Page 114 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1131
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So by your logic every time you say that someone's argument on this forum is lacking you're attacking their freedom of speech. Brilliant.
    You'd do better making an argument, rather than attacking me with straw men.

    Neurosurgery aside, saying a health care program is worse than the forced, violent servitude of an entire race is, to use Donsutherland's words, historically illiterate. At that point if Dr. Carson were to claim that Ronald Reagan was president during the 80's I'd be immediately suspicious and double check that claim.
    And again I say why should yours, or Donsutherland's opinion matter anymore than mine, or anyone elses? The fact that you say you'd be suspicious of Dr. Carson's claims is I think more rooted in your faithful unquestioning support of Obama policy, than it is rooted in anything of intellectual substance, largely because you can't even address anything I said in the post you started out replying to today...Until you do that, all I can say is

    Who cares?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    People like Dr. Carson, Colonel West, writer and economist Sowel, do not let me go down to racism.
    I understand that the majority of black citizens of America, simply duped social and racial demagogues. But there is hope that one day they will understand.

  3. #1133
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,915

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    People like Dr. Carson, Colonel West, writer and economist Sowel, do not let me go down to racism.
    I understand that the majority of black citizens of America, simply duped social and racial demagogues. But there is hope that one day they will understand.
    I don't even know what this means.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #1134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't even know what this means.
    Lean: Other
    Maybe because of this, you do not know?

  5. #1135
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,915

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    Maybe because of this, you do not know?
    No, I don't know what it means because it's unintelligible.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #1136
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't even know what this means.
    It seems your in the dark about a lot of things.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #1137
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,915

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    It seems your in the dark about a lot of things.
    You're*

    And I see you are falling into the "this guy disagrees with me; ergo, he must be uninformed" fallacy that so pervades the right on this forum.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #1138
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You're*

    And I see you are falling into the "this guy disagrees with me; ergo, he must be uninformed" fallacy that so pervades the right on this forum.
    Quack! Quack!....Says the duck!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1139
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,915

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I notice there isn't one thing in this response from you designed to coherently discuss what I said....And instead a really poor attempt in dismissing it without even reading it....Way to go.
    If there was anything in your unhinged rant that was coherent or true, maybe it would be responded to in kind.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #1140
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,915

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    While pediatric neurosurgery may not be combustion engine engineering, I am pretty sure that the principle of how an engine works is not beyond the comprehension of a man of that intellect. But I think that Kobie, and now you are conflating the two, political opinion, and political science.
    Nobody is claiming it's beyond their comprehension; however, it doesn't make them right.

    I find it funny that people will claim Obama is a know-nothing despite having advanced higher-ed degrees and having been a practicing Constitutional lawyer for nearly two decades, but what Carson says is to be held as gospel because he is an accomplished professional in a field that is almost completely divorced from that on which he is opining.

    The cognitive dissonance, it burns.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •