Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 401

Thread: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits'

  1. #271
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I am not surprised that you have decided to continue to focus on the Medicaid information......while you ignore the portion of the facts that focus directly on countering your claim. Your claim was that federal tax dollars do not fund the uninsured costs in Tx. The fact is, as shown in the Chron article, that Federal tax dollars go to Tx to pay for both shortfalls in uninsured coverage and shortfalls in Medicaid coverage. The point still is that we all pay for the uninsured, not just directly but also indirectly.
    The point remains, Medicaid is an insurance program and people sign up for and covers the cost of medical treatment. That isn't the issue on the uninsured and you ought to know that. Fact, the Federal govt. sends money to the states for Medicaid insurance and that money is managed by the state govt. As was pointed out but you ignored, no laws were violated in what TX has done and in fact hospitals that take care of the poor continues to be supported by the General fund of the State of TX.

    You are so busy blaming TX and everyone else for Obama and liberalism failures that you simply look and sound foolish. This country has a serious problem and it starts with people like you.

  2. #272
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    False, as you have been shown over and over.
    Wrong, people on Medicaid are insured, people that are uninsured are funded by the taxpayers of the state. Prove me wrong. I wonder what it is about liberalism that creates totally dedicated people like you to programs of failure.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    and they occur in every state. So yes, we are all paying for it.
    Then it should be handled in the state not the Federal Govt. Why should a federal bureaucrat decide where to send money when that expense is at the state level? You and others like you are working hard to get that liberal utopian dream of a large central govt with permanent liberal power collecting all the money and distributing it how the bureaucrats want. You don't see a problem with that and therein lies the real problem.

  4. #274
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, people on Medicaid are insured, people that are uninsured are funded by the taxpayers of the state.
    Yeah the uninsured get *druh roll please* medicaid!

  5. #275
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The point remains, Medicaid is an insurance program and people sign up for and covers the cost of medical treatment. That isn't the issue on the uninsured and you ought to know that. Fact, the Federal govt. sends money to the states for Medicaid insurance and that money is managed by the state govt. As was pointed out but you ignored, no laws were violated in what TX has done and in fact hospitals that take care of the poor continues to be supported by the General fund of the State of TX.

    You are so busy blaming TX and everyone else for Obama and liberalism failures that you simply look and sound foolish. This country has a serious problem and it starts with people like you.
    Again and again you continue this moronic argument that ignores the point. The point is not about Medicaid, the point is not about Texas, the point is not about the diversion of federal funds......THE POINT IS THAT ALL STATES RECEIVE FEDERAL DOLLARS TO COVER UNINSURED MEDICAL COSTS.

    You are so busy trying to find any and all tangents to bury the main point of the counter-argument because it directly counters your false claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yeah the uninsured get *druh roll please* medicaid!
    People on Medicaid ARE insured, just another subject you know very little about nor do you understand. More trolling?

  7. #277
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again and again you continue this moronic argument that ignores the point. The point is not about Medicaid, the point is not about Texas, the point is not about the diversion of federal funds......THE POINT IS THAT ALL STATES RECEIVE FEDERAL DOLLARS TO COVER UNINSURED MEDICAL COSTS.

    You are so busy trying to find any and all tangents to bury the main point of the counter-argument because it directly counters your false claim.
    The point is which of course you ignore is what the general fund in TX actually funds. Further you don't understand one basic statement BY THE FEDERAL Govt. NO LAWS WERE BROKEN

    It really is sad that we have people like you more concerned about what the state of TX is doing than where your tax dollars are being spent. The state of TX sends $1 to the Federal govt. and gets .91 back, Pardon me if I am not concerned that part of that is Medicaid funding that is directed to the general fund which reimburses lower income hospitals for the uninsured and Medicaid patients. Where do you want that money to go? Can you prove that the Medicaid patients in TX are being short changed?

  8. #278
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    People on Medicaid ARE insured, just another subject you know very little about nor do you understand. More trolling?
    So now you are for government insurance? What is the specious point you are trying to make?

  9. #279
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,588

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    This disaster of a law, Obamadon'tcare, is costing people their livelihoods and is preventing others from obtaining a decent life because it is a job killer. Plus, Obamadon'tcare is an unmanageable debt because the taxpayers will pay for medicaid or subsidies and still get stuck with the tab for anyone not covered. The biggest difference to the taxpayer will be the huge increase he or she is responsible for. It's a lose, lose for the taxpayer and that's before individual liberty is even considered.
    We'll see, won't we? You say you "get it," but what you get is what you've heard, and what you heard is propaganda. Everything I've heard for and against this thing is propaganda. But I read as much of the bill as I can understand, and this is the thing for me: I think the bill looks great. I think it's filled with fantastic provisions. It increases competition, gives subsidies, requires people to obtain coverage (many don't like this but it can't work any other way without a federal public option), it prevents insurance companies from denying people based on pre-existing conditions, has the minimum standards for insurance policies which protects consumers, reforms medicare to some extent, and gives states say in what they want to offer. I don't think it's a job killer at all. I think most large companies won't change their policies at all. The company I work for didn't. Small businesses (with under 50 employees) are completely exempt.

    Maybe you know all this stuff. But most people just hear how terrible the bill is and have no idea what's in it. I read it and I like it. Maybe you don't. We'll find out how it works out, but remember this: we're comparing what will kick in soon to what we had throughout the first decade of this country. Health insurance premiums were skyrocketing and people were being denied care. It was horrible. And Republicans had spent the last 20 years blocking any potential health care reform. This isn't a commercial for bleach where you're comparing one white shirt to a whiter shirt. You're comparing this white shirt to the shirt with red wine on it.
    A working class hero is something to be

  10. #280
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Before, the question was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you pay for the uninsured in TX?
    Now, after it has been clearly shown that federal tax dollars go to every state to pay for uninsured hospital costs, Con tries a new tact:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Pardon me if I am not concerned that part of that is Medicaid funding that is directed to the general fund which reimburses lower income hospitals for the uninsured and Medicaid patients.
    Sigh....

    Of course you are are not concerned now....since it is an inconvenient fact that cannot be accepted since it counters the foundation of your objection to the PPACA. You are in denial that states/hospitals do have to depend upon federal dollars to cover the costs of the uninsured because it crumbles your "states don't need federal HC dollars".

    Of course you want to ignore it, it is essential to your argument that you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •