Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 550

Thread: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

  1. #451
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....you would have to be completely blind to "Conservatives" posting history to believe that he voted for GWB because he was the least horrible of a bad lot. I doubt there is anyone on this site (that is being honest) that doesn't recognize that are complete BS. Sorry....just calling it how it is.
    How about it, Disney, who should a conservative have voted for in 2000 and 2004? I welcome your incredible insight and brilliance that we see in all your posts.

  2. #452
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,528

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No...its more about being able to know Bull **** when you see it.
    Yes, sure, and let me guess, you (liberals) know better than anyone else. But, of course. Now, just stay quiet on this, you are not helping yourself. We are dissecting something... something awful.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You really have to question the logic behind the GOP's behavior.
    Have you read the 2013 GOP platform? Let me sum it up for you, "Obama Sucks". The GOP were behaving exactly as their voters demanded. The house republicans did their job. It isn't their fault that their electorate is full of morons. Morons merit representation too. GOP leaders represented their voters flawlessly. It wasn't about gaining anything. It was about doing what their boss told them to do. This should make us feel proud of our system of government. On the other side of the coin, we should be very ashamed of the American public. They got exactly what they asked for.

    vasuderatorrent

  4. #454
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    the economic results in 2004 were headed improving dramatically
    So how'd that work out?
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  5. #455
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    So how'd that work out?
    It didn't work out well because many like you ignored the results and focused on the media spin and liberal lies especially about Iraq. Bush lost the Congress in 2006 because of Iraq not because of the economy. I defy you to post the economic results prior to the 2006 elections to make your point?

  6. #456
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,528

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Here's a quick quiz... out of Obama, Hitler, and Stalin... Which did not do this?

    As the leader, declare that certain laws would no longer be enforced?
    ... decide that some groups would get special treatment and also not have some laws apply to them.
    ... use the power of government to persecute certain groups that he considered enemies.
    ... bypass other parts of government and grab more power to do what he wants to do, despite laws that prohibit that behavior.

    I can add more, but by now, you've probably figured out that it is a trick question!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #457
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It didn't work out well because many like you ignored the results and focused on the media spin and liberal lies especially about Iraq. Bush lost the Congress in 2006 because of Iraq not because of the economy. I defy you to post the economic results prior to the 2006 elections to make your point?
    You make a good point!

    Aside from all the bad things that happened, everything that happened was good!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #458
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You make a good point!

    Aside from all the bad things that happened, everything that happened was good!
    Same challenge to you, show me the economic results from 2003 through 2006 and tell me what was bad in those results that led to the Democrat take over in Congress? Results don't matter to the "American Idol" crowd including you

  9. #459
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Same challenge to you, show me the economic results from 2003 through 2006 and tell me what was bad in those results that led to the Democrat take over in Congress? Results don't matter to the "American Idol" crowd including you
    Challenge? I AGREED WITH YOU!

    Aside from the bad stuff, it was All Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #460
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Like most partisans, right and left you miss the point. I am not speaking for all independents, no one can speak for 100% of any group and independents are such a diverse group all one can do is get a feel about them, polls of course help. The thing that is happening is the reasons why, the wherefores, the blame, etc gets lost. Independents except a very few do not following the workings of Washington D.C. and the mundane workings of politics and government. What I am say, they can see the government is shut down, they heard of dire consequences of the debt ceiling not being raised. The know in their hearts and mind their government is not working the way it should. They may or may not know the reasons and may or may not know how party politics work. Most just vote for the a candidate and not a party. They see at the moment government is broke and want it fixed. It is quite simple.
    I love how you start off the paragraph stating that you don't speak for independents......and then continue to speak for them (well apparently "not all" just excepting "a few"!). You see, I think you missed your point.....you don't speak for them....not even in the casual self denying manner you continue doing.

    They aren't at the moment worried about the ACA, about sequester, about future debt, about what everyone on this site is so hot and bothered about. They at this moment do not care about any of this stuff, they just want government to get back to work and how that happens, what one party gives and the other party takes is irrelavent to them at this moment. Get back to work government is what they are saying, to those in washington, get off your high horse and solve this thing.
    And this self denied but continuing "I don't speak for all independents, but here is what they think" delusion continues...amazing!

    now a month, six weeks, six months, the ACA or other political issues might become important to them, some will and some won't. But that is unimportant to them today, right now, at this moment. Getting the government back up running is. Do you understand?
    Oh yes...I understand that your delusional belief that you have the pulse of independents in the US continues unabated, without seeing any of it hypocrisy or irony.

    Not only that, but the 2 points I made, that you completely glossed over your statistical misrepresentations (177%!!!) and you failed to address how the POTUS is supposedly "messing with the lives of independents"....by fighting for HI access....which I am sure a number of them want and need....but then perhaps I am in error to speak....for that minority.

    Sigh, carry on. You talk a lot....I just hoped you were going to say something.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •