Page 131 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1301
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    They care because they think he got through school because he's black.
    Oh, I know that. There's a reason they keep yammering about Affirmative Action in regards to both Obama (which may or may not be relevant) and his WIFE, which certainly isn't relevant.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #1302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    They care because they think he got through school because he's black.
    Oooooh. It's all about RACISM, is it???

    I doubt this charge carries as much weight as it once did. Now it says more about the accuser than anything else.

  3. #1303
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Oooooh. It's all about RACISM, is it???

    I doubt this charge carries as much weight as it once did. Now it says more about the accuser than anything else.
    It's a common right-wing talking point that Obama only got into Harvard because of Affirmative Action. Don't pretend that line of thought doesn't exist.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #1304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh, I know that. There's a reason they keep yammering about Affirmative Action in regards to both Obama (which may or may not be relevant) and his WIFE, which certainly isn't relevant.
    Do you feel his ivolvement with Affirmative Action should not be mentioned?

    And what did they say about his wife?

  5. #1305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It's a common right-wing talking point that Obama only got into Harvard because of Affirmative Action. Don't pretend that line of thought doesn't exist.
    I didn't know that was the reason he got into Harvard, but of course it's quite possible.

  6. #1306
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you feel his ivolvement with Affirmative Action should not be mentioned?
    I think that the constant (unproven) mentions of AA serve only to attempt to delegitimize him.

    I didn't say they shouldn't be mentioned; I just don't think they should be meritlessly speculated upon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And what did they say about his wife?
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...ient=firefox-a

    A Google search for "Michelle Obama + affirmative action" turns up a whole slew of right-wing sites.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #1307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It's a common right-wing talking point that Obama only got into Harvard because of Affirmative Action. Don't pretend that line of thought doesn't exist.
    There is no doubt he received preferential treatment in Harvard as a result of Affirmative Action and it is likely, according to BHO, that it help get him entry as well. The truth doesn't care much about 'wings'.

  8. #1308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I think that the constant (unproven) mentions of AA serve only to attempt to delegitimize him.

    I didn't say they shouldn't be mentioned; I just don't think they should be meritlessly speculated upon.
    This is not speculation. BHO admitted it was true. It's easy enough to do the research.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mich...ient=firefox-a
    A Google search for "Michelle Obama + affirmative action" turns up a whole slew of right-wing sites.
    What's your point? Are there some lies being spread?

  9. #1309
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,908

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This is not speculation. BHO admitted it was true. It's easy enough to do the research.
    Obama has admitted he may have gotten some help along the way; claims of this AA status have been wildly blown out of proportion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What's your point? Are there some lies being spread?
    1. Innuendo and speculation, mostly.
    2. I don't see how Mrs. Obama's academic records are even remotely germane to anything.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #1310
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,930
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's wonderful. That also doesn't mean he should be taken seriously when it comes to politics.



    If you are claiming Obama has a 0% success rate of keeping promises, you're out of your tree.



    "No accomplishments." You truly are little more than a hyperpartisan. Your "independent" lean is laughable.

    Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments by Paul Glastris, Ryan Cooper, and Siyu Hu | The Washington Monthly
    Did a little more digging on who exactly Washington Monthly is.
    Washington Monthly is a bimonthly nonprofit magazine of United States politics and government that is based in Washington, D.C.
    The magazine's founder is Charles Peters, who started the magazine in 1969 and continues to write the "Tilting at Windmills" column in each issue. Paul Glastris, former speechwriter for Bill Clinton, has been Washington Monthly's editor-in-chief since 2001. In 2008, the magazine switched from a monthly to a bimonthly publication schedule, citing high publication costs.
    Diane Straus Tucker is the magazine's current publisher.[1] Past staff editors of the magazine include Jonathan Alter, Taylor Branch, James Fallows, Joshua Green, David Ignatius, Mickey Kaus, Nicholas Lemann, Suzannah Lessard, Jon Meacham, Timothy Noah, Joe Nocera, and Steven Waldman. Markos Kounalakis is the president and publisher emeritus[2]
    The politics of Washington Monthly are left of center. Founder Charles Peters refers to himself as a New Deal Democrat and advocates the effective use of government to address social problems. His columns also frequently emphasize the importance of a vigilant "fourth estate" in keeping government honest.
    Washington Monthly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Hmm, interesting collection of leftists there, Paul Glastris, Charles Peters 'the effective use of government to address social problems.'

    The other articles that caught my eye were:


    Funny, but you know those articles remind me of the following sycophancy:
    Valerie Jarrett, perhaps Obama’s closest and longest-serving adviser, on her hero’s amazingness:

    “He knows exactly how smart he is. ... I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. ... He’s been bored to death his whole life. He’s just too talented to do what ordinary people do. He would never be satisfied with what ordinary people do.”
    George Will: How a presidency unravels (Please note, Will's article is only the source for a direct quote, none of his analysis is being used here)

    Meh. Some people. Really.

    Suffice it to say from the following examples that you aren't going to get any sort of honest opinions about Obama from the leftist press and leftist sources.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •