Page 17 of 162 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #161
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you really believe you are more intelligent than Sarah Palin??? PJTV: Bill Whittle on the Sarah Palin Haters - YouTube
    Didn't know it was a contest. But I do know the death penalty stuff was nonsense. She didn't. She wasn't prepared for the media. She has made herself look silly. There's no one you can quote that would change these facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #162
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Reality is not. An opinion can, in fact, be wrong.
    no.

    Definition of Objective and Subjective
    Objective is a statement that is completely unbiased. It is not touched by the speaker’s previous experiences or tastes. It is verifiable by looking up facts or performing mathematical calculations.
    Subjective is a statement that has been colored by the character of the speaker or writer. It often has a basis in reality, but reflects the perspective through with the speaker views reality. It cannot be verified using concrete facts and figures.

    Read more: Difference Between Objective and Subjective | Difference Between | Objective vs Subjective Difference Between Objective and Subjective | Difference Between | Objective vs Subjective

  3. #163
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Yes, low-income wage earners are required to have health insurance as well. But as I said, if they meet federal-poverty limit guidelines, they can apply for health insurance credits and if eligible, avoid the penalty.
    Aren't those same people already getting medicare?

    Why call it, "Affordable Health Care"? It's nothing but me paying someone else's way. My premiums are going up, so some porch perched lazy ass can get something for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #164
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yet, you can't even post a few of those facts that blow his talking points out of the water.
    well i didnt address any of his talking points actually but thats a good straw man, its fails but its a good try.
    Good move backing off the telling "libbos" statement though

    Im very familiar with Him and his views on equal rights, gays, muslims etc are enough to know he is a political cartoon.
    ANd while I myself am not a sold fan on ACA, equating it to slavery is politically, logically, honestly and objectively mentally obtuse.

    That statement/comparison is the height of hyperbolic fodder and brushing over that is dishonest.

    Tomorrow he could make the best factually accurate statement about politics or ACA ever, or he may even have many points about ACA i agree with RIGHT now, that doesn't erase the lunacy of his views on gays, muslims and hyperbolic comparison of ACA to slavery.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 10-12-13 at 04:48 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #165
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Democrats sure as hell removed that part quick enough, once the word got out. If they're so much smarter than those of us who a part of the swinish masses, then they should have been able to explain to us how there were no death panels.
    Have you paid any attention what either I or Duce have said? If you understood the provision, you know that silliness actually will lead to harming people. Your side did harm, not good.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #166
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,736

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not a pollutant!

    Plants--plants that produce friggin' oxygen--live off CO2.

    Only the idiotic Libbos in the government would classify CO2 as a pollutant.
    So, what you're saying is that changes to regulations aren't always made in a rational manner with strong grounding in reality? Interesting...
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If CO2 weren't a pollutant, the EPA wouldn't be regulating it.


    Because they couldn't just regulate anything they felt like it and call it a pollutant.

  8. #168
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Have you paid any attention what either I or Duce have said? If you understood the provision, you know that silliness actually will lead to harming people. Your side did harm, not good.
    Yeah? How's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #169
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,309

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So, what you're saying is that changes to regulations aren't always made in a rational manner with strong grounding in reality? Interesting...
    You oughta know, the Libbos do it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #170
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Yes, low-income wage earners are required to have health insurance as well. But as I said, if they meet federal-poverty limit guidelines, they can apply for health insurance credits and if eligible, avoid the penalty.
    If not them, Does the work of the slaves pay for that avoidance and the care that they actually receive? IDK let's ask the good Dr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •