Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 550

Thread: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

  1. #251
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Bet this makes you proud too Conservative:

    Texas Again Has Highest Uninsured Rate in Nation | The Texas Tribune

    All those great minimum wage/no benefit jobs in Texas.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #252
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. Texas has the highest percentatge of people living on minimum wage. Check the demographics/statistics.

    Minimum Wage Workers in Texas - 2012

    Texas 4.7%, California 1.4%
    That statement is a lie, TX has the highest NUMBER of people making the Federal Minimum wage but not the highest percentage nor the most people making minimum wage, that would be your "wonderful" state

  3. #253
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The point is deficits are created by both spending increases and revenue shortfalls. What happened is spending can be predicted but Congress is very poor at creating revenue projections. Congress gives the CBO assumptions and if those assumptions aren't right the projections are going to be wrong. What most liberals today are ignoring are the facts that approximately 22 million Americans are unemployed/under employed/discouraged and thus aren't paying much in Federal Income taxes thus with the spending increases there is going to be a huge deficit. My point remains, we had the debt ceiling debate in 2011 and commitments to cut spending were made. That didn't happen so we are having the same debate right now. What assurances do we have that an increase in the debt ceiling won't lead to greater debt?
    No, that's not the point. 13% error a decade out is pretty damn good.

    The problem is that "deficits didn't matter" in 2003. We knew that we would have huge deficits in 09-20 back in 03. And instead of putting the government on a responsible trajectory, we spent like drunken sailors. Now the bills are due and all of a sudden it's too much.

    Some of us were against the decisions that got us into this mess. So It's kind of annoying to hear the people who screwed things up in the first place try to explain why I'm an idiot and they're super geniuses, despite getting everything wrong.

  4. #254
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That statement is a lie, TX has the highest NUMBER of people making the Federal Minimum wage but not the highest percentage nor the most people making minimum wage, that would be your "wonderful" state
    LOL....wrong again Con...everything from you comes with a *caveat or spin. You simply cannot deal with the facts. Texas has the worst record in the country when it comes to those struggling the most in this great country. I bet you are a proud man.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #255
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Bet this makes you proud too Conservative:

    Texas Again Has Highest Uninsured Rate in Nation | The Texas Tribune

    All those great minimum wage/no benefit jobs in Texas.
    So now it is on to the highest number of uninsured in the state. How does that affect you and your state? Do you know how many Texans CHOOSE not to be insured or how many low income Texans actually failed to sign up for Medicaid? No, you cite a headline that doesn't affect you at all nor one that tells the whole story and pass it on as fact. That is the problem with arrogant liberals.

  6. #256
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So now it is on to the highest number of uninsured in the state. How does that affect you and your state? Do you know how many Texans CHOOSE not to be insured or how many low income Texans actually failed to sign up for Medicaid? No, you cite a headline that doesn't affect you at all nor one that tells the whole story and pass it on as fact. That is the problem with arrogant liberals.
    Just helping to put your views into perspective. Must be proud of that Great state of yours. Probably thank Rick Perry every day for his economic "genius" just like you thank your other hero for leading us to economic utopia.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #257
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....wrong again Con...everything from you comes with a *caveat or spin. You simply cannot deal with the facts. Texas has the worst record in the country when it comes to those struggling the most in this great country. I bet you are a proud man.
    You made an inaccurate statement and cannot admit it. that is your problem and the problem with most liberals. this is exactly why no one can compromise with a liberal. Prove to me that TX has a higher number of people making minimum wage and the highest percentage of workers making the minimum wage or simply run like you normally do showing immaturity in refusing to apologize for your mistake.

  8. #258
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Nope. Texas has the highest percentatge of people living on minimum wage. Check the demographics/statistics.

    Minimum Wage Workers in Texas - 2012

    Texas 4.7%, California 1.4%
    That was last year, this year apparently it's Idaho -
    Living on $7.25: Idaho Has Highest Percentage of Minimum Wage Workers
    Last edited by clownboy; 10-10-13 at 02:05 PM.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Just helping to put your views into perspective. Must be proud of that Great state of yours. Probably thank Rick Perry every day for his economic "genius" just like you thank your other hero for leading us to economic utopia.
    I do, I am thankful every day that I moved to TX in 1992 and turned down the move to California. Sorry you don't understand economic growth and job creation but that is what we have come to expect from the people of LA

  10. #260
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What's a light bulb? thought liberals outlawed them
    not outlawed, they were tired of people paying 50 cents for a light bulb when they could make them pay 5 dollars. Have you noticed all the light bulbs now are made in Mexico.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •