Page 13 of 162 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #121
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,453

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The tax penalty doesn't apply below a certain income threshold, and there are mechanisms for waiving that penalty for reasons of "hardship."

    If $695/year breaks the bank, you were never subject to it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They set you up on a payment plan, and can do garnishment. Still, it would be nothing more than a tax penalty.
    Ya see? Even the supporters of the law don't know how it really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The funniest part, is that this is all that Libbos can present as an argument to their opponents.
    Have you read how often you folks call some one in the left a loon? This really is a wild exaggeration. You don't have to be left or right to see it, or need and long winded explanation. It's really not worth even considering being as hyperbolic as it is. I wouldn't ask you to provide Bush wasn't Hitler, for example.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ya see? Even the supporters of the law don't know how it really works!
    I'm not wrong. Sorry. Perhaps it is you who don't know?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #124
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,453

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If $695/year breaks the bank, you were never subject to it in the first place.
    If it's ok to force poor people to pay a $695 tax, then those same people should also be made to pay income taxes.

    The argument from the Libbos, in favor of The Earned Income Tax Credit, is that poor people can't afford to pay a few hundred bucks every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #125
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,453

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not wrong. Sorry. Perhaps it is you who don't know?
    I didn't say you're wrong, however, Deuce says something totally different. You both support the debacle and neither of you can agree on how it works.

    There are only two options here: 1) one of you is wrong, 2) you're both wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #126
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,453

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Have you read how often you folks call some one in the left a loon? This really is a wild exaggeration. You don't have to be left or right to see it, or need and long winded explanation. It's really not worth even considering being as hyperbolic as it is. I wouldn't ask you to provide Bush wasn't Hitler, for example.
    We usually follow it up with facts; unlike the Libbos.

    To date, you people think that Sarah Palin is stupid, because she said that she can see Russia from her house. You have no other argument to prove that she doesn't deserve to hold office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I didn't say you're wrong, however, Deuce says something totally different. You both support the debacle and neither of you can agree on how it works.

    There are only two options here: 1) one of you is wrong, 2) you're both wrong.
    I'm not worried about agreement.

    And its not a debacle. Not smooth, not perfect, but not a debacle. Being hyperbolic hurts your cause.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #128
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,453

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not worried about agreement.

    And its not a debacle. Not smooth, not perfect, but not a debacle. Being hyperbolic hurts your cause.
    How many people have signed up, so far?

    Ignoring reality hurts your cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We usually follow it up with facts; unlike the Libbos.

    To date, you people think that Sarah Palin is stupid, because she said that she can see Russia from her house. You have no other argument to prove that she doesn't deserve to hold office.
    No, you really don't any more than liberals do. You have some bright folks, as do liberals, but are really no different at all.

    And I think Sarah is stupid because she proved to be stupid, not by one comment, but by demonstrating a lack of knowledge on many subjects and promoting the silly death panel nonsense. One comment did not put her in stupid town.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many people have signed up, so far?

    Ignoring reality hurts your cause.
    It's too early to ask that question. If they are wise, they haven't yet. They would do their homework on the options first. Often, both sides leap before the facts are in. I think your question is doing that now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •