Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 550

Thread: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

  1. #71
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    what if the states can't handle it by themselves?
    Why not? Why do you expect a federal bureaucrat to do what your state and local community aren't doing in your world?

  2. #72
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why not? Why do you expect a federal bureaucrat to do what your state and local community aren't doing in your world?
    sometimes there are things too big for a state to handle, or they are too powerless to act.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    /yawn, So when the Dems controlled the House, you're saying that all their bills should have been rubber stamped by the GOP Senate? Yeah right.
    Nope, but bills didn't sit in the Senate Majority Leader's desk when the Republicans Controlled the Senate but not the House. Negotiation with a liberal is giving them what they want and if you don't extreme pain and suffering will be allowed to happen.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    sometimes there are things too big for a state to handle, or they are too powerless to act.
    I don't think the issues you raised meet that standard. You and your ilk put too much faith in federal agencies that helped create the current 17 trillion dollar debt. Why?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nope, but bills didn't sit in the Senate Majority Leader's desk when the Republicans Controlled the Senate but not the House. Negotiation with a liberal is giving them what they want and if you don't extreme pain and suffering will be allowed to happen.
    Ah yes, more of the same from you. You change your positions when YOUR side is in charge and then act totally different when it isn't. More hypocrisy from you Con, not suprised.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ah yes, more of the same from you. You change your positions when YOUR side is in charge and then act totally different when it isn't. More hypocrisy from you Con, not suprised.
    And you do what typical third party people do, whine and complain about something you don't understand and are in no position to change.

  7. #77
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't think the issues you raised meet that standard. You and your ilk put too much faith in federal agencies that helped create the current 17 trillion dollar debt. Why?
    Obama certainly deserves the blame for a good chunk of that....but once again Con....you are forgetting that your hero played a huge role in that figure as well. When GWB took office the debt was just under 5 trillion....when he left office it was almost 11 trillion.....so keep it all in perspective.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you do what typical third party people do, whine and complain about something you don't understand and are in no position to change.
    Doesn't make me a hypocrite like you though. That's FACT! I don't trust lying, hypocritical people like you.

  9. #79
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Wow, so much right-wing frothing in this thread, must have really hit a nerve. You guys, the GOP, are hanging yourselves and in predictable fashion you're blaming everyone except numero uno.

    These ridiculous beliefs you guys spew over and over... you must understand only you believe this, you in the bubble. Everyone outside the bubble laughs at you and wonders what the hell is wrong with you.

  10. #80
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Obama certainly deserves the blame for a good chunk of that....but once again Con....you are forgetting that your hero played a huge role in that figure as well. When GWB took office the debt was just under 5 trillion....when he left office it was almost 11 trillion.....so keep it all in perspective.
    Deficit Picture Even Grimmer Than New CBO Projections Suggest, 8/26/03

    2013 deficits were predicted to be 650 Billion in 2003. Ten years later we find that they were 750 Billion.

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •