Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying people

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying people

    Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe was one of dozens of investors with a Rhode Island estate planner charged with defrauding insurers by using the stolen identities of terminally ill people, according to court documents filed Wednesday by federal prosecutors in Providence.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...7d8_story.html
    Wow! just Wow! What a D-bag!
    Last edited by j-mac; 10-11-13 at 11:19 AM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Yes because this is the first time EVER that an individual has deceived his investors...
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  3. #3
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Yes because this is the first time EVER that an individual has deceived his investors...
    ...and then pretended he had the integrity to be governor...
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #4
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Yes because this is the first time EVER that an individual has deceived his investors...
    Could have something to do with the fact that he was the dem party chairman who used to call repubs scummy to the cheers of the faithful. Maybe?

  5. #5
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Yes because this is the first time EVER that an individual has deceived his investors...
    1st reply, 1st strawman argument.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow! just Wow! What a D-bag!
    You got it right on the nose there.

  7. #7
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You got it right on the nose there.
    Thanks tererun, I'd like to think I'd say the same if it were the repub running....Are you in VA? do you have to choose between this guy, and someone else? If so, sorry bout' that....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Thanks tererun, I'd like to think I'd say the same if it were the repub running....Are you in VA? do you have to choose between this guy, and someone else? If so, sorry bout' that....
    No he is not my scumbag, I am in AL. Now more eyes catch what our elected officials do. Hope he goes to jail. He will appreciate his position all the better.

  9. #9
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No he is not my scumbag, I am in AL. Now more eyes catch what our elected officials do. Hope he goes to jail. He will appreciate his position all the better.
    Indeed.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #10
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: McAuliffe among investors in Rhode Island insurance scam that preyed on dying peo

    Actually, a report by AP, claiming McAuliffe had been indicted, turned out to be not only false, not to mention libel, but a journalistic flub of epic proportions. McAullife was one of thousands of passive investors, who had no idea of what was going on. AP retracted their story an hour and 38 minutes after first publishing it, and the reporter responsible for the story is in deep doo doo.

    AP has now apologized to McAullife
    .

    Of course, there are some here who will still attack McAullife over this, which would be equivalent to Liberals who attacked Romney because KKK'ers were showing up at some of his campaign stops. Guilt by association is always wrong.
    Last edited by danarhea; 10-11-13 at 01:26 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •