Page 149 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1481
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, that is the usual response whenever I don't buy into any article you think proves your point, that or attack me personally by highlighting some bias, because I don't agree. Any chance that your own bias caused you to post an article from a person that is documented to have such biased views himself against the Conservatives, or TP in America that he has been called on it in the past? I am sure not.....:
    J, you didn't address the point, so I'm not sure you know what it is. The point was not about bias, but about how often both sides see the sky as falling, and it never falls. You keep skipping over it. He could be the most biased SOB in the world, and dead set correct on this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1482
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, you didn't address the point, so I'm not sure you know what it is. The point was not about bias, but about how often both sides see the sky as falling, and it never falls. You keep skipping over it. He could be the most biased SOB in the world, and dead set correct on this.
    Not going to play that game with you Joe...I really don't need your condescension. Pseudo Intellectualism doesn't impress me. Even with an English accent.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1483
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not going to play that game with you Joe...I really don't need your condescension. Pseudo Intellectualism doesn't impress me. Even with an English accent.
    It's not a game j. Nor is it condescension. Nor particularly intellectual, unless of course you call actually thinking and address the point intellectualism. All I want is for you to address what was actually said. Why is that so hard for you?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1484
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's not a game j.
    Sure it is Joe....What's not when trying to discuss anything with you?

    Nor is it condescension.
    Oh, so now hundreds of miles away, through an internet connection, having never even met me, you can tell what I find condescending? Wow, that is special....

    Nor particularly intellectual
    That's for sure.

    unless of course you call actually thinking and address the point intellectualism. All I want is for you to address what was actually said.
    Because I have now repeatedly told you that I don't care what some pompous Brit, that you ideologically line up with has to say. It's bull ****.

    Why is that so hard for you?
    Indeed.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1485
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sure it is Joe....What's not when trying to discuss anything with you?
    You may look at yourself more than me, as you're the one not addressing the point.

    Oh, so now hundreds of miles away, through an internet connection, having never even met me, you can tell what I find condescending? Wow, that is special....
    It's not about what you find or think, but what something really is. Some people just read in to things what isn't there.





    Because I have now repeatedly told you that I don't care what some pompous Brit, that you ideologically line up with has to say. It's bull ****.
    It's not about him. It's about the point. What was argued. When will you understand this?


    Indeed.
    Care to answer? And you still have not so much as attempted to answer the point. It is you that always makes it about personalities. No one else.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1486
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Care to answer? And you still have not so much as attempted to answer the point. It is you that always makes it about personalities. No one else.
    I have already answered this.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1487
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I have already answered this.
    No, the point you never addressed. Not once. You merely said you don't like the guy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1488
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, the point you never addressed. Not once. You merely said you don't like the guy.
    Asked and answered....Move on.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1489
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Asked and answered....Move on.
    So you agree that we've always complained about or leaders seeing doom and gloom, and that largely it's all hype?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1490
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So you agree that we've always complained about or leaders seeing doom and gloom, and that largely it's all hype?
    In a sense maybe, but that in no way means that we should be passive in the face of what could possibly be destructive. That you don't like the comparison that Dr. Carson made, I get that, but for goodness sake, you and other liberals act as though scrutiny is above reproach. That leads to not acting before destruction, and is unacceptable....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •