Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 401

Thread: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits'

  1. #281
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Before, the question was:

    Now, after it has been clearly shown that federal tax dollars go to every state to pay for uninsured hospital costs, Con tries a new tact:



    Sigh....

    Of course you are are not concerned now....since it is an inconvenient fact that cannot be accepted since it counters the foundation of your objection to the PPACA. You are in denial that states/hospitals do have to depend upon federal dollars to cover the costs of the uninsured because it crumbles your "states don't need federal HC dollars".

    Of course you want to ignore it, it is essential to your argument that you do.
    I am so glad that all you have to do is worry about what TX does with its taxdollars which Texans send to D.C. and get .91 cents back. I know that eventually that light bulb is going to go off and you realize that there is a difference between the uninsured and Medicaid patients so the only thing I can assume is that you want to troll, divert, and seek attention. The best I can do with people like you is ignore them. I told you that Medicaid patients are insured and they are, the people who are uninsured in TX and don't pay their bills are paid for by the taxpayers of TX not the taxpayers of your state.

    Because of the ignorance of liberals to the reality that states fund their own uninsured expenses we need ACA as a stepping stone to that liberal utopian single payer system. I sincerely hope you and others get exactly what you deserve.

  2. #282
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then it should be handled in the state not the Federal Govt. Why should a federal bureaucrat decide where to send money when that expense is at the state level? You and others like you are working hard to get that liberal utopian dream of a large central govt with permanent liberal power collecting all the money and distributing it how the bureaucrats want. You don't see a problem with that and therein lies the real problem.
    Yeah and when Katrina hit, can you believe that the federal government was involving in cleaning it up? That's Louisiana's job, right? What lazy morons, making us clean up the hurricane they allowed to hit them. If they didn't want to be hit by it, they should have flown a helicopter over it and thrown a bomb into it and it would have disappeared.

    A federal power collecting taxes and distributing them is actually an idea that's been around for a few hundred years now. While the original guidelines were to distribute money according to population, it was always up for debate. In the early 1910s, the 16th amendment was ratified. The 16th amendment states: The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

    I think Hamilton is the guy you really hate. He was a complete Marxist with Saul Alinsky tactics, you know.
    A working class hero is something to be

  3. #283
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Yeah and when Katrina hit, can you believe that the federal government was involving in cleaning it up? That's Louisiana's job, right? What lazy morons, making us clean up the hurricane they allowed to hit them. If they didn't want to be hit by it, they should have flown a helicopter over it and thrown a bomb into it and it would have disappeared.

    A federal power collecting taxes and distributing them is actually an idea that's been around for a few hundred years now. While the original guidelines were to distribute money according to population, it was always up for debate. In the early 1910s, the 16th amendment was ratified. The 16th amendment states: The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

    I think Hamilton is the guy you really hate. He was a complete Marxist with Saul Alinsky tactics, you know.
    Apples and Oranges but then again you don't see to understand the difference. The state of TX stepped up and helped our neighbors to our East, again something you don't understand.

    What does any of this have to do with the uninsured and my statement? Seems you have no problem with the Federal Govt. collecting your money and sending it to another state for an individuals personal responsibility in that state? Is that what they are teaching you in school?

  4. #284
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    the people who are uninsured in TX and don't pay their bills are paid for by the taxpayers of TX not the taxpayers of your state.
    I know you believe this, you have convinced me over and over that you will continue to refuse to accept the fact that federal tax dollars go back to each state to pay for the uninsured in each state and this has been in place for a numbers of years, even prior to Tx being a contributor state.

    Even with your argument that TX is a contributor state, this is an admission that you, as a TX federal taxpayer, have been paying for the uninsured in other states.

    I wonder....will this turn on a light bulb.....or will you go with a full on secessionist argument?

    I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #285
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    My favorite part (sarcasm) of the ACA is the fact that in delaying the the Employer Mandate portion of the law to Jan 1, 2015, the Democrats have effectively allowed all businesses to drop insurance coverage for their employees. Don't believe they'll do it? Check what Home Depot has done to over 20,000 workers.

    Here are some effects of that little nugget of wisdom the Dems have perpetuated upon us:


    -This allows all businesses to drop their employees from their health insurance. Why? Because their mandate isn't in effect until Jan 1, 2015 while their employees mandate is Jan 1, 2014. But wait, there's an alternative!

    -If someone happens to be in a union, their union will protect them from losing their healthcare benefits. What kind of groups have over 450 members exempted? That's right, unions. Who did unions overwhelmingly support during the Presidential elections of 2008 and 2012? But wait, it gets better.

    -Congress, according to a 2010 amendment to the ACA sponsored by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), will not be exempt from the ACA. They, according to the bill, "should be treated just like those ordinary working Americans who will be dumped from their employer’s plan and forced to shop on the exchanges." However, despite this amendment being passed, the White House Office of Personnel Management ruled (dictated) that the Congress could keep their full employers share of premiums despite the fact that these payments aren't authorized under the ACA. And finally, just to add a little conspiracy theory to it.

    -Just to be clear, the above are facts. This is my opinion. If a person is working for a company that resides in a right to work state, doesn't have a union to join, and loses their healthcare that was previously provided by their employer, what is the effect of that? I will say that it will have a few possible effects:
    1) That person will undoubtedly have to purchase insurance through the ACA thereby taking more money from his pocket.
    2) That person MAY desire to join a union due to the fact that his employer screwed him over and he doesn't want it to happen again. Nevermind the fact that his employer was forced to by the Federal gov't or risk losing money and possibly closing it's doors.
    3) That person MAY decide to vote against anyone that wants to take away the ACA despite the fact that the ACA is the reason all of this happened to begin with.
    4) That person MAY decide to move to a state that requires union protection for him. Now that he's in a union he's contributing money, regardless of his political beliefs, to what will undoubtedly be a Democrat.

    You think this sounds far fetched? I don't. Pres Obama essentially has guaranteed that his law will stay in effect, people will buy it, the people that support him and other Democrats will be exempt from it, and it will punish people who are not a member of a union. It's not even my job to think of this crap and I just made logical deductions of how this could eventually prove to benefit unions ie Democrats and punish/flip conservatives ie people who support right to work states/free market healthcare/etc. The most disturbing of all of this is the fact that the White House Office of Personnel Management essentially usurped the Congress by "ruling" that a full share of premiums are paid towards Congressmen's healthcare. How is this not making news? Hmmmm.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #286
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I know you believe this, you have convinced me over and over that you will continue to refuse to accept the fact that federal tax dollars go back to each state to pay for the uninsured in each state and this has been in place for a numbers of years, even prior to Tx being a contributor state.

    Even with your argument that TX is a contributor state, this is an admission that you, as a TX federal taxpayer, have been paying for the uninsured in other states.

    I wonder....will this turn on a light bulb.....or will you go with a full on secessionist argument?

    I can't wait.
    Yes, and I know that you believe that a single payer system is the way to go and that eventually we will have that liberal utopia that you have dreamed about. The question is what happens if you are wrong?

    I have no idea what drives people like you to promote a failed ideology and to want to transform this country from the greatest in the world to another has been European socialist economy. Being much older and wiser than you, I see the errors of your ways and eventually you will come to that reality to, hopefully not too late.

  7. #287
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Yeah and when Katrina hit, can you believe that the federal government was involving in cleaning it up? That's Louisiana's job, right? What lazy morons, making us clean up the hurricane they allowed to hit them. If they didn't want to be hit by it, they should have flown a helicopter over it and thrown a bomb into it and it would have disappeared.

    A federal power collecting taxes and distributing them is actually an idea that's been around for a few hundred years now. While the original guidelines were to distribute money according to population, it was always up for debate. In the early 1910s, the 16th amendment was ratified. The 16th amendment states: The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

    I think Hamilton is the guy you really hate. He was a complete Marxist with Saul Alinsky tactics, you know.
    Silly example, Katrina hit multiple states and areas in three states were declared FEDERAL disaster areas.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, and I know that you believe that a single payer system is the way to go and that eventually we will have that liberal utopia that you have dreamed about. The question is what happens if you are wrong?

    I have no idea what drives people like you to promote a failed ideology and to want to transform this country from the greatest in the world to another has been European socialist economy. Being much older and wiser than you, I see the errors of your ways and eventually you will come to that reality to, hopefully not too late.
    LOL....you can't address the point that YOUR tax dollars pay for the uninsured in other states....so instead you divert with the straw "utopias". We know that SP lowers costs and increases coverage with better outcomes.....so you face another dead-end in spite of your rhetoric.

    What will be the next diversion?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #289
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,783

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you don't know the answer to that question then you are part of the problem and never will be able to implement a solution. Sending a dollar to D.C. and getting .91 back is typical liberal logic. Seems we are getting closer and closer to that liberal utopia where we have one massive central govt. that collects all the money and then distributes it as they see fit. What a wonderful world that would be, right?
    No, the world I live in is one where things aren't equal. Unlike your utopia where apparently every state has the same needs, wants, demographics, income, etc. Like, Alaska is a state with basically nobody living there to pay for stuff. But it also holds some national interests like a crapload of oil and some military strategic positioning. (because Russia is totally coming to get us still, right?) So yes, they're going to get some more federal dollars than other states might. North Dakota would be the third largest nuclear superpower if it were a separate country. Those cost a bit. And nobody lives there. (although their tax situation has certainly changed recently with the oil boom)

    For a while, Louisiana was a big collector of federal dollars. Turns out having a major city get torn to pieces by a massive hurricane means your state ends up needing a little help. And I'm supposed to bitch and moan because it's not fair to me?

    No, friend, you are the one living in this weird universe where you think life should be fair. Not me.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #290
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,783

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The question is what happens if you are wrong?
    What if we're right?
    What if the greatest country in the world can do universal healthcare better and cheaper than everybody else?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •