Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 550

Thread: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

  1. #101
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Most people don't want to get sick because the food was not checked things like somonella.

    And people don't want to get sick from measles because no one knew there was a vaccine for it.
    Boo hoo...

    Do you realize the reality of these inspections?

    Listen to the news much? Most contamination is not spotted till someone gets sick. It's already too late.

  2. #102
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, didn't leave it out at all, the debt was 5.7 trillion when he took office and when he left it was 10.6 trillion that is a 4.9 trillion dollar debt. 1 trillion of that was due to 9/11 or are you one of those liberals who said they wouldn't forget but did? Obama took office with a 10.6 trillion debt that is now approaching 17 trillion. Bush added that debt in 8 years, Obama added his in 5. Your numbers and mine are very close but mine are accurate according to the Treasury Dept site I gave you but here it is again.

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

    This will give you deficit by day and you can see the debt on January 21, 2009

    Here is the yearly debt

    Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

    Since the taxpayers pay debt service on the debt it would benefit you if you copied these links and used them in the future to prevent yourself from looking foolish.
    So by your figures....GWB is responsible for about 5 trillion....Obama for about 6. And yet.....you still consider GWB to be an economic genius and cry and whine at every step about Obama? Seems to me that they are pretty equal compared to the debt that occurred during their terms. Why the disparate treatment from you Con? Surely it has more to do with than just the (R)?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #103
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Congress plays a big part but ultimately it is judged by the President's policies and ability to promote his agenda. People like Conservative want to put ALL of the blame on the President when the President is a Democrat....and all of the blame on Congress when the President is a Republican.
    Well, I'm not most people. I realize that the constitution give the house the purse strings.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Congress plays a big part but ultimately it is judged by the President's policies and ability to promote his agenda. People like Conservative want to put ALL of the blame on the President when the President is a Democrat....and all of the blame on Congress when the President is a Republican.
    Again, where did I put all the blame on the President? You make things up a lot and when challenged you never back up your statements. You are the one with the double standard, since Congress is responsible for the debt just like Obama then Congress is responsible for tanking the economy just like Bush. Now we are getting somewhere.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Boo hoo...

    Do you realize the reality of these inspections?

    Listen to the news much? Most contamination is not spotted till someone gets sick. It's already too late.
    The inspections are meant to find the source of the contamination and fix it before more people get sick

  6. #106
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Doesn't matter. People don't like the end result. Period. It takes one hell of a lot of douche baggery to end up with 5 percent approval.
    Just more of a diversion as I pointed out, nice talking points for people who are incapable of thinking. Would like to see the internals of that and an additional poll asking the same person if they are happy with their Representative.

  7. #107
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Well, I'm not most people. I realize that the constitution give the house the purse strings.
    Agreed...although I didn't say "most people" ....I said people like "Conservative". The reality is, while both are responsible ultimately it is the President who is judged by his terms.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #108
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, where did I put all the blame on the President? You make things up a lot and when challenged you never back up your statements. You are the one with the double standard, since Congress is responsible for the debt just like Obama then Congress is responsible for tanking the economy just like Bush. Now we are getting somewhere.
    LOl....except, Con....everytime you talk about Bush...its all about the "Democratic Congress" fault...when you talk about Obama...its all Obama's fault. You are too much.....really.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #109
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So by your figures....GWB is responsible for about 5 trillion....Obama for about 6. And yet.....you still consider GWB to be an economic genius and cry and whine at every step about Obama? Seems to me that they are pretty equal compared to the debt that occurred during their terms. Why the disparate treatment from you Con? Surely it has more to do with than just the (R)?
    Love it, same wild accusations and nothing to back it up. Still waiting for the quote where I claimed Bush was an economic genius. I do love your distortion of reality though forgetting that the Bush debt was created in 8 years and the Obama debt was created in 5. I am sure that is just an oversight on your part as you wouldn't want to intentionally mislead anyone, right?

  10. #110
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Republicans Lose Ground vs. Obama in the Shutdown Blame Game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Agreed...although I didn't say "most people" ....I said people like "Conservative". The reality is, while both are responsible ultimately it is the President who is judged by his terms.
    Yes, most liberals incorrectly judge only the president.

    I don't agree with your "like conservative" statement. GOP, maybe. However, how many republicans are actually conservatives?

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •