Page 115 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1141
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Obama having been a practicing Constitutional lawyer for nearly two decades.
    This is what makes his transgressions 10 times worse.

  2. #1142
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    This is what makes his transgressions 10 times worse.
    I was not aware a certain type of expertise made ones alleged transgressions "worse." Is a murderer worse if he was a butcher as his vocation?

    I don't like Obama. I really don't. But so much of the things ascribed to him "trampling on the Constitution" go so much further than him. He didn't pass the NDAA by himself. He wasn't even in office when the Patriot Act was passed, which was the doorway to sending several parts of the Bill of Rights into the ****ter. Yet so many conservatives act as if we were a pure, Constitutionally sound nation until he took office.

    Obama deserves some blame -- a good deal of it -- for what's been going on in this country lately. But he's hardly the only one, and I wish for once there was an intellectually honest conservative around here who would accept the blame the GOP deserves for it without disowning Bush & Co. as just a bunch of "not real conservatives."

    (Not particularly going after you here, sKiTzo, you just got me on a rant.)
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #1143
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    If there was anything in your unhinged rant that was coherent or true, maybe it would be responded to in kind.
    I notice you didn't provide one thing from my "rant", that was untrue, or made up...Which tells me you got nothing.

    Nobody is claiming it's beyond their comprehension; however, it doesn't make them right.

    I find it funny that people will claim Obama is a know-nothing despite having advanced higher-ed degrees and having been a practicing Constitutional lawyer for nearly two decades, but what Carson says is to be held as gospel because he is an accomplished professional in a field that is almost completely divorced from that on which he is opining.

    The cognitive dissonance, it burns.
    Right or wrong is not at issue here. You disagree with his opinion, because you are an Obama supporter. But as many Obama supporters do, they go over the top to attack anyone who disagrees with, or speaks out against Obama, especially if they themselves are black. And if there is anything that highlights the problems with racism that this country goes through even today, it is that type of viscous attack that a black conservative will receive for speaking out as a conservative, and off the plantation.

    As for Obama's "Constitutional Lawyer" narrative you are attempting here, you can't point to any cases he has argued in the recent times before being elected, nor can you point to anything other than being a part time lecturer with his radical buddies like Ayres. No, he wasn't some accomplished attorney that had ever, or IMHO, could ever argue with success in front of the SCOTUS, rather a two bit community organizer that wormed his radical progressive ass into politics, and duped a country into forfeiting their freedom....And that sir, is the lie of the progressive.

    So go on and be upset, be mad, even in your progressive disdain lash out, but don't for one second think that your games of semantics, or weak assed Alenski attacks mean a damned thing, we see through you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1144
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I was not aware a certain type of expertise made ones alleged transgressions "worse." Is a murderer worse if he was a butcher as his vocation?

    I don't like Obama. I really don't. But so much of the things ascribed to him "trampling on the Constitution" go so much further than him. He didn't pass the NDAA by himself. He wasn't even in office when the Patriot Act was passed, which was the doorway to sending several parts of the Bill of Rights into the ****ter. Yet so many conservatives act as if we were a pure, Constitutionally sound nation until he took office.

    Obama deserves some blame -- a good deal of it -- for what's been going on in this country lately. But he's hardly the only one, and I wish for once there was an intellectually honest conservative around here who would accept the blame the GOP deserves for it without disowning Bush & Co. as just a bunch of "not real conservatives."

    (Not particularly going after you here, sKiTzo, you just got me on a rant.)
    Oh yeah... If only there were progressive Republicans..... Good grief....The problem with the Republican party is NOT that they aren't liberal enough...If anything it is because they have so often given in to the narrative that we must be more like progressive demo's to win...It was always a trap for Republicans....Hell, you have more than you need of Republican saboteurs within the ranks....Graham, McCain, etc...The "old guard" that thinks that by agreeing with progressive liberals, as they plunge the knife in won't kill them....It's a fools errand.

    "Now is not the time for pale pastels, Now is the time for bold colors!..." - Ronald Reagan
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1145
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, that is your characterization...It's false...Go back and re read the post again....
    I've read it many times. Not once did Cardinal mention race, yet your response was "spare us from the race card."

    Then you attack people for strawmen. Note for your edification: "strawman" argument does not mean "I disagree with it."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #1146
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I've read it many times. Not once did Cardinal mention race, yet your response was "spare us from the race card."

    Then you attack people for strawmen. Note for your edification: "strawman" argument does not mean "I disagree with it."
    Again you are only hearing, or reading what you want to be true, so that is a problem that rests with you not me.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1147
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And what doctors office turns them away? None that I know of...If you don't have insurance, you just pay the office visit fee, (probably discounted for cash) and viola! Access granted.
    J, you have to pay at doctors offices. I'm sorry, but people are not walking of the street and getting care they can't afford at doctors offices.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1148
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, you have to pay at doctors offices. I'm sorry, but people are not walking of the street and getting care they can't afford at doctors offices.
    Really? Because the "emergent care" places like say "Doctor's care" that charge you flat fees for a range of services are doing a rather good business.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1149
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Really? Because the "emergent care" places like say "Doctor's care" that charge you flat fees for a range of services are doing a rather good business.
    Which means nothing at all to what we're talking about.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1150
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which means nothing at all to what we're talking about.
    Really? Cuz, you said this


    "J, you have to pay at doctors offices. I'm sorry, but people are not walking of the street and getting care they can't afford at doctors offices."

    And I answered you...People do walk in off the street, and do get care.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •