Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 178

Thread: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Many women today are desperately unhappy and depressed because they're forced into unnatural, non-feminine roles by the endlessly shrieking feminists and lesbians who ridicule them as stupid and backward if they want a husband, a home of their own, a family and children to love and care for.

    Because of this incredible pressure from these strange Liberal groups, women have less choices to find happiness today than at any time in American history.
    I agree with the shrieking feminist comment, but I don't think women have less choice.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,560
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Did you read the article that you're supposedly citing?



    1) This, and other bits of the article - suggest that being well educated and gainfully employed IMPROVE health and life expectancy, because of healthcare availability. You, citing the stay at home mom bit, are claiming that it's TOXIC. You are wrong, misinterpreting these findings, and trying to skew what is really being said with a heavy dose of tired sexism.
    2) Women have always been employed. Your opinion is based on the RARE 1950's housewife standard which came around after the end of WWII. It was a short-lived period in our history. That wasn't the norm 100 years ago, and it's not the norm today. Being a stay at home mother who doesn't work is a luxury that few people can afford.
    3) Further, the age forecast is declining WHERE these gender norms are more prevalent - the south.
    4) Just maybe men are taking better care of their selves in general and letting go of the idea that "touch men don't go to the Drs."
    5) Also, if you study the map they provide, you can see that where gender norms dominate society LESS - there is improvement. Either significant or minimal - but it's still improvement.

    - There, I debunked your sexist views. They're always full of BS that doesn't take a Master's Degree to sort out. Just some light reading.
    No, you didn't. The authors are just speculating. As they say, they don't really know what's going on. They have their opinions and I have mine, which I hold in much higher regard because they are not tainted by PC crap and fear over the reaction some feminist might have.

    So, observing the changes the women have been undergoing since the 1950s and suspecting they might be involved is sexist? Playing the sexist card with wild and indescriminate abandon and walking around with a really big chip on your shoulder all the time probably doesn't do any good for a woman's life span, either.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  3. #33
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Many women today are desperately unhappy and depressed because they're forced into unnatural, non-feminine roles by the endlessly shrieking feminists and lesbians who ridicule them as stupid and backward if they want a husband, a home of their own, a family and children to love and care for.

    Because of this incredible pressure from these strange Liberal groups, women have less choices to find happiness today than at any time in American history.


    These odd and bizarre ideas that just come out of nowhere. I swear - what - you think a handful of femme-nazi's who think this way dictate the happiness and expectations of women everywhere?

    Stay at Home Mothers take the clinically ****ed cake, actually - are more likely to be depressed, suffer from a disconnect from society, family and friends, and abuse and murder their children.

    From the way you're writing things out you're pretending that they're goddamned, gloriously happy by default because they've taken this role in life. Evidence is all to the contrary and it's not because of that lesser cluster in society who sees said women as being deplorable.

    Human nature and gender role issues in our society are by far more complicated than people realize. The short little cliche quips from the sexist men around here make it obvious that they don't have the mental capacity to understand it and all it's dynamics.

    In fact, it makes people who voice them sound like Christian Grey - forever trying to shove his women into a red box and call it 'liberating'
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I agree with the shrieking feminist comment, but I don't think women have less choice.
    You're right, I should have said "Chances" instead of choices because while there are a lot of choices for them, many that they are pressured toward lead to lifetime disaffection and unhappiness.

  5. #35
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post


    These odd and bizarre ideas that just come out of nowhere. I swear - what - you think a handful of femme-nazi's who think this way dictate the happiness and expectations of women everywhere?

    Stay at Home Mothers take the clinically ****ed cake, actually - are more likely to be depressed, suffer from a disconnect from society, family and friends, and abuse and murder their children.

    From the way you're writing things out you're pretending that they're goddamned, gloriously happy by default because they've taken this role in life. Evidence is all to the contrary and it's not because of that lesser cluster in society who sees said women as being deplorable.

    Human nature and gender role issues in our society are by far more complicated than people realize. The short little cliche quips from the sexist men around here make it obvious that they don't have the mental capacity to understand it and all it's dynamics.

    In fact, it makes people who voice them sound like Christian Grey - forever trying to shove his women into a red box and call it 'liberating'
    You need to give other women, different than yourself, a break and let them find their own way without the strident condemnation because they didn't choose your path.

    Would you believe that many women wouldn't find their happiness in being known by the name "Spiker" and writing incest stories?
    Last edited by Ray410; 10-08-13 at 01:14 PM.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    (Some) men have been emasculated, and it wears on them internally.

    (Some) women are living more masculine lives, and it wears on them unnaturally.

    Other folks don't listen to the brainwashing of a lost world, and they're living healthier, happier, and longer lives.

  7. #37
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Conservatives trying to make a big deal out of this need to take into consideration that women in the 1850s died by their 30s. The "stresses" of life today and the decline in life expectancy is but a tiny insignificant drop in a society that lives twice as long as its great grandparents. Trying to attribute that to any social policy is absolutely insane. At best, we could try and link it to a decline in diet. But then, who's fault is it people consume more corn syrup than actual food?
    The Left usually claims all the scientists, so it must be the Left that is obssessed with this.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #38
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,880

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    (Some) men have been emasculated, and it wears on them internally.

    (Some) women are living more masculine lives, and it wears on them unnaturally.

    Other folks don't listen to the brainwashing of a lost world, and they're living healthier, happier, and longer lives.
    Bravo!

  9. #39
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The Left usually claims all the scientists, so it must be the Left that is obssessed with this.
    I don't have a single clue what that has to do with my post. Are we just throwing out random catchphrases now?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #40
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    You need to give other women, different than yourself, a break and let them find their own way without the strident condemnation because they didn't choose your path.
    Is that a 'pro stay at home mom' comment or an 'anti stay at home' comment? Do you think I'm condemning working mothers, or condemning stay at home mothers? This is interesting. . .

    Which one do you think I am? Employed, or a sahm?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •