Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93

Thread: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Though I am very skeptical of the actual existence of a christian figure known as jesus, and i am positive that even if there was this guy preaching some of this stuff that the church and authors of the bible had little to nothing to do with him and it is all just a myth like zeus or any other god of the time. I have to say that as long as people are taking those stories to heart and believing in the loving caring jesus that accepted and forgave I don't actually care if they want to believe there was actually that guy. If they want to get into an actual scientific claim of that idea they have to face the standard of scientific method and peer reviewed findings. People believing is not good enough to get it taught in science class. Also, if they wish to push that belief on me they had better damn well have something better than the bible to back themselves up. It is far more likely that it is true the bivble was written by a group of people who saw the power religion held over people and used it to start up a religion that would empower them in the world. It is much more likely that happened than the son of god actually came down and performed miracles that have no evidence to support them, and even evidence contradicting them

    The religious have to realize that they bring things like this upon themselves when they stray into the area of science. These things are not looked into because people hate christianity, but rather because they are treating the stories with scientific quests for evidence. If they want to maintain their faith with out this scrutiny they have to withdraw from scientific claims. If you want to go to your church and sing songs to god and jesus and uplift your heart and make yourself feel better about your place in the world and the universe I want you to enjoy. Even if you are fooling yourself as long as it stays personal and you are not giving all your money to a cult leader, or hurting others enjoy the heck out of it. I am even good with people coming over and inviting me to join them. Just take no thank you for an answer. Don't threaten me with hell because your argument sucked. Just go have some fun, and I will go have my fun. Keep it for yourself and not for me.

  2. #42
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    09-07-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    there are plenty of well researched debunkings of zeitgeist. FYI, it's great to be skeptical, it's another thing to claim to be skeptical and latch onto every hair-brained researcher with a theory that appeals to you
    My arcane historian from 2,000 years ago is more accurate than your arcane historian from 2,000 years ago.

    But, of course, I merely posed the question.

  3. #43
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    My arcane historian from 2,000 years ago is more accurate than your arcane historian from 2,000 years ago.

    But, of course, I merely posed the question.
    I'm not following. Zeitgeist can be addressed with well referenced academic sources

  4. #44
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    09-07-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I'm not following. Zeitgeist can be addressed with well referenced academic sources
    Nothing more academic than the unbiased reference of a contemporaneous Roman historian.

    Remind me where I can find that

  5. #45
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    Nothing more academic than the unbiased reference of a contemporaneous Roman historian.

    Remind me where I can find that
    You mean the guy who wrote this book? He's not a historian, and actual historians and bible scholars compare him to Dan Brown

  6. #46
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Still doesn't explain why the romans made a sport of feeding Christians to lions .

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If it's stupid but it sells, it's not stupid.
    That's hillarious.

    vasuderatorrent

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Once upon a time, there was this atom. No one knew where it came from, nor did they know where the space it existed in came from. No one knew that there was this magical set of "rules" that made stuff do stuff the same way over and over and over.

    Then, one day, the atom was walking down the vacuum trail and it bumped into another atom, and..............BOOM!

    And that's how the flat screen TV and the internet were created. It's also where classical music and quantum physics were derived, not to mention the invention of peanut butter and jelly.

    It was all just a big accident.

    The end.
    What the heck was that? Very funny but also very random.

    vasuderatorrent

  9. #49
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,223

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    while interesting this isne even the first to hear of this


    what is a FACT is that there were other religions with the same basic story line, wise men, birth of jesus (or like character) BEFORE and DURING Christianity.

    So with that fact the likelihood of Christianity being true/accurate is actually VERY VERY small and more than likely not true at all timeline wise/story wise.

    but that does not mean theres no god and religion is wrong etc just the "stories" are greatly inaccurate and false.

    I still have faith in my religion and its basic principles but unlike many i use my religion properly.
    My religion is for ME and thats it, its a tool used to guide me to what i perceive as a well being.
    It is NEVER used solely for pure judgment or forced on others.

    Only complete morons do that and this common mistake is responsible for more bloodshed on this planet than anything else.
    In regards to aspects of Christ's life being in many other religions, if the gospel of Christ and knowledge of His mortal life was taught in it's purity from the beginning, then that would explain so many religions having similarities to the original.

  10. #50
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Self-Professed ‘Bible Scholar’ Makes Explosive Allegation About Jesus

    Quote Originally Posted by laska View Post
    In regards to aspects of Christ's life being in many other religions, if the gospel of Christ and knowledge of His mortal life was taught in it's purity from the beginning, then that would explain so many religions having similarities to the original.
    You've got it backwards. Christianity was the last of a long line of similar stories, not the original by any stretch of the imagination. It's mythology just as the rest are.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •