Page 34 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #331
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, they are equivalent in the government's eyes because you need a license for both. Can you explain why?
    Are they the same type of license? Can you explain why?

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    THis I gotta hear. Go ahead. Throw it out there.
    No, this you gotta investigate.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not and I don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

    Are you suggesting that risk vs reward is a subjective measure? Well gee yea. I could rob a banks for a living or I could work a job every day. It's all a matter of risk vs reward. Sure I could get rich quickly but I dunno, there's only so much risk I want to take, not even taking into account that most people actually do want to follow the laws and rules of society.
    Actually, I'm not being sarcastic at all. You're talking about using the domain of force of the government to deal with the risk of something that could happen in the future and then saying that another risk isn't worth using the domain of force of the government to deal with. There isn't much to your argument other than subjective judgment calls.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Are they the same type of license? Can you explain why?
    You don't know whether they are the same type of license or not?

    School vouchers now!!

  5. #335
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you take back your earlier statement. Good. That's progressive.
    No, I don't. You merely misuse it, misrepresent it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #336
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So how am I to know they can cut hair or offer a good massage? Maybe I can't judge if someone is good at cutting hair or is a good masseuse. Wasn't your argument that customers need a nanny because they're too goddamn stupid?
    Does a bad haircut kill you?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #337
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, they are equivalent in the government's eyes because you need a license for both. Can you explain why?
    It's not the same degree of oversight. Not equivalent.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #338
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Actually, I'm not being sarcastic at all. You're talking about using the domain of force of the government to deal with the risk of something that could happen in the future and then saying that another risk isn't worth using the domain of force of the government to deal with. There isn't much to your argument other than subjective judgment calls.
    Well if you have a problem with subjective judgement calls you probably don't want to live in the United States. The Supreme Court makes those types of decisions all the time.

  9. #339
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You don't know whether they are the same type of license or not?

    School vouchers now!!
    I'm well aware of whether they're the same type of license or not. Answer the question. If the licenses required to get a haircut and fly a plane are the same explain why. If they're different licenses then explain why. If you answer the question then you'll be able to figure out why one license may have more stringent requirements than another type of license.

    Instead of dodging the question with ad-hominen attacks answer the question and free your mind.

  10. #340
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, this you gotta investigate.
    There's lots of BS out there done by both parties, but nothing compares to the "WMD" fiasco, not even the Gulf of Tonkin Incident. After all, at least the GOTI actually happened.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •