Page 31 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Jury is out on that---he's clearly not a gun nut, but he is a homophobe and the comment about ACA being akin to slavery is off the hook.
    We can spend quite a while reviewing the stupid things and very ignorant things Barrack Obama has said and not only was he elected President, he was re-elected! I strongly suspect Republicans are held to much higher standards than Democrats. In fact, do Democrats have standards?

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In the care, no. Other than to improve insurance standards so more get care, no it isn't.
    They are improving insurance standards? Why did they have to pass Obamacare to do that?

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You know they have been doing this for decades, and even with tax cuts. If you look at it, you will know nothing republicans complain about are driving these moves.
    Is that intended to be an explanation of some sort?

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The Dems didn't drum us into a war over WMD when no such weapons existed.
    Actually they did, but its off topic. Why not take some time to research the subject.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Economic freedom in America is an absolute joke. I just found out that if i want to produce a new product I need to get the approval of the federal government first. I didn't even sell one unit of the product yet and the government is already telling me what to do.
    Many Americans, and foreign investors, are discovering the same thing but the leftists will never get it. They'll still listen to those politicians who say that it's they who will 'create jobs'.

  6. #306
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The Dems didn't drum us into a war over WMD when no such weapons existed.
    Sure they did. But there was a whole lot more to it than just that.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  7. #307
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This post, right here, is a perfect demonstration of how ridiculous libertarianism really gets.

    I, the pilot or aircraft operator, have the power to place your life in mortal danger in order to save myself a few bucks. You, the passenger, have virtually no way to assess that risk. You have no basis of knowledge whatsoever that allows you to determine whether or not the risk I am putting you in is worth the $20 you save on the ticket. Because you don't understand how planes fly in the first place, let alone the skill, planning, maintenance, and supervision required to do so safely.

    You. Are. Not. An. Informed. Consumer.

    How many times have you heard people complain about delays, stating they "sat on the runway" for X amount of time. Guess what? They didn't sit on a runway. They sat somewhere else. A person who can't even name the various strips of pavement they sit on is supposed assess the value of my flying skill? They're supposed to determine whether or not proper maintenance has been completed on my aircraft? How? Going to inspect the plane yourself, are you? How about just looking at the paperwork yourself? Would you even know what to look for? Wait, in libertopia I'm not required to even have paperwork showing maintenance records, let alone show it to those ****ing customers.

    In your world, the company has the right to literally kill you in the name of saving money. I'm sure the next generation will sufficiently punish the company. Like happened with ValuJet, right? Nasty accident caused by shoddy procedures. The market didn't let them continue to operOH WAIT.
    So what is your point? Government control and regulations didn't prevent an accident?

    And how do you know this about everybody?: "Because you don't understand how planes fly in the first place, let alone the skill, planning, maintenance, and supervision required to do so safely.

    You. Are. Not. An. Informed. Consumer."
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  8. #308
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,731

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    So what is your point? Government control and regulations didn't prevent an accident?

    And how do you know this about everybody?: "Because you don't understand how planes fly in the first place, let alone the skill, planning, maintenance, and supervision required to do so safely.

    You. Are. Not. An. Informed. Consumer."
    Clearly it's not everybody. There's the occasional nerd who learns a lot about aviation despite not being directly involved in the industry. However, they're the exception, not the rule. Most people don't know **** about flying a plane safely.

    Just like I don't know **** about building a safe skyscraper or safely performing major surgery. I am not qualified to assess the skill of my surgeon.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Clearly it's not everybody. There's the occasional nerd who learns a lot about aviation despite not being directly involved in the industry. However, they're the exception, not the rule. Most people don't know **** about flying a plane safely.

    Just like I don't know **** about building a safe skyscraper or safely performing major surgery. I am not qualified to assess the skill of my surgeon.
    The government doesn't have that skill either.

    Perhaps you can supply a similar argument why a barber or a masseuse needs a license from the government.
    Last edited by Grant; 10-12-13 at 10:09 PM.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That seems a bit strange since it deals with doctors and patients, not the insurance company.
    The law, ACA, deals mostly with insurance. Anything else is more and better service, not denying doctors to treat patients with accepted practices. Leeches may be frown upon as something we pay for, but only something like that is really at stake.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •