Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1231
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,551

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Just educating the good doctor as well as anyone else who weren't aware that WWI and WWII have happened since slavery.
    Not to mention the Great Depression. Also a law can be reversed or replaced, deaths are not reversible. PPACA is indeed a mess and has not yet been fully implemented.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #1232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    205

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What's so "disgusting" about it? It's rhetoric.
    you clearly do not have an appreciation for the power of words ... trust me J, he expects something in return for those words ... you don't sell your soul and self-respect for nothing ... BTW, asked if he believed ACA was worse than Jim Crow, Carson said, "Yes, absolutely." Do you agree?

  3. #1233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So half a million American soldiers' deaths are irrelevant to you because they happened somewhere else. That's quite the moral position you've staked out there. I'm more than happy to let you hang your coat on that one.
    They are very relevant to me but they did not happen "IN THIS NATION". Do you see the difference?

    Accuse him of hyperbole, perhaps, but you don't make yourself look any better by being incapable of understanding his point.

  4. #1234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    205

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Not to mention the Great Depression. Also a law can be reversed or replaced, deaths are not reversible. PPACA is indeed a mess and has not yet been fully implemented.
    the internment of Japanese Americans, Jim Crow, lynchings, .... but the "good" doctor said ACA was worse than Jim Crow ... maybe he believes ACA will include lynchings by mobs ...

    BTW, when fully implemented, it may be better ... we're going to have to wait and see ...

  5. #1235
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — Dr. Ben Carson slammed President Barack Obama’s signature health care during his speech at the Value Voter’s Summit Friday.

    “Obamacare is really, I think, the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery,” Carson declared. “It is slavery in a way because it is making all of us subservient to the government.”

    Carson said the implementation of the Affordable Care Act was never about health care, only control.

    “That’s why when this administration took office it didn’t matter that the country was going off the cliff economically. All forces were directed toward getting this legislation passed,” Carson said.

    Carson also made a comparison between Obama’s health care law to former Soviet leader Vladimir Lenin.

    “Vladimir Lenin, one of the fathers of socialism and communism, said that socialized medicine is the keystone to the establishment of a socialist state,” Carson stated.
    The new health care law makes people buy health care insurance from private insurers...that's capitalism. Before the law passed, people could get free treatment from hospital ERs .... that's socialism.


  6. #1236
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They are very relevant to me but they did not happen "IN THIS NATION". Do you see the difference?

    Accuse him of hyperbole, perhaps, but you don't make yourself look any better by being incapable of understanding his point.
    Oh, I'm sure veterans on this board will appreciate the hell out of this distinction. Well done, Grant. Well done. Throwing the people who fought and died for this country under the bus is perfectly acceptable I guess so long as it's done to make a cheap political point.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 11-28-13 at 03:00 PM.

  7. #1237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The new health care law makes people buy health care insurance from private insurers...that's capitalism. Before the law passed, people could get free treatment from hospital ERs .... that's socialism.
    Well it's good to hear that Barrack Obama still supports the free enterprise system. He's certainly living large.

  8. #1238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Oh, I'm sure veterans on this board will appreciate the hell out of this distinction. Well done, Grant. Well done. Dismissing the people who fought and died for this country is perfectly acceptable so long as it's done to make a cheap political point.
    Huh? Where did I dismiss anyone and how is this thread about world wars?? You seem to be losing it.

  9. #1239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeafone View Post
    you clearly do not have an appreciation for the power of words ... trust me J, he expects something in return for those words ... you don't sell your soul and self-respect for nothing ... BTW, asked if he believed ACA was worse than Jim Crow, Carson said, "Yes, absolutely." Do you agree?
    Dr. Carson has sold his "soul and self respect"? The Left is certainly getting nervous about this guy!

    Or are they just becoming more openly racist than usual?

  10. #1240
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Dr. Carson has sold his "soul and self respect"? The Left is certainly getting nervous about this guy!

    Or are they just becoming more openly racist than usual?
    Did you catch that he used a made-up quote in that speech?

    Utter buffoon.

    Oh, and the only people to bring up race in this thread are those supporting Dr. Carson's buffoonery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •