Page 158 of 162 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1571
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You go through life like that?
    Thinking you're dumb? Yes.

    That is too bad.
    Works fine for me. The government agrees.

    oh I see, like most progressives, you rely on playing semantics...I don't have time for that, or for you....Have a nice day.
    lol I'm not a progressive.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #1572
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So far though, it isn't cheaper, nor more effective....
    Not sure that's true. It takes a while to dig through all the misinformation and what is really happening. As much as we don't like it, results are rarely instant.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1573
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not sure that's true. It takes a while to dig through all the misinformation and what is really happening. As much as we don't like it, results are rarely instant.
    How much evidence are you going to need of premiums at 3 and 4 times higher, as well as deductibles of $12k before you admit you were wrong?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1574
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How much evidence are you going to need of premiums at 3 and 4 times higher, as well as deductibles of $12k before you admit you were wrong?
    Again, that was happening before ACA. PBS did a good job of pointing out this was going to happen even if no reform was attempted. Your side is taking what has been the practice and blaming it on ACA. You will also see if you look that some states are doing a poor job, and others are doing a good job, and that is why things vary from state to state in what we're seeing. Logically, there is no reason for ACA to be causing any increase. But don't let that sway you. As I've pointed out, years before Obama was elected, we were seeing the same types of increases. Damn Obama must have time traveled in order to make that happen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1575
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, that was happening before ACA. PBS did a good job of pointing out this was going to happen even if no reform was attempted. Your side is taking what has been the practice and blaming it on ACA. You will also see if you look that some states are doing a poor job, and others are doing a good job, and that is why things vary from state to state in what we're seeing. Logically, there is no reason for ACA to be causing any increase. But don't let that sway you. As I've pointed out, years before Obama was elected, we were seeing the same types of increases. Damn Obama must have time traveled in order to make that happen.
    I didn't see the PBS report, but the National Journal had an article the other day that seems that it may be saying the same thing.


    Take Two Aspirin and Blame Everything on Obamacare - NationalJournal.com
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  6. #1576
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, that was happening before ACA. PBS did a good job of pointing out this was going to happen even if no reform was attempted. Your side is taking what has been the practice and blaming it on ACA. You will also see if you look that some states are doing a poor job, and others are doing a good job, and that is why things vary from state to state in what we're seeing. Logically, there is no reason for ACA to be causing any increase. But don't let that sway you. As I've pointed out, years before Obama was elected, we were seeing the same types of increases. Damn Obama must have time traveled in order to make that happen.
    Joe, I am going to try and respond to this on my phone so bear with me.

    First, that this was happening before obamacare is pure bull! I don't think you can point to ANY time in the past where premiums for a policy have risen up to 400% along with deductible increases of the thousands we see with this. And I don't give a crap what an outlet that relies on its very existence from government, like PBS has to say on it. It's obviously a shill job. This is the federal government showing that they are not equipped to do this, and the blame game matters not on the final analysis. When all the delays and waivers expire, and this is laid bare on the people, progressives ate going to pay politically. Bank on it.

    You say there is "no logical reason", and I say you are remaining willfully blind. There is NO WAY you can promise to add millions to the rolls of anything, cover more, and not have it cost more. Math is math. And the increases we are seeing today will be nothing when we compare them to next year, when we hit the realization that we have not gotten the young people in, but rather sacrificed the already insured for the older, sicker people. When that comes to light, who you gonna blame it on then? Huh?

    This is a disaster, and people like you intentionally caused it. Many more will suffer for your failed ideology than would have, and it didn't have to be this way.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1577
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Joe, I am going to try and respond to this on my phone so bear with me.

    First, that this was happening before obamacare is pure bull! I don't think you can point to ANY time in the past where premiums for a policy have risen up to 400% along with deductible increases of the thousands we see with this. And I don't give a crap what an outlet that relies on its very existence from government, like PBS has to say on it. It's obviously a shill job. This is the federal government showing that they are not equipped to do this, and the blame game matters not on the final analysis. When all the delays and waivers expire, and this is laid bare on the people, progressives ate going to pay politically. Bank on it.

    You say there is "no logical reason", and I say you are remaining willfully blind. There is NO WAY you can promise to add millions to the rolls of anything, cover more, and not have it cost more. Math is math. And the increases we are seeing today will be nothing when we compare them to next year, when we hit the realization that we have not gotten the young people in, but rather sacrificed the already insured for the older, sicker people. When that comes to light, who you gonna blame it on then? Huh?

    This is a disaster, and people like you intentionally caused it. Many more will suffer for your failed ideology than would have, and it didn't have to be this way.
    You're four hundred % number is bunk. Mind raised 2%. Some have seen double digit. And yes, you can promise millions support when you add millions to paying premiums. If you couldn't, then insurance doesn't work in the first place.

    And no, your side has hyped it to the point of being wildly inaccurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1578
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're four hundred % number is bunk. Mind raised 2%. Some have seen double digit. And yes, you can promise millions support when you add millions to paying premiums. If you couldn't, then insurance doesn't work in the first place.

    And no, your side has hyped it to the point of being wildly inaccurate.
    Your insurance is but one employer offered policy in the whole US. Not the norm either. Mine is going up from $200 per month, to $300 per month in Janurary...And I am worried we may get cancelled when the waiver expires....Thanks Obama. As for more in the pool, so more coverage, you don't know how many younger, healthier people are going to sign up, and further, those enrolled now, haven't for the most part even paid for, and can't pay for their plans because that part of the site is not built yet.... So, you think premiums are bad this year, I say yes, wait til next year when the price is set by actuarial data....It is going to be pitchfork time.

    As for "my side hyping".... It is politics Joe....Good grief, I find it amazing that when a Republican is in office, you libs can lie, smear, and say the most outrageous things, but when a demo is in, and repubs use your own tactics against you, y'all squeal like stuck pigs. Hypocrites.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1579
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Joe, I am going to try and respond to this on my phone so bear with me.

    First, that this was happening before obamacare is pure bull! I don't think you can point to ANY time in the past where premiums for a policy have risen up to 400% along with deductible increases of the thousands we see with this. And I don't give a crap what an outlet that relies on its very existence from government, like PBS has to say on it. It's obviously a shill job. This is the federal government showing that they are not equipped to do this, and the blame game matters not on the final analysis. When all the delays and waivers expire, and this is laid bare on the people, progressives ate going to pay politically. Bank on it.

    You say there is "no logical reason", and I say you are remaining willfully blind. There is NO WAY you can promise to add millions to the rolls of anything, cover more, and not have it cost more. Math is math. And the increases we are seeing today will be nothing when we compare them to next year, when we hit the realization that we have not gotten the young people in, but rather sacrificed the already insured for the older, sicker people. When that comes to light, who you gonna blame it on then? Huh?

    This is a disaster, and people like you intentionally caused it. Many more will suffer for your failed ideology than would have, and it didn't have to be this way.
    Again, your 400% number is false. Not sure where you're reading the nonsense, or how such a silly number is being promoted, but it's bunk.

    Now as for me, yes, we're one place. But the state is on par. California isn't doing as well, but not because of anything in ACA. They are simply doing a poor job adapting. Again, this is giving states the right to be stupid. You support that as I recall.

    And I've already addressed the adding millions. You also add millions of customers paying premiums. Many not ill. This is the basic premise behind insurance. The well negate the ill. So, I'm the opposite of being blind. I know how it works. Try to address this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1580
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, your 400% number is false. Not sure where you're reading the nonsense, or how such a silly number is being promoted, but it's bunk.

    Now as for me, yes, we're one place. But the state is on par. California isn't doing as well, but not because of anything in ACA. They are simply doing a poor job adapting. Again, this is giving states the right to be stupid. You support that as I recall.

    And I've already addressed the adding millions. You also add millions of customers paying premiums. Many not ill. This is the basic premise behind insurance. The well negate the ill. So, I'm the opposite of being blind. I know how it works. Try to address this.
    How many have paid their premium? Give me a number.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •