Page 112 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1111
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    LOL yes it does. A full-on neurosurgeon disqualifies himself from talking about legislation and insurance by making a comment that's less informed than a junior highschooler, and an astrophysicist disqualifies himself by completely bullocksing the repair of a car.

    Same thing.

    Dude, you had the point. You had it! And you just...let it slip away.
    That would be true if Dr Carson was less informed than a "junior highschooler". But he is not. Obamadon'tcare requires everyone to be under the control of the government. There is no escaping it.

    Now DeGrass, he needs to stick to something else. He can't see the forest for all the trees at least when it comes to auto repair.

    And just what are the "qualifications" that allows someone to discuss legislation?
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #1112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Where does your faith lay Jango?
    Used to be with my family but it now resides with my wife.

  3. #1113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Conspiracy theory?
    What is that even supposed to mean?

  4. #1114
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    That would be true if Dr Carson was less informed than a "junior highschooler". But he is not. Obamadon'tcare requires everyone to be under the control of the government. There is no escaping it.

    Now DeGrass, he needs to stick to something else. He can't see the forest for all the trees at least when it comes to auto repair.

    And just what are the "qualifications" that allows someone to discuss legislation?

  5. #1115
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    What is that even supposed to mean?
    Do you have faith in those?

  6. #1116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Do you have faith in those?
    If you're asking if I believe in any conspiracy theories, then the answer is yes. I'm no different than anyone else considering the prevalence of conspiracies.

  7. #1117
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    ...in response to the notion that being a surgeon automatically does.
    While pediatric neurosurgery may not be combustion engine engineering, I am pretty sure that the principle of how an engine works is not beyond the comprehension of a man of that intellect. But I think that Kobie, and now you are conflating the two, political opinion, and political science.

    The fact of whether Dr. Carson's political opinion of O-care resonates with average people scares you O-care supporters to death...For the last three years, all those of us who oppose over arching government like this have been saying is that it's too big, it won't work, and you supporters have been denying, mocking, spewing vitriol, name calling, and worse. The law was specifically written to take effect in steps, purposely to have the goodies roll out first, (for election purposes if you ask me) and the things coming out now in terms of people kicked off their plans, the four levels of plans being offered are prohibitively high, and can only be afforded if you make under a certain amount of money thereby qualifying for some "subsidy" from big brother, etc.

    Now you want to come back when a doctor, and brain surgeon who is at the end of his spectacular career with Johns Hopkins, eyes a political career, and uses hyperbole you don't like....Well, too bad....

    It's less about what qualifies him and more about what disqualifies him, and what specifically disqualifies him is his ignorant and facile statement that "Obamacare is the worst thing to happen since slavery."
    Oh please, spare us....the O-care left has been hiding behind the use of the 'racism' charge since day one of General O's installation as POTUS. Now you have an intellectually accomplished, highly educated black man eyeing politics, and it's not from the liberal plantation, but rather from the conservative side, so, that simply won't do for most liberals...So, you can't call him 'Uncle Tom' like others, you can't pelt him with Oreo cookies at a speech like others, at least not at the moment, maybe if he keeps moving forward in the political world that will come, but now all you have is feigned outrage that he used rhetoric to describe what this law will ultimately do in his opinion to the nation, and it drives you crazy, so you attack his ability, credentials, qualifications to even speak to the subject....pathetic.

    For the moment people we have a 1st amendment to our constitution, and that allows us our own opinions, and the ability, no, the right to express that opinion whether you like it or not. You know what, maybe if O-supporters didn't reach into the racist grab bag so quickly, so often, when this President, and administration so often displays incompetence, or worse to cover for it, now want's everyone to believe that and accomplished neurosurgeon, maybe one of the best in the country, is not capable, or qualified to express a political opinion because it uses rhetoric, that with the tables turned the progressive left would have no problem using? Give us all a break would ya?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1118
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    While pediatric neurosurgery may not be combustion engine engineering, I am pretty sure that the principle of how an engine works is not beyond the comprehension of a man of that intellect. But I think that Kobie, and now you are conflating the two, political opinion, and political science.

    The fact of whether Dr. Carson's political opinion of O-care resonates with average people scares you O-care supporters to death...For the last three years, all those of us who oppose over arching government like this have been saying is that it's too big, it won't work, and you supporters have been denying, mocking, spewing vitriol, name calling, and worse. The law was specifically written to take effect in steps, purposely to have the goodies roll out first, (for election purposes if you ask me) and the things coming out now in terms of people kicked off their plans, the four levels of plans being offered are prohibitively high, and can only be afforded if you make under a certain amount of money thereby qualifying for some "subsidy" from big brother, etc.

    Now you want to come back when a doctor, and brain surgeon who is at the end of his spectacular career with Johns Hopkins, eyes a political career, and uses hyperbole you don't like....Well, too bad....



    Oh please, spare us....the O-care left has been hiding behind the use of the 'racism' charge since day one of General O's installation as POTUS. Now you have an intellectually accomplished, highly educated black man eyeing politics, and it's not from the liberal plantation, but rather from the conservative side, so, that simply won't do for most liberals...So, you can't call him 'Uncle Tom' like others, you can't pelt him with Oreo cookies at a speech like others, at least not at the moment, maybe if he keeps moving forward in the political world that will come, but now all you have is feigned outrage that he used rhetoric to describe what this law will ultimately do in his opinion to the nation, and it drives you crazy, so you attack his ability, credentials, qualifications to even speak to the subject....pathetic.

    For the moment people we have a 1st amendment to our constitution, and that allows us our own opinions, and the ability, no, the right to express that opinion whether you like it or not. You know what, maybe if O-supporters didn't reach into the racist grab bag so quickly, so often, when this President, and administration so often displays incompetence, or worse to cover for it, now want's everyone to believe that and accomplished neurosurgeon, maybe one of the best in the country, is not capable, or qualified to express a political opinion because it uses rhetoric, that with the tables turned the progressive left would have no problem using? Give us all a break would ya?
    Holy rant, Batman. You forgot to throw in the Kennedy assassination, Benghazi and kids with their big baggy jeans and their loud rap music.

  9. #1119
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Holy rant, Batman. You forgot to throw in the Kennedy assassination, Benghazi and kids with their big baggy jeans and their loud rap music.
    I notice there isn't one thing in this response from you designed to coherently discuss what I said....And instead a really poor attempt in dismissing it without even reading it....Way to go.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1120
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I notice there isn't one thing in this response from you designed to coherently discuss what I said....And instead a really poor attempt in dismissing it without even reading it....Way to go.
    That's okay, because there was nothing coherent in your rant whatsoever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •