Page 38 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    The only solution Obama fanatics ever offer is Government

    They are pawns

  2. #372
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The problem is the people that vote for the duopoly system. The flaw in logic is that if someone were to vote outside that, than the other side could win. It's the people that vote for Dem and Rep that ruining this country IMO. Time and time again I hear from people, "Well I voted for the best of two evils". Really, is that the type of system YOU want?
    I tend to think people are the problem, but in a different way. They are illogical and send contradictory messages. Politicians have learned how to use this.

    Outsiders of the system would soon be just as bad as money will follow them. Your part time idea has more promise, but just as unlikely. Any system that runs on a popularity system is bound to have issues.

    That at said, politics is largely corrupt everywhere. Money corrupts. While there are true public servants, they are largely outliers. If we seek perfection, we will be disappointed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's true to a degree. But some risks are more acceptable than others, which is why there are usually more rules where neighbors lite closer to each other than when they live further. I tend to live out in the boonies. No bothers.
    The risks are more acceptable than others because lawyers are going to the extreme and judges are following suit. It used to be that if you slipped in from of someones house it was on YOU. Now they go after the homeowner. Sorry, but the lawyers and judges have created a lucrative system in which they ALL benefit from fraud lawsuits. The prosecuting attorney benefits in the rulings, even the defense and judges benefit in court costs (not directly but in wages from the court system).

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The only solution Obama fanatics ever offer is Government

    They are pawns
    Right, your side wanted a FEDERAL constitutional amendment against flag burning and gay marriage. Your side constantly sides with FCC rulings on so called "morality" as well as abortion. Don't act like YOUR side doesn't use government for what THEY want.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I tend to think people are the problem, but in a different way. They are illogical and send contradictory messages. Politicians have learned how to use this.

    Outsiders of the system would soon be just as bad as money will follow them. Your part time idea has more promise, but just as unlikely. Any system that runs on a popularity system is bound to have issues.

    That at said, politics is largely corrupt everywhere. Money corrupts. While there are true public servants, they are largely outliers. If we seek perfection, we will be disappointed.
    Again, you have made my point, we have stopped producing representatives and instead produced politicians. We should be limiting money to a campaign, because all that we are doing is creating the best "politician" money can buy. Which has produced more troubles and less freedom than what we need.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The risks are more acceptable than others because lawyers are going to the extreme and judges are following suit. It used to be that if you slipped in from of someones house it was on YOU. Now they go after the homeowner. Sorry, but the lawyers and judges have created a lucrative system in which they ALL benefit from fraud lawsuits. The prosecuting attorney benefits in the rulings, even the defense and judges benefit in court costs (not directly but in wages from the court system).
    I won't argue that you are wrong, but that is also brought by people who sue. Lawyers want money. It's the market at work. Juries often settle these things, citizens, and judges often face elections as well. And lord have you seen what happens to a judge that rules contrary to public opinion?

    All I'm saying is that it's too simplistic to blame government.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I won't argue that you are wrong, but that is also brought by people who sue. Lawyers want money. It's the market at work. Juries often settle these things, citizens, and judges often face elections as well. And lord have you seen what happens to a judge that rules contrary to public opinion?

    All I'm saying is that it's too simplistic to blame government.
    When I blame government, I blame the people as well since the people ARE the government. They are the ones that vote these people in and accept at face value what is presented to them in the form of regulations.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, you have made my point, we have stopped producing representatives and instead produced politicians. We should be limiting money to a campaign, because all that we are doing is creating the best "politician" money can buy. Which has produced more troubles and less freedom than what we need.
    Again, I don't disagree. But the courts ruled money was free speech. Freedom is chaotic. Authoritarian governments don't have these issues.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #379
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    When I blame government, I blame the people as well since the people ARE the government. They are the ones that vote these people in and accept at face value what is presented to them in the form of regulations.
    Ahhhh, yes. Which has always been my argument. Often lost in many.

    BTW, they don't just accept at face value, they very often push for and are the moving force behind the regulations.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ahhhh, yes. Which has always been my argument. Often lost in many.

    BTW, they don't just accept at face value, they very often push for and are the moving force behind the regulations.
    When I say face value I have seen people like my father (a hard core Democrat) accept Obamacare because he believes the "representatives" somehow know better than him. I have also seen people like my uncle (a hard core conservative) believe at face value what his side says as well. Unfortunately I think there are lots base players on both sides that take their side at face value than there are people that actually think for themselves. That doesn't even factor in YOUR point of "key players" from both sides pushing these things. We, in a political sense as a country, are in serious distress.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •