Page 15 of 162 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #141
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    An opinion can, in fact, be wrong.
    yep some people seem to have a severely hard time understanding that
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #142
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,484

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because in politics, appearance is more important than reality. Delusional people thought there were death panels, so the not-actually-death-panels clause was removed. Predictably, those people continued to bitch about non-existent death panels even after the not-actually-death-panels clause was removed.
    Why was that section removed, if it didn't set up death panels?? Care to explain that reality to us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's too early?!?

    Hell, they can't even sign onto the website to see the damn options!

    Don't you think the American people deserve something just a little better than this??

    The Aggrevating Care Act is just another example of the incompetence of the Obama Regime.
    Not quite true, but that's a technical web issue and not a law issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #144
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Medicare is socialized medicine, so if you support Medicare you support slavery?

    This is what you're saying?
    If that were what I was saying, I think I would have typed that. Medicare is a part of the Social Security Admin so I am forced to support it by fiat...would I rather have kept my money, the money I was required to pay into FICA, myself? Yes.

    Is that what you are saying?

    I am not for Medicare... that make it any clearer? I think the Social Programs inaugurated under the Great Society are feel good ultimately do bad kinda programs. Clearer still? I am not for any kind of slavery, including government induced slavery.

    Now we have folks that have been forced to pay into such things their entire lives, that they should get some return on that investment can somehow be interpreted to mean they are forced to be for socialized medicine therefore, ipso facto, they can be considered for slavery?

    As you know, or should, that simply does not accurately compute.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  5. #145
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why was that section removed, if it didn't set up death panels?? Care to explain that reality to us?
    You literally quoted the post explaining why they were removed. Here it is again.

    Because in politics, appearance is more important than reality. Delusional people thought there were death panels, so the not-actually-death-panels clause was removed.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #146
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    If that were what I was saying, I think I would have typed that. Medicare is a part of the Social Security Admin so I am forced to support it by fiat...would I rather have kept my money, the money I was required to pay into FICA, myself? Yes.

    Is that what you are saying?

    I am not for Medicare... that make it any clearer? I think the Social Programs inaugurated under the Great Society are feel good ultimately do bad kinda programs. Clearer still? I am not for any kind of slavery, including government induced slavery.

    Now we have folks that have been forced to pay into such things their entire lives, that they should get some return on that investment can somehow be interpreted to mean they are forced to be for socialized medicine therefore, ipso facto, they can be considered for slavery?

    As you know, or should, that simply does not accurately compute.
    I am for medicare. Does this mean I am for slavery?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #147
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud. Nobody is advocating he be silenced by penalty of law, and it's pretty goddamn dishonest for you to even imply it.

    Yes, he's entitled to his opinion, and I'm entitled to say that he's full of it.
    Do you remember what I was saying about leftist emotionalism? : )

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you really don't any more than liberals do. You have some bright folks, as do liberals, but are really no different at all.

    And I think Sarah is stupid because she proved to be stupid, not by one comment, but by demonstrating a lack of knowledge on many subjects and promoting the silly death panel nonsense. One comment did not put her in stupid town.
    Do you really believe you are more intelligent than Sarah Palin??? PJTV: Bill Whittle on the Sarah Palin Haters - YouTube

  9. #149
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,484

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It was nonsense. But according to the representation Grassley (in his reply to my criticism), the republican who fought for that part for years, that even though it was nonsense, it had to react to your FEELINGS. In other words, it was too hard to educate your side.
    The Democrats sure as hell removed that part quick enough, once the word got out. If they're so much smarter than those of us who a part of the swinish masses, then they should have been able to explain to us how there were no death panels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    But that's not even true. You can drive a car all day long on private property without insurance.
    Come now, you and I both know that people don't conduct their daily commute using private drives. We use public streets, roads, lanes, bridges, drives, avenues, boulevards, parkways, federal and state highways. You're simply trying to be funny. (And yes, I did get a laugh out of it because you know the truth the broader point towhich I was inferring)

    Insurance is not the government. You are talking about the condition of a contract, not the law.
    Ah! But by not adhering to the condition of the contract you expose yourself to risk. Thus, you're likely to bring about the very forms of legalism and law enforcement you're trying to avoid by having it your way. Better to install smoke detectors or have them repaired than to avoid needed repair OR disable them and risk losing your property, your wealth (earnings) or your life just to have it your way. A small price to pay don't you think?

    Well, you are wrong about the home inspection. Most home inspectors do test the outlets for ground. However, when an individual buys a home, they buy it as is and all defects are not the responsibility of any previous owner.
    You know the "Sold AS-IS/buyer beware" argument wasn't the issue here. What was is the uncompensated care those who do have health insurance pay via a portion of their health insurance premium to the uninsured. Thus, the analogy of "passing on the risk" of home ownership with your health insurance premium. In both cases, you don't know the risk (or in the case of uncompensated care, the cost) is being passed on to the unsuspecting buyer (or shall we say the more responsible party).
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •