Page 120 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1191
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think it's become his fall back tactic.
    Certainly seems that way.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #1192
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Well, in that case he was absolutely right. But you will never convince the libtards that conservatives are anything but racists despite our support of Dr Carson. I just happen to be listening to Herman Caine right now too. Must be more evidence of that racism.
    Oh for crying out loud, could you whiners stop trying to play the victim for two goddamn seconds? Are you STILL on the "all criticism of Obama is racist, according to the liberals" crap? It's not true now, it's never BEEN true, and it's become the conservative go-to line to deflect criticism of YOUR asinine positions. Knock it off, it's getting quite old.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Some very simple facts: you don't have to be a racist to see that Obama and his policies are crap. You don't have to be a racist to see your insurance premiums climbing and your deductibles going up. You do not have to be a racist to see that the same idiots who elected him TWICE are not signing up for his plan. But if that's all you've got, run with it. But you will be running alone, because you are wrong, and you know it. (YOU in this instance was not directed at you Grant, I'm speaking to Obama supporters here).
    What, exactly, is an "Obama supporter" in this discussion? I'd like to know where the goalposts are before you move them.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #1193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, could you whiners stop trying to play the victim for two goddamn seconds? Are you STILL on the "all criticism of Obama is racist, according to the liberals" crap? It's not true now, it's never BEEN true, and it's become the conservative go-to line to deflect criticism of YOUR asinine positions. Knock it off, it's getting quite old.



    What, exactly, is an "Obama supporter" in this discussion? I'd like to know where the goalposts are before you move them.
    Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.

    If you voted for him you were a supporter. If you agree with his policies you are a supporter. BTW, did you purchase your plan yet?

  4. #1194
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,895

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Well, you know, that's just like, your OPINION, man.
    Well played. I can't stay too mad at a fellow Lebowski fan.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    If you voted for him you were a supporter.
    I voted for him in 2008 because I certainly wasn't going to vote for McCain. I didn't vote for him in 2012, partly because my state was going Obama anyway and my vote really didn't matter, and partly out of protest for his kid gloves regarding Wall Street, the drone program, the continued escalation in Afghanistan, and the NSA stuff. You know, things ACTUAL LIBERALS criticize Obama for on a daily basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    If you agree with his policies you are a supporter. BTW, did you purchase your plan yet?
    Don't have to. My employer is maintaining our health coverage. In my state, premiums are generally lower on the exchanges, but they wouldn't be for me (smoker), and my state already has laws in place that require pretty high levels of coverage, so insurance premiums here in NY are already through the roof.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #1195
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Well, either a. you're calling me a liar, or b. you have no idea what I meant and are trying to save face. Even if I did vote for Obama twice ... what? What is your point? I've criticized the guy many times, on this very forum. However, I do defend him when people like you post things that are utterly absurd about him and his policies.

    I did not vote for Obama in 2012, but I sure as hell didn't vote for Romney either. I wouldn't vote for a Republican nowadays if you put a gun to my head. I think the Democrats are terrible; I think the modern Republican party (on a national level) is the worst political entity I've ever seen.
    Neither a nor b, just laughing at how rattled you get when asked a simple question on an anonymous message board. I don't really care who you voted for, but to know that you're one of those whom thinks himself superior because he votes for a no chance candidate, then just sits around and pissed, and moans tells us all we need to know.

    Happy thanksgiving K
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1196
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,600

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Dr. Ben Carson slammed President Barack Obama’s signature health care during his speech at the Value Voter’s Summit Friday.

    “Obamacare is really, I think, the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery,” Carson declared. “It is slavery in a way because it is making all of us subservient to the government.”
    Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery « CBS DC

    Yes, it is that bad...
    He spent his career at a hospital in Maryland, the only state in the country today where the government sets reimbursement rates for hospitals. That's a much more heavy-handed system than anything Obama's cooked up. How did Carson feel about working under that system for decades?

  7. #1197
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Just about the dumbest thing ever said by a politician/pundit (outright dumbest or close to it).
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #1198
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Just about the dumbest thing ever said by a politician/pundit (outright dumbest or close to it).
    You've never heard George W. speak, eh?

  9. #1199
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    He spent his career at a hospital in Maryland, the only state in the country today where the government sets reimbursement rates for hospitals. That's a much more heavy-handed system than anything Obama's cooked up. How did Carson feel about working under that system for decades?
    Calling Johns Hopkins "some hospital" is like calling Harvard, some college.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1200
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Just about the dumbest thing ever said by a politician/pundit (outright dumbest or close to it).
    Good thing he's neither.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •