Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 550

Thread: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

  1. #361
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Bull**** on it's face. It started 4 days after Obama took office, before he had any policies in place at all, and was composed almost completely out of the same people who were defending Dubya when he did all the same stuff they're bitching about, now. It was thought up, funded, created and propagated by Republican Party insiders, affiliates and financiers.



    Exactly. They talk about a lot. It's all nonsense, though. They're basically just a radical populist movement with no real aim except to hate Democrats. That's fine, I kind of hate Democrats a little, myself, but it's not the primary purpose and drive of my life, and the core of my self-identity.
    What is wrong with people like you? You have no idea what you are talking about, post no data to support anything you claim and then refute what others post that is backed up by verifiable data. You really need to take a civics class to learn about how our govt. works. Obama had his stimulus package and signed in the first week of February 2009, remember those shovel ready jobs? Guess the shovels haven't arrived yet as 22 million Americans can attest for that is the number unemployed/under employed/discouraged in AUGUST 2013

    Other Obamabots can cheer and give likes but all that shows is that are far too many Obamabots out there today.

  2. #362
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This is either a bald-faced lie or complete, abject ignorance. Obama hadn't spent a goddamned red cent before the TEA party started up.
    Obama has been in office since January 21, 2009 and prior to 2013 never had a budget deficit less than a trillion dollars so the bald face liar are the ones supporting him. Obama started spending money his first day in office, stimulus, GM/Chrysler, AIG, Afghanistan supplemental budget requests. Please explain why such loyalty to Obama or is it simply ignorance?

  3. #363
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Bull**** on it's face. It started 4 days after Obama took office, before he had any policies in place at all, and was composed almost completely out of the same people who were defending Dubya when he did all the same stuff they're bitching about, now. It was thought up, funded, created and propagated by Republican Party insiders, affiliates and financiers.



    Exactly. They talk about a lot. It's all nonsense, though. They're basically just a radical populist movement with no real aim except to hate Democrats. That's fine, I kind of hate Democrats a little, myself, but it's not the primary purpose and drive of my life, and the core of my self-identity.
    I don't hate either party, I tend to dislike both parties as they have caused all our problems, they have no solutions to them and continue to add more problems to what we already have.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #364
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, they didn't but then again I haven't had Fox on for a long time. Spending more time here trying to educate people like you but it is a lost cause. Apparently since the Democrats Agreed with the House bill the govt. is no longer shutdown. Must have missed that even on Fox News.
    You're aware that the "defund/delay obamacare" part is still something the GOP insists on, right?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #365
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Here is why Republicans are seen as bat**** crazy....



    How dare Gohmert call McCain an al Qaeda supporter. McCain left blood on the battlefield, and spent time being tortured in a POW camp. Can Gohmert say the same? Of course not. His 4 years in the Army were spent polishing a seat with his ass. Although I don't see eye to eye with McCain on a lot of issues, he is still a freakin' hero. Gohmert? A big, fat, freakin' zero. And big, fat, freakin' zeros like this knuckledragging fruitcake are who run the Republican party these days.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #366
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're aware that the "defund/delay obamacare" part is still something the GOP insists on, right?
    Yep, and rightly so since the House controls the purse strings. Doesn't change the law like Obama has with all those exemptions so it just may have to stand on its own without funding. Works for me. You see unlike those here passionate about Obamacare and anything Obama does I understand history and the Obama performance results. No Federal social program ever cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, but it did create jobs for bureaucrats.

  7. #367
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is wrong with people like you? You have no idea what you are talking about, post no data to support anything you claim and then refute what others post that is backed up by verifiable data. You really need to take a civics class to learn about how our govt. works. Obama had his stimulus package and signed in the first week of February 2009
    The first Tea Party was in late January, 4 days after the President took office. I have every idea of what I'm talking about. I'm not going to waste my time writing up a big reference paper on why the Tea Party is a load of crap, though, because everyone who would be capable of understanding it already knows the TP is full of crap, and anyone who still thinks the TP is anything but a radical populist movement are the people who are falling for the radical populist movement.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Would that be the same republican party insiders that wish it would go away? You know, the same ones that have tried to undercut it anyway they can?
    Yes. It is. They screwed up and lost control of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    People did not start hating wasteful government spending four days after Obama took office. That's gone on for years and years.
    I know dozens of TP people. I've known most of them for over 10 years. Almost every single one of the one's I've known for that long were rabid Bush Apologists for the preceding 8 years, and only noticed that debt is problematic in January of 2009. The exact same people who were making excuses for Dubya doubling the debt during an economic boom are the ones who suddenly hated debt a few days after Obama took office. Maybe you were the one TPer who was railing against George Dubya back in 2003 when he committed a trillion borrowed dollars to a pointless adventure in Iraq . . . but somehow I doubt it.

    The TP was started up to whip emotionally unstable up into a frenzy to rail and last out against the Obama Admin while the GOP claimed distance from it. It's morphed into a populist movement based on prejudice, hate, anger, fear and elitism. I know you won't, can't, see it that way. That's fine. But it's what happened.
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  8. #368
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is why Republicans are seen as bat**** crazy....

    How dare Gohmert call McCain an al Qaeda supporter. McCain left blood on the battlefield, and spent time being tortured in a POW camp. Can Gohmert say the same? Of course not. His 4 years in the Army were spent polishing a seat with his ass. Although I don't see eye to eye with McCain on a lot of issues, he is still a freakin' hero. Gohmert? A big, fat, freakin' zero. And big, fat, freakin' zeros like this knuckledragging fruitcake are who run the Republican party these days.
    Louie Gohmert is the nuttiest of the nutty of the GOP. Complete freakshow. He's also an anti-vaxxer, which is fitting.

    One of my most terrifying political moments in recent memory was seeing a photo of him, Michele Bachmann and Steve King (R-Asshole) on a diplomatic mission to Egypt.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #369
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Here is why Republicans are seen as bat**** crazy....



    How dare Gohmert call McCain an al Qaeda supporter. McCain left blood on the battlefield, and spent time being tortured in a POW camp. Can Gohmert say the same? Of course not. His 4 years in the Army were spent polishing a seat with his ass. Although I don't see eye to eye with McCain on a lot of issues, he is still a freakin' hero. Gohmert? A big, fat, freakin' zero. And big, fat, freakin' zeros like this knuckledragging fruitcake are who run the Republican party these days.
    I agree. McCain was a military hero, so too was George McGovern, John Glenn, et al. But being a military hero does not guarentee they will be a good elected official. People who served in the military, did their duty for their country also have as broad a political spectrum as the civilian world. Unless one is a mind numbed robot, one will never agree with any candidate, elected official or poltical party 100% of the time. That is except on sites like this one.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #370
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, and rightly so since the House controls the purse strings. Doesn't change the law like Obama has with all those exemptions so it just may have to stand on its own without funding. Works for me. You see unlike those here passionate about Obamacare and anything Obama does I understand history and the Obama performance results. No Federal social program ever cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, but it did create jobs for bureaucrats.
    So, next time the Democrats have the house, you're not going to complain when they demand carbon taxes, gun control, reinstatement of the VRA, etc, in "exchange for" continued payment of military pensions?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •