Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 178

Thread: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Still haven't actually demonstrated that you read them. So obviously you haven't read them.
    The only thing that is obvious is that you are making crap up as you go along. If I had not read the content of the links I posted which backed up my statement that women were working outside the home while still doing household work and child raising - how the hell did I know to post them? Explain that to us. How the hell did I know to use those and not others which would not contain that same content?

    Not only do you make it up as you go along but what you make up makes no sense and fails to stand up to any scrutiny.

    Just look at how you have retreated backwards in this discussion and now you are reduced to pathetic whining that even though I gave you a whole series of links to prove my point - and YOU DID NOT READ THEM as was obvious by your three minute dismissal of all of them right after I posted them - you now act like you are some psychic jesus who can read minds through the internet and decide I did not read what I had to read to post in the first place.

    Your routine is simply nonsense.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #162
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The only thing that is obvious is that you are making crap up as you go along. If I had not read the content of the links I posted which backed up my statement that women were working outside the home while still doing household work and child raising - how the hell did I know to post them? Explain that to us. How the hell did I know to use those and not others which would not contain that same content?

    You are so comical. So show me in your evidence where it says anything about household work and child rearing. I got more out of my brief skim than you did, apparently. I mean, one of them, if I recall, was an "About Us" site for the Department of Labor, for crying out loud. None of them make your initial point that single parents have a lower life expectancy, all they do is say more women are working. You could have saved the time you spent gathering those articles (albeit not reading them, obviously) because nobody is arguing that women are in the workplace more now than before.

    But that is what I said they said way back when with a brief scan. I would presume you did something very similar. YOu certainly didn't read them all the way through if you thought they said anything anbout housework.

    Or maybe they DID say something about housework.. but you'd never know, having not read them.


    Not only do you make it up as you go along but what you make up makes no sense and fails to stand up to any scrutiny.

    So I said after my perusal of your evidence that they were concerned with women in the workforce and none of them made your point that single mothers live shorter lives. That hasn't changed. They still say what I said they say, and they still don't help your argument.


    Just look at how you have retreated backwards in this discussion and now you are reduced to pathetic whining that even though I gave you a whole series of links to prove my point - and YOU DID NOT READ THEM as was obvious by your three minute dismissal of all of them right after I posted them - you now act like you are some psychic jesus who can read minds through the internet and decide I did not read what I had to read to post in the first place.

    This is projection. YOU didn't read them. It's clear you don't actually know what the links say because you still seem to think they say something about housework...


    Your routine is simply nonsense.

    You still haven't read your own evidence and insist on arguing they say something that they don't. Your routine is pathetic.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 10-11-13 at 08:31 AM.

  3. #163
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    When were women slaves? Oh, maybe you mean when men opened car doors for them and threw their raincoats over puddles for them to walk across. Not that I ever did the rain coat thing but I saw it in a movie once.
    Are you ****ing kidding me? I hope you're not because I doubt anyone can be this uninformed and naive. My paternal grandmother had 18 kids. She tended to the house and the farm animals all while making sure everyone was fed, had clean clothes and that grandpa always had a sammich. Yeah, simply ****ing glamourous, I tell ya.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    That's it, no more housework for me! Housework kills!

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me? I hope you're not because I doubt anyone can be this uninformed and naive. My paternal grandmother had 18 kids. She tended to the house and the farm animals all while making sure everyone was fed, had clean clothes and that grandpa always had a sammich. Yeah, simply ****ing glamourous, I tell ya.
    Talk to rouge, she says women in those days had it easy.

  6. #166
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Talk to rouge, she says women in those days had it easy.
    Huh???
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Huh???
    Scroll back a ways. I tried to tell her women from previous generations had it ten times harder than women today. She said their kids were dirty, their house was dirty and they didn't care.

    EDIT: post # 132

  8. #168
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,023

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Scroll back a ways. I tried to tell her women from previous generations had it ten times harder than women today. She said their kids were dirty, their house was dirty and they didn't care.

    EDIT: post # 132
    Complete misrepresentation of the argument I gave. But at least you tend to be consistent in this aspect.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #169
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Scroll back a ways. I tried to tell her women from previous generations had it ten times harder than women today. She said their kids were dirty, their house was dirty and they didn't care.

    EDIT: post # 132
    You are the one that is naive and uninformed. The fact that you are trying to pass this off to someone else shows your lack of character.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Why Are American Women Living 5 Years Less than Their Mothers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You are so comical. So show me in your evidence where it says anything about household work and child rearing.
    Aha!!!!. So if somebody in a position of authority does not tell you that a five year study of three million woman conducted in a lab by experts prove that women engage in childhood rearing tasks and household work then you do not accept that they do.

    You have just announced to all that you have passed up Alice in falling down the rabbit hole and are about to have tea with the Mad Hatter. One has to seriously wonder where exactly you live that you would even question such a reality.

    None of them make your initial point that single parents have a lower life expectancy, all they do is say more women are working.
    I previously challenged you to reproduce the quote from me where I stated what you claim in my "initial point". And you were impotent to produce such a thing. Instead you took other things I said and attempted to twist them, to pervert them, to fill in the blanks with your own nonsense, and basically craft what you wanted to be my position for me so you can argue against what you want to argue. Not only is that intellectually dishonest in the extreme - but after you have been called out on it and you failed to provide the appropriate quote you continue to engage in this fraud. This is pathetic.

    I would presume you did something very similar.
    And there is your major malfunction. You PRESUME that I am as lazy as you are. You PRESUME that I do not read the information because you do not read the information. You PRESUME that I have the same basic flaws in debate as you just admitted to.

    Don't PRESUME. It just makes you look foolish when you are called out for it and have to admit the error of your own ways as you just did.
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-11-13 at 11:48 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •