Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 240

Thread: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

  1. #151
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You can be a jew without being religiously jewish, hence, it's not just a religion. It's why you have all those rules in judaism like that in order to be a jew, your mom has to be jewish and that's not a religious thing, it's an ethnic thing.

    So say, if you are a polish catholic, if you stop being catholic, you're still polish. If you're a jew, even if you stop practicing judaism, by jewish standards, you're still jewish.
    'Jewish standards' are between Jews.

    Anyone can be a Jew.

    There is no race called 'Jews.'
    “No people can be both ignorant and free.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    'Jewish standards' are between Jews.

    Anyone can be a Jew.

    There is no race called 'Jews.'
    ... This is you approving what i said, that there is a jewish race by jewish doctrine. This is you not understanding what you wrote just a sentence ago.
    False by any measurable standard. Sure, you can say: Oh, i'm jewish, I'll learn hebrew and get my foreskin chopped and do a bar mitzwah or whatever... but that doesn't make you jewish. It's taking the form without substance.
    It's like saying: I'll put on a womans' dress and that makes me a woman. No it doesn't, it makes you a man in a womans' dress. Or a cross-dresser. Form without substance.

  3. #153
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    ... This is you approving what i said, that there is a jewish race by jewish doctrine. This is you not understanding what you wrote just a sentence ago.
    False by any measurable standard. Sure, you can say: Oh, i'm jewish, I'll learn hebrew and get my foreskin chopped and do a bar mitzwah or whatever... but that doesn't make you jewish. It's taking the form without substance.
    It's like saying: I'll put on a womans' dress and that makes me a woman. No it doesn't, it makes you a man in a womans' dress. Or a cross-dresser. Form without substance.
    This is you not understanding the difference between a race and an ethnicity.

    Jews are not a race, but a nation
    The notion that we are a race is destructive. If the Jews are a race, then Zionism is racism. If the Jews are a race, then parents who don’t want their children to intermarry are racists.

    A race, whatever that notion really means, is certainly not something that can be joined. The Jewish people can be joined. We might have plenty of arguments among us as to what constitutes a valid conversion, but conversion is certainly possible. Ever since Abraham and Sarah’s legendary outreach program in which the residents of Charan were convinced to journey with them to Israel, almost every generation of the Jewish people has welcomed non-Jews into its midst. In fact, given any contemporary Jew, it is statistically inconceivable that there shouldn’t be a single convert anyway up their family tree. Admittedly, members of the tribe of Levi claim an unbroken patrilineal chain all the way back to Abraham; but there are bound to be converts on some of the maternal branches of their family tree. There is no such thing as a racially pure Jew. We are not a race.

    more
    [url=http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the-jewish-thinker/jews-are-not-a-race-but-a-nation-1.436353[/url]

    Even the term 'semitic' does not distinctly define Jewish people.

    .. relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.

    Thus, Arabs are every bit as Semitic as are Jews.

    There is no race called Jews.
    “No people can be both ignorant and free.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

  4. #154
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    There was quite a discussion in a number of European countries about that issue and a large if not an overwhelming majority think as you do. And yes, the discussion did indeed feed on and incite racial hate against Jews and Muslims.
    To me it seemed odd to worry about snipping a piece of skin of of a body that only 30 weeks earlier any uneducated girl could have had vacuumed away at will.
    Well, the different countries in Europe have different abortion laws. But you fail to understand the difference between a fetus, which cannot live outside the womb, and a human being. There is a difference. Oh....and those "girls"? Most of them are women.

  5. #155
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it shouldn't.
    Seems you misunderstood. I was talking about the abominable practice of sucking blood from the circumcision wound, which has been proved to transmit herpes and even cause death.

    Do you still think it shouldn't stop?
    We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

    Benjamin Netanyahu, as quoted in Ma'ariv, 16 April, 2008

  6. #156
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by lyons19901 View Post

    I had a problem through my teen years in which sex was physically painful because of a complication with the piece of skin being discussed in this thread until i got circumcised funnily enough after the procedure i found out that percocete and vicodin don't work on me and it wasn't the best time to find out i think you agree lol it was probably one the the most painful experiences in my life and it wasn't the daily life for the month it took to heal i mean i went back on duty four days after the procedure it was the nocturnal emissions that would cripple me in pain, not allowing me to sleep, having no way to stop the process and at one point tearing a quarter of the stitches out(damn near passed out from that one) and that is why if i have male children I'm going to have them circumcised as a preventative measure for not having to go through what i went through
    Can you give the medical term for that condition?
    We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

    Benjamin Netanyahu, as quoted in Ma'ariv, 16 April, 2008

  7. #157
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by shanners View Post
    Seems you misunderstood. I was talking about the abominable practice of sucking blood from the circumcision wound, which has been proved to transmit herpes and even cause death.

    Do you still think it shouldn't stop?
    I think it is you who misunderstood.
    No it shouldn't.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #158
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,276

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I think it is you who misunderstood.
    No it shouldn't.
    Well then, please say why.
    We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq.

    Benjamin Netanyahu, as quoted in Ma'ariv, 16 April, 2008

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    This is you not understanding the difference between a race and an ethnicity.

    Jews are not a race, but a nation
    The notion that we are a race is destructive. If the Jews are a race, then Zionism is racism. If the Jews are a race, then parents who don’t want their children to intermarry are racists.

    A race, whatever that notion really means, is certainly not something that can be joined. The Jewish people can be joined. We might have plenty of arguments among us as to what constitutes a valid conversion, but conversion is certainly possible. Ever since Abraham and Sarah’s legendary outreach program in which the residents of Charan were convinced to journey with them to Israel, almost every generation of the Jewish people has welcomed non-Jews into its midst. In fact, given any contemporary Jew, it is statistically inconceivable that there shouldn’t be a single convert anyway up their family tree. Admittedly, members of the tribe of Levi claim an unbroken patrilineal chain all the way back to Abraham; but there are bound to be converts on some of the maternal branches of their family tree. There is no such thing as a racially pure Jew. We are not a race.

    more
    [url=http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the-jewish-thinker/jews-are-not-a-race-but-a-nation-1.436353[/url]

    Even the term 'semitic' does not distinctly define Jewish people.

    .. relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.

    Thus, Arabs are every bit as Semitic as are Jews.

    There is no race called Jews.
    You're like.. .you know... wrong. I mean so wrong.
    Semitic comes from Sem -> the son of Noah. And he was designated to repopulate the "middle of the earth" making all jews, arabs and other middle eastern people -> semites. normally this would include the indians in india and the vietnamese too. But w/e, back then people didn't know the world was that large. Ham was designated to repopulate the south -> so all africans are hamites. And Jaspeth or smth like that the north -> europeans and chinesse and siberians and all that are "jaspetians?" or however that works. Now since most arabs are muslims and don't give a hoot, they don't call themselves semites. since Europeans are traditionally christian, we don't care about the whole jaspeth thing since God loves all and doesn't massacre at random anymore, the Christian God is civilized. And the indians and the chinesse don't care either because lo and behold, they follow other religions.

    So while yes, arabs are semites by torah standards, they're not semites because they don't see themselves as such. Which is why that designation remains purely for jewish people by their own choice and by the fortunes of history.

    I see you quote haartz, don't. It's a ****ty newspaper for remtards on free dinners.

    Jews aren't a nation. If jews were a nation, that means that if you're a jew in america or in sweden or in israel, you're part of the same nation. And that's not true. Only jews in Israel are part of the nation of Israel. So Israelite is a nationality, jew is not. Jews are foremost an ethnic group -> your mother needs to be jewish for you to inherit the jewishness. Again, that's their saying, not mine. They identify jewish as such. And with reformed judaism you don't need to practice judaism to be a jew. Which is why a non-religious jew can marry a religious jew no problem. It is why a non-religious jew is still a jew. Again. it's like I said. (ethnicity)Polish (religion)catholic -> take away catholic, he's still polish.


    SO this:
    f the Jews are a race, then Zionism is racism. If the Jews are a race, then parents who don’t want their children to intermarry are racists.
    Is true. They are racists.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: Israel attacks Council of Europe move to restrict male circumcision

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Well, the different countries in Europe have different abortion laws. But you fail to understand the difference between a fetus, which cannot live outside the womb, and a human being. There is a difference. Oh....and those "girls"? Most of them are women.
    Oh really. But you exaggerate the fetus thing and the difference between living and dieing lacking support.
    For one thing, it depends on how much assistance you give the unborn after extraction from the womb. That is rather a fluid definition. Also taking that as the criterion is rather arbitrary. You like it and others might think it uneducated. It is just a point of view. Just look at the periods during which abortion is allowed and the legal rationalizations in the various countries to get a feel for how wide the arbitrariness goes.

    And as for the girls. Sure some have more and others less education, experience or social competence. But we allow the vacuum decision to be made by practically every one of them, so my phrase was perfectly to the point. On top of that the girls are on very potent drugs, putting the rationality in doubt.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •