Page 106 of 162 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1617

Thread: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

  1. #1051
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That hasn't been done. Doctors treat and deliver as they always have. All that has been done is to have more people insured with better insurance, thus making sure more things get paid. It's actually addressing the problem. More like if I had a leak in the bathroom, costing me tons of money on my water bill, and a found a way to fix the leak.
    Says you. Although to use your particular analogy, it would be more like a leak in the bathroom, and going to take a shower, and the water doesn't work....heh, heh....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #1052
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you read your post you's know.
    Not sure if you're referencing ACA or UHC. Though I don't think I was describing either.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1053
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Says you. Although to use your particular analogy, it would be more like a leak in the bathroom, and going to take a shower, and the water doesn't work....heh, heh....
    Yeah, says me. Lord knows doctors have a lot of hoops to jump through for insurance, and having to keep track of who the payers are. But there is really nothing changing in care in delivery, . . . .just payers.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1054
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, says me. Lord knows doctors have a lot of hoops to jump through for insurance, and having to keep track of who the payers are. But there is really nothing changing in care in delivery, . . . .just payers.
    Plenty has changed in HC delivery....And will continue to change negatively.

    "While much has been said about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), lengthy debates have failed to adequately address the impact that the 2,800 pages will have on doctors, patients, and the practice of medicine. This Galen Institute white paper does just that. This paper examines in detail how the government already hinders physicians’ abilities to provide good care for their patients and how these harmful trends will only worsen under the PPACA.

    Medicare’s physician reimbursement regimen is fraught with underpayments and perverse incentives. During the health care debate, supporters of the PPACA praised Medicare’s ability to exploit its size to obtain lower fees with providers. While it is true that Medicare can bludgeon down physician fees, this is not one of the program’s greatest strengths, but actually one of its greatest weaknesses. These underpayments are ultimately shifted to patients in the form of shorter visits, less doctor face time, quick hospital discharges, and compromised care. Rather than reforming the government’s flawed reimbursement regimen, the PPACA merely expands its scope to more people."

    The New Health Law: Bad for Doctors, Awful for Patients | The Institute for HealthCare Consumerism
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1055
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Plenty has changed in HC delivery....And will continue to change negatively.

    "While much has been said about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), lengthy debates have failed to adequately address the impact that the 2,800 pages will have on doctors, patients, and the practice of medicine. This Galen Institute white paper does just that. This paper examines in detail how the government already hinders physicians’ abilities to provide good care for their patients and how these harmful trends will only worsen under the PPACA.

    Medicare’s physician reimbursement regimen is fraught with underpayments and perverse incentives. During the health care debate, supporters of the PPACA praised Medicare’s ability to exploit its size to obtain lower fees with providers. While it is true that Medicare can bludgeon down physician fees, this is not one of the program’s greatest strengths, but actually one of its greatest weaknesses. These underpayments are ultimately shifted to patients in the form of shorter visits, less doctor face time, quick hospital discharges, and compromised care. Rather than reforming the government’s flawed reimbursement regimen, the PPACA merely expands its scope to more people."

    The New Health Law: Bad for Doctors, Awful for Patients | The Institute for HealthCare Consumerism
    This is pay, not delivery. We don't treat a heart attack differently. We don't have to spend less time. No one has to change anything concerning care.

    BTW I'm going over your article, and I see a lot of pronouncements, but few to no specifics. is it possible this is just another overreaction that can't point to anything that actually is happening?

    Just a question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1056
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is pay, not delivery. We don't treat a heart attack differently. We don't have to spend less time. No one has to change anything concerning care.

    BTW I'm going over your article, and I see a lot of pronouncements, but few to no specifics. is it possible this is just another overreaction that can't point to anything that actually is happening?

    Just a question.
    No. It is from a respected HC industry watch group.. Face it Joe, you are just unwilling to talk any negative news, without attacking the messenger of that news...You chose to chastise me for presuming I knew more than the SCOTUS in the other thread, yet here you are presuming you know more than the HC individuals speaking on the negative impact of the law....I see you don't practice what you preach, so your credibility is nil.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1057
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No. It is from a respected HC industry watch group.. Face it Joe, you are just unwilling to talk any negative news, without attacking the messenger of that news...You chose to chastise me for presuming I knew more than the SCOTUS in the other thread, yet here you are presuming you know more than the HC individuals speaking on the negative impact of the law....I see you don't practice what you preach, so your credibility is nil.

    respected by who? But, they say it will happen not because it is dictated, but because doctors will want to make up pay. not sure I buy that. But the point is, they don't say that the care has been changed.

    And I am saying they did not show anything in law that has changed, and they didn't because it hasn't.

    And j, I have and can link doctors who say the opposite. I can and have linked doctors who favor UHC. If our standard is do doctors like it, I can likely match you.

    BTW, As I've told, the family is rather heavily employed in medicine.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1058
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    respected by who? But, they say it will happen not because it is dictated, but because doctors will want to make up pay. not sure I buy that. But the point is, they don't say that the care has been changed.

    And I am saying they did not show anything in law that has changed, and they didn't because it hasn't.

    And j, I have and can link doctors who say the opposite. I can and have linked doctors who favor UHC. If our standard is do doctors like it, I can likely match you.

    BTW, As I've told, the family is rather heavily employed in medicine.
    Good, ask your family whom are practicing doc's, how their ability to care for their patients will change when they have to double the amount of people they see in a day? Sometimes Utopian dreams have to give way to common sense.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1059
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Good, ask your family whom are practicing doc's, how their ability to care for their patients will change when they have to double the amount of people they see in a day? Sometimes Utopian dreams have to give way to common sense.
    I have. Not much is what I get. And don't be silly about Utopian dreams as no one has made a case for Utopia. That too is just one more cheat.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1060
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Dr. Carson: Obamacare The Worst Thing That Has Happened Since Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have. Not much is what I get.
    Then I have to say that your family is NOT representative of the industry as a whole.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •