Page 153 of 162 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1521
    User hjl1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    07-31-17 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    87

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Good morning hjl. I can tell from a cursory reading of your post here that you are an almost perfect product of the public education system. I won't derail further by addressing each of the wildly wrong points you have made here, because each one of them would deserve their own thread, and could support debate on each separate issue by themselves.

    However, a couple of things you got horribly wrong in your rant here;

    1. Mitt Romney was Governor of Massachusetts, not Maine.

    2. That you say that Romney voted against Mass health insurance mandates, but was voted down in congress, makes me wonder if you even understand governmental make up.

    Massachusetts doesn't have a "congress".... As like all states they have a legislature. "Congress" is used to describe the Federal government. It's a small point I know, but accuracy here counts. So, States = Legislature, Federal system = Congress.

    And lastly, if Obama has two sides, as you say, "the campaign Obama, and the President Obama".... Tell me, when do we get to see the "President Obama"??? This guy has never left the campaign.

    And Biden is a joke! Probably one of the largest considerations to not impeach Obama, is because we would be stuck with that bumbling fool as President.
    No points that you made are really valid in any way. I messed up on a state... guess what, in a conversation it would have gotten pointed out right away. Human error happens, don't sweat the small stuff - including the difference between congress and legislature. So, I use some words that are highly similar but not exact - you still know exactly to a tee what I meant.

    I'm not even going to debate this any further with you. Your asinine picking just disqualifies you from the get go.

  2. #1522
    User hjl1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    07-31-17 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    87

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why not? Couldn't be bothered, but now have an opinion?



    So, you are really for one party rule. "Likeable", "moderate" are both terms that define liberal/progressive ideology to a tee. You chose, and vote on emotion...That is a horrible way to pick who runs the country.



    No, he really didn't that was how progressives defined him in their narrative, and you bought it.
    If I voted on emotion, I would have voted. I wanted a more viable candidate than Obama to emerge, and it didn't happen. Likeable and moderate are terms that can also define republicans to a tee. I'm not a liberal, but I agree with some of the things that they say based on real life experience.

    Finally, I didn't just watch how progressives defined him, I watched countless videos of him flip flopping on issues throughout the year. He said whatever would make him more likeable in whatever particular town he visited that day. I'm sorry, but his campaign was nothing like his debates against Obama - and that's a huge reason why Obama was speechless during the first debate - he had no idea what to say to stances he had never heard. That was planned by design.

  3. #1523
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by hjl1991 View Post
    No points that you made are really valid in any way. I messed up on a state... guess what, in a conversation it would have gotten pointed out right away. Human error happens, don't sweat the small stuff - including the difference between congress and legislature. So, I use some words that are highly similar but not exact - you still know exactly to a tee what I meant.

    I'm not even going to debate this any further with you. Your asinine picking just disqualifies you from the get go.

    paraphrase....'I don't like where you are going, so I am kicking over the game board and going home.'....hahaha, Run along now....

    If I voted on emotion, I would have voted. I wanted a more viable candidate than Obama to emerge, and it didn't happen. Likeable and moderate are terms that can also define republicans to a tee. I'm not a liberal, but I agree with some of the things that they say based on real life experience.

    Finally, I didn't just watch how progressives defined him, I watched countless videos of him flip flopping on issues throughout the year. He said whatever would make him more likeable in whatever particular town he visited that day. I'm sorry, but his campaign was nothing like his debates against Obama - and that's a huge reason why Obama was speechless during the first debate - he had no idea what to say to stances he had never heard. That was planned by design.
    I thought you said, to quote you exactly: "I'm not even going to debate this any further with you." yet, you just can't help yourself....

    Anyway, you didn't even vote, so I have little time for your criticisms now. Have a nice day.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1524
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You really are predictable Joe....All you did here was insult me, and give your own opinion that you think it is silly. noted. Look, if you want to go though life cherry picking definitions because you don't like things being negatively spoken about..Well, I am not interested in your hurt feelings because you don't like how some see your destructive plans. I provided how the statement is accurate, and all you have, rather than discuss it rationally, is to attack me, and provide your opinion....But guess what, I know your opinion, and don't really care particularly about it. So, unless you have something remotely educated to say about it, then the point stands whether you like it or not.
    I have cherry picked nothing. Nor did you even give a definition. You cited some one making yet another silly comparison. That's what I addressed. Neither taxes nor ACA is anything like slavery. If they are nothing alike, they can't be compared as a metaphor. This is not rocket science. I never claimed no one ever makes silly comparison, so you giving examples of other errors doesn't prove your point. That's what I'm trying to get across to you. A metaphor is a comparison. To be valid, they must be alike.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1525
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have cherry picked nothing. Nor did you even give a definition. You cited some one making yet another silly comparison. That's what I addressed. Neither taxes nor ACA is anything like slavery. If they are nothing alike, they can't be compared as a metaphor. This is not rocket science. I never claimed no one ever makes silly comparison, so you giving examples of other errors doesn't prove your point. That's what I'm trying to get across to you. A metaphor is a comparison. To be valid, they must be alike.
    I am afraid that your attempt here is already past its use by date....You can tantrum all you want but your opinion on this has been debunked, now move on.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1526
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am afraid that your attempt here is already past its use by date....You can tantrum all you want but your opinion on this has been debunked, now move on.
    No, you've debunked nothing. You don't want to be insulted, don't be silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1527
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Sorry boys: as the resurgent who gives no ****s for the local partisan arguing, the liberals won this one. Just do the math: when you make a retarded initial argument, all you can do is hope that people mocking and debasing it make an even worse argument. Carson set the bar high and the liberals couldn't overcome that stupidity.

    Case closed: liberals win this one.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #1528
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Sorry boys: as the resurgent who gives no ****s for the local partisan arguing, the liberals won this one. Just do the math: when you make a retarded initial argument, all you can do is hope that people mocking and debasing it make an even worse argument. Carson set the bar high and the liberals couldn't overcome that stupidity.

    Case closed: liberals win this one.
    That's your opinion.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1529
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's your opinion.
    Nah, they never got as dumb as Carson's original statement, whereas conservatives actually defended Carson. So liberals are in the clear on this one. It's done. Move on to the next fight. They were dumb as **** about the Trayvon Martin thing, maybe go back to that one.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #1530
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Nah, they never got as dumb as Carson's original statement, whereas conservatives actually defended Carson. So liberals are in the clear on this one. It's done. Move on to the next fight. They were dumb as **** about the Trayvon Martin thing, maybe go back to that one.
    Taxation = Slavery is not a new concept. Regardless of your opinion of the thought.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •