surprise. While a Supreme Court Justice doesn't "directly" benefit from campaign funds the people that appoint them sure do. That alone should have been cause to cancel the citizens united case.

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The only solution Obama fanatics ever offer is Government

    They are pawns
    Most people only ever offer government.

  4. #384
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    When I say face value I have seen people like my father (a hard core Democrat) accept Obamacare because he believes the "representatives" somehow know better than him. I have also seen people like my uncle (a hard core conservative) believe at face value what his side says as well. Unfortunately I think there are lots base players on both sides that take their side at face value than there are people that actually think for themselves. That doesn't even factor in YOUR point of "key players" from both sides pushing these things. We, in a political sense as a country, are in serious distress.
    I think that has more to do with team mentality. Us versus them. I'm often amazed how each side never sees their contradictions.

    As for distress, I think it is the growth and excessive silliness of the team mentality that has us in distress. I don't think we are too far from one another in this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #385
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So hold me accountable when something happens.
    You probably can't afford it or be truly held accountable.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Right, your side wanted a FEDERAL constitutional amendment against flag burning and gay marriage. Your side constantly sides with FCC rulings on so called "morality" as well as abortion. Don't act like YOUR side doesn't use government for what THEY want.
    My "side"? What side is that? We live in a Constitutional Republic. I don't believe social issues should be handled at the Federal level, so there goes your strawman.

    Do you know how the amendment process works btw?

    Your "morality" is repugnant to me. I don't have a problem voting values state by state. You DO however and you know it.

    What business does a central authority have over any of the stuff you people are talking about in this thread? Answer: Zero

  7. #387
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet again, courts (that benefit from such donations) ruling on such is no surprise. While a Supreme Court Justice doesn't "directly" benefit from campaign funds the people that appoint them sure do. That alone should have been cause to cancel the citizens united case.
    Once in, they certainly can ignore donors with no fear of being replaced, at the Supreme Court level. I'm not sure I buy they hold any real obligation.

    But who isn't touched in this way? Can we really remove all money?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #388
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Once in, they certainly can ignore donors with no fear of being replaced, at the Supreme Court level. I'm not sure I buy they hold any real obligation.

    But who isn't touched in this way? Can we really remove all money?
    We can't remove money, that's for sure, but we sure can have limits. Can anyone honestly (and I say honestly) that the most money produces the best candidate? Because that is the system we are promoting right now.

  9. #389
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I guess my point is you have some sort of beef with the reality of the situation of the government being overreaching. Now can you show me how the duoploy of the Dem/Rep so called "representatives" are working to correct this? I guess the question I'm asking is do you vote Republican?
    No, I do not vote republican.

  10. #390
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    We can't remove money, that's for sure, but we sure can have limits. Can anyone honestly (and I say honestly) that the most money produces the best candidate? Because that is the system we are promoting right now.
    The best candidates usually are gone early. And yes, this is a flaw in our system.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •