Page 108 of 162 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1071
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Don't take it from us....Listen to your hero Connyers...
    I'm curious as to how John Conyers is "my hero," considering that I've never voted for him and don't belong to his party.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #1072
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Do you feel better? Now that we have had that little critique of each other based on our opinion and nothing else, would you like to resume on the topic?
    Addressing your claim was on topic j. Just go back and respond it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1073
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Multiple times now, you've stated this while completely ignoring my powerful and hard-hitting post that demonstrates the "problem" lacked the severity needed to justify passing a bill without anybody reading it as if there was some state of emergency disaster and they quickly needed to appropriate funds. Here it is again: .....fact is, there was no such crisis, and to prove it, I asked for anyone who did not have access to free or low cost medical, to give us the city and state they live in, and we could look into it. There was one single response by someone who said the free clinic in Chicago was not to their liking. This doesn't justify a monstrously expensive bill at a time of possible financial collapse. It doesn't justify top priority status. It doesn't justify violating the constitution to pass it.
    I disagree that it wasn't large enough. Truly, where the most expensive in the world, with access issues, which is evidence that it was in fact large enough.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1074
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I'm curious as to how John Conyers is "my hero," considering that I've never voted for him and don't belong to his party.
    . I know, I'd be ashamed to own up to it too.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1075
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Addressing your claim was on topic j. Just go back and respond it.
    Neither of us personally is the topic of anything.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1076
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Neither of us personally is the topic of anything.
    I wish you would remember that. But my response wasn't about you. So, go back to it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1077
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    . I know, I'd be ashamed to own up to it too.
    In other words, no actual answer. Gotcha.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #1078
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I disagree that it wasn't large enough. Truly, where the most expensive in the world, with access issues, which is evidence that it was in fact large enough.
    "access issues" is an interesting catch phrase that progressive liberals often use, but when asked to define that in terms of what they are talking about, usually falls flat. So, maybe you can define "access" for us?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1079
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,334

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    In other words, no actual answer. Gotcha.
    There was an answer there, you just can't honestly handle it.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1080
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "access issues" is an interesting catch phrase that progressive liberals often use, but when asked to define that in terms of what they are talking about, usually falls flat. So, maybe you can define "access" for us?
    No, that's not true. I personally have posted many articles for you of the years of people not having access. Most on your side rely on the use of the ER, which is even more problematic when you think about it. But we've even had the same type of healthcare tent set ups you see in third world countries done here to help those who have gone without care. That was posted for you some years ago. Working poor go without the most. if you're rich enough or poor enough, you do ok to well. But the working poor suffer the most. I do tire of repeating the same posting of information, but I've notice memories are often oddly short term on these forums. So, if you need any of it again, just say so.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •