Page 32 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #311
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps you can supply a similar argument why a barber or a masseuse needs a license from the government.
    Why? Is there some reason that aviation and hair cutting are equivalent? Because I think some industries need strict oversight, I must think that about all industries?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is that intended to be an explanation of some sort?
    It means your making a cause and effect error. Your side has been making it fir a long time.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They are improving insurance standards? Why did they have to pass Obamacare to do that?
    It's not all the ACA does. But it largely focuses on insurance.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #314
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,814

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Sure they did. But there was a whole lot more to it than just that.
    Sure there was

  5. #315
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,814

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually they did, but its off topic. Why not take some time to research the subject.
    THis I gotta hear. Go ahead. Throw it out there.

  6. #316
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    *Puts on tinfoil*

    I believe the worst part of the ACA is its precedence setting. It has essentially made it ok for the government to dictate by just being an living adult a product or service that has been deemed for the betterment of society and must be purchased from a private businesses or be punished by the government. I have believed for a very long time that our government has been in the hands of lobbyist and the elite entities that back them. This just plays further into their hands and feel that it may only be a matter of time before other goods/services are deemed "for the betterment of society". Big business does not need to make a product or service that the private citizen find desirable and wish to purchase they just need to lobby the government to provide it to the people, perfect business model.

  7. #317
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    THis I gotta hear. Go ahead. Throw it out there.
    Condi Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, and Dick Cheney were really Democratic Party Operatives who were intent on making it so that almost any Dem could win in '08. Didn't you know? Nobody could deliberately bungle a war that badly on accident.

    Remember when pallets of cold hard cash were flown to the middle of a war zone and billions of dollars disappeared to the surprise of nobody? That kind of decision doesn't happen by someone trying to win a war or balance a budget.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The government doesn't have that skill either.

    Perhaps you can supply a similar argument why a barber or a masseuse needs a license from the government.
    Blowjobs and happy endings? I have no idea.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why? Is there some reason that aviation and hair cutting are equivalent? Because I think some industries need strict oversight, I must think that about all industries?
    So how am I to know they can cut hair or offer a good massage? Maybe I can't judge if someone is good at cutting hair or is a good masseuse. Wasn't your argument that customers need a nanny because they're too goddamn stupid?

  10. #320
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So how am I to know they can cut hair or offer a good massage? Maybe I can't judge if someone is good at cutting hair or is a good masseuse. Wasn't your argument that customers need a nanny because they're too goddamn stupid?
    Well if a haircut goes wrong you get a bad haircut.

    If a plane doesn't meet minimum standards it could fall out of the sky on top of a city but hey a bad haircut vs hundreds of dead people are pretty much the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •