Page 136 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1351
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Stewart is funny....And doesn't tend to project the vitriol that Maher does...But even Stewart is awfully biased.
    Who cares? Seriously? You can be biased and correct. Accuracy is the thing, not bias.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1352
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who cares? Seriously? You can be biased and correct. Accuracy is the thing, not bias.
    Oh, so you think it is "accurate" to chop, and paste things together, to totally misrepresent and distort for a laugh as long as you agree with the overall message eh? Seriously Joe, that's pathetic.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1353
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not even a little...Maher is a sad, pathetic, loser liberal who is angry at the world, and especially angry at those who don't fall in line with his F'd up progressive world view. And what makes it worse is that people, mostly vapid people think his rant, and vile are intellectual.
    Just your opinion now isn't it. I think he's great and on target.

  4. #1354
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Stewart is funny....And doesn't tend to project the vitriol that Maher does...But even Stewart is awfully biased.
    What a surprise you think Jon Stewart is unfair as well. He gives you guys way too much slack as it is but you don't even see it, wow.

  5. #1355
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Just your opinion now isn't it. I think he's great and on target.
    Ofcourse you do....I am shocked...But, it really is weak. All you progressives have is to call names, and throw insults...Nothing really but a time passing exercise....If you think Maher is anything but a nasty little cretin only watched by other like minded petty people then I have news for you....

    What a surprise you think Jon Stewart is unfair as well. He gives you guys way too much slack as it is but you don't even see it, wow.
    No, I said biased....totally different than "unfair"....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1356
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,301

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Stewart's just funnier.
    mmmm ... for accuracy let's just say they give Stewart funnier lines to repeat.
    But Maher does appeal to a certain niche viewer ... and that ain't a compliment to him or the niche.

  7. #1357
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ofcourse you do....I am shocked...But, it really is weak. All you progressives have is to call names, and throw insults...Nothing really but a time passing exercise....If you think Maher is anything but a nasty little cretin only watched by other like minded petty people then I have news for you....

    No, I said biased....totally different than "unfair"....
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not even a little...Maher is a sad, pathetic, loser liberal who is angry at the world, and especially angry at those who don't fall in line with his F'd up progressive world view. And what makes it worse is that people, mostly vapid people think his rant, and vile are intellectual.
    When I was younger I didn't like Maher very much because I felt he was too nasty, too extreme, he was a jerk for no good reason. After spending many years listening to the right, to their arguments, to the way they conduct themselves, their behaviour, it dawned on me why Maher is such an asshole. Its because he's tired of the bs, the lies, the garbage that comes out of the right. Its all a big steaming pile of cow dung so all he can do is make fun of it in a nasty way and no longer care. That is where I am at, and it makes perfect sense to me now.

  8. #1358
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    When I was younger I didn't like Maher very much because I felt he was too nasty, too extreme, he was a jerk for no good reason. After spending many years listening to the right, to their arguments, to the way they conduct themselves, their behaviour, it dawned on me why Maher is such an asshole. Its because he's tired of the bs, the lies, the garbage that comes out of the right. Its all a big steaming pile of cow dung so all he can do is make fun of it in a nasty way and no longer care. That is where I am at, and it makes perfect sense to me now.
    Shame, sounds like you had it closer when you were younger.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, so you think it is "accurate" to chop, and paste things together, to totally misrepresent and distort for a laugh as long as you agree with the overall message eh? Seriously Joe, that's pathetic.
    NO, that would be inaccurate. But, making fun of something accurately is fine. Works even when I disagree.

    Oddly, Stewart is more accurate than the majority of political entertainers on either side. He finds the hypocrisy, the silliness, the illogical, and is perfectly accurate in doing so.

    However, the real trouble with inaccuracy isn't comedians, but what some try to pass off as news. Real sources must be accurate. Bias is something that can be handled.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1360
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    mmmm ... for accuracy let's just say they give Stewart funnier lines to repeat.
    But Maher does appeal to a certain niche viewer ... and that ain't a compliment to him or the niche.
    Sure, both have writers. But I find Stewart funnier, and that includes his delivery.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •