Page 113 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1121
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's okay, because there was nothing coherent in your rant whatsoever.
    So you can't respond....I accept your surrender...You'd have done better to just leave it alone Cardinal....You've got nothing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1122
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please, spare us....the O-care left has been hiding behind the use of the 'racism' charge since day one of General O's installation as POTUS. Now you have an intellectually accomplished, highly educated black man eyeing politics, and it's not from the liberal plantation, but rather from the conservative side, so, that simply won't do for most liberals...So, you can't call him 'Uncle Tom' like others, you can't pelt him with Oreo cookies at a speech like others, at least not at the moment, maybe if he keeps moving forward in the political world that will come, but now all you have is feigned outrage that he used rhetoric to describe what this law will ultimately do in his opinion to the nation, and it drives you crazy, so you attack his ability, credentials, qualifications to even speak to the subject....pathetic.
    I didn't see Cardinal play the race card, but I guess arguing against it is all you've got.

    Race aside, comparing Obamacare to slavery is pretty weak. It's almost as weak as "He's Hitler!" "He's Stalin!" and now "He's Neville Chamberlain!" What's next - Idi Amin?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #1123
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't see Cardinal play the race card, but I guess arguing against it is all you've got.

    Race aside, comparing Obamacare to slavery is pretty weak. It's almost as weak as "He's Hitler!" "He's Stalin!" and now "He's Neville Chamberlain!" What's next - Idi Amin?
    You didn't see me attack Dr. Carson's abilities as a neurosurgeon or his right to freedom of speech either, but on Planet J-mac that's no reason not to say I did anyway.

  4. #1124
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't see Cardinal play the race card, but I guess arguing against it is all you've got.

    Race aside, comparing Obamacare to slavery is pretty weak. It's almost as weak as "He's Hitler!" "He's Stalin!" and now "He's Neville Chamberlain!" What's next - Idi Amin?
    Well, I didn't say that Cardinal played the race card in this instance, only that generally speaking that is the "go to" in addressing opposition to anything O does.

    And comparing another entitlement to slavery is spot on IMHO. It is what the game book for liberal politics has done for over 50 years now. Welfare, SNAP, Community Orgs., now this....All designed to give away 'free stuff' in the hopes of locking down votes for democrats....

    "The federal website that enrolls Americans in ObamaCare also asks applicants if they want to register to vote, raising questions about why the Obama administration would further complicate an already crash-prone website."

    Crash-prone ObamaCare site also includes voter registration option | Fox News


    This is classic Cloward/Piven from the jump.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1125
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You didn't see me attack Dr. Carson's abilities as a neurosurgeon or his right to freedom of speech either, but on Planet J-mac that's no reason not to say I did anyway.
    Oh, but you did....Right here...

    A full-on neurosurgeon disqualifies himself from talking about legislation and insurance by making a comment that's less informed than a junior highschooler...
    Your opinion on whether or not his comment comparing O-care to slavery was dumb in your eyes is not the question, after all who cares what you think about it? Right?

    But you are making the point that because you think it was a dumb analogy, that "disqualifies" him from saying it all because you don't agree with it...

    And if you read my post with honesty, and clarity instead of just shutting down and trying to summarily dismiss it, you'd have seen I was speaking in the general....But I don't expect much from O-supporters these days...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1126
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I didn't say that Cardinal played the race card in this instance, only that generally speaking that is the "go to" in addressing opposition to anything O does.

    And comparing another entitlement to slavery is spot on IMHO. It is what the game book for liberal politics has done for over 50 years now. Welfare, SNAP, Community Orgs., now this....All designed to give away 'free stuff' in the hopes of locking down votes for democrats....

    "The federal website that enrolls Americans in ObamaCare also asks applicants if they want to register to vote, raising questions about why the Obama administration would further complicate an already crash-prone website."

    Crash-prone ObamaCare site also includes voter registration option | Fox News


    This is classic Cloward/Piven from the jump.
    So even if someone doesn't play the race card, you have to bring out your defense against it. That's weak.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #1127
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So even if someone doesn't play the race card, you have to bring out your defense against it. That's weak.
    Nah, you know what is 'weak'? Conflating someones post, and attacking them for posting it, instead of addressing the points made...I guess you got nothing.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1128
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nah, you know what is 'weak'? Conflating someones post, and attacking them for posting it, instead of addressing the points made...I guess you got nothing.
    Now you're just debating yourself again. You pulled the "race card" card just to do it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #1129
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Now you're just debating yourself again. You pulled the "race card" card just to do it.
    No, that is your characterization...It's false...Go back and re read the post again....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1130
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, but you did....Right here...
    So by your logic every time you say that someone's argument on this forum is lacking you're attacking their freedom of speech. Brilliant.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your opinion on whether or not his comment comparing O-care to slavery was dumb in your eyes is not the question, after all who cares what you think about it? Right? But you are making the point that because you think it was a dumb analogy, that "disqualifies" him from saying it all because you don't agree with it...
    Neurosurgery aside, saying a health care program is worse than the forced, violent servitude of an entire race is, to use Donsutherland's words, historically illiterate. At that point if Dr. Carson were to claim that Ronald Reagan was president during the 80's I'd be immediately suspicious and double check that claim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •