Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 401

Thread: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits'

  1. #241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Texas is diverting millions of dollars of federal money intended to reimburse three state-owned hospitals for uninsured care...... That money, which is rerouted into a general fund, otherwise would offset expenses that the University of Texas Medical Branch, M.D. Anderson and UT Tyler incur providing care for the uninsured.."



    That's funny bagger, I just showed you as NOT knowing what YOU are talking about.
    I am still waiting for you to read the rest of the story and get back to us. This is money allocated to the state of TX from the Medicaid mandate. Why do you care what the state does with allocated dollars to TX? How is this hurting you, your state or any other state? are you getting less TX tax dollars because of your perception?

  2. #242
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am still waiting for you to read the rest of the story and get back to us. This is money allocated to the state of TX from the Medicaid mandate. Why do you care what the state does with allocated dollars to TX? How is this hurting you, your state or any other state? are you getting less TX tax dollars because of your perception?
    Uh, your point was that US tax dollars are not spent in Texas to pay for the uninsured in Texas.

    I showed you are incorrect, you cannot accept the fact you are wrong and are now in the process of trying to divert from and bury your mess.

    The point is....you are wrong.

    Accept it and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, your point was that US tax dollars are not spent in Texas to pay for the uninsured in Texas.

    I showed you are incorrect, you cannot accept the fact you are wrong and are now in the process of trying to divert from and bury your mess.

    The point is....you are wrong.

    Accept it and move on.
    Your opinion noted and I posted the part of the article that you ignored, no laws violated and the fact remains that the general fund of TX funds hospital shortfalls so the diversion of funds is doing exactly what it was supposed to do. States are responsible for their own healthcare costs. Apparently when you talk about federal dollars you ignore where those federal dollars come from including tax dollars from the state of TX.

    Looks to me like some people need to grow up and stop acting like spoiled children who have to win and get what they want. Looks like candidates for the Obama Administration

  4. #244
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted and I posted the part of the article that you ignored, no laws violated and the fact remains that the general fund of TX funds hospital shortfalls so the diversion of funds is doing exactly what it was supposed to do. States are responsible for their own healthcare costs. Apparently when you talk about federal dollars you ignore where those federal dollars come from including tax dollars from the state of TX.

    Looks to me like some people need to grow up and stop acting like spoiled children who have to win and get what they want. Looks like candidates for the Obama Administration
    Wait....let me get this....you claim FEDERAL tax dollars do not go to Texas to pay for uninsured care, I post documentation that TX does get FEDERAL tax dollars to pay for the uninsured.....and your defense is....that I don't understand where FEDERAL tax dollars come from?

    Good grief Con, you have been dancing all day long and your reasoning has become completely delusionary from exhaustion. Give it a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #245
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    This part of your post has always confused me. Around here an annual checkup costs as little as $80 and as much as $250. There are even annual free health fairs which do a fairly comprehensive examination including BP, heart rate and blood work. My confusion is how someone cannot afford to set aside $8-$20/month to cover the annual expense and yet will be able to afford $?(presumably much more) per month in premiums. Sure if there is some medical issue discovered in these checkups the individual has NEW cost issues but the 'preventative care' point is mute at that point isn't it?
    There are people with mental health issues, there are people who require therapy, there are people who require medication they cannot afford. There are people who need regular checkups with a doctor because they have a much higher risk of becoming diabetic because of lifestyle choices. You think that getting a physical once in a while means preventative care? How about the people who have bronchitis and don't treat it because they can't afford to go to a doctor and pay for the medication?

    How about people who are alcoholics and can't afford to go to treatment? How about people who have chronic pain because of their jobs? Is a physical going to help any of those people? All I'd like you to do is think. That's all I'm asking.
    A working class hero is something to be

  6. #246
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, all those darned 'lazy' 27 year old's that don't really use health care services outside the occasional visit to a Doctor's Care clinic for a cold, now have to be forced to buy a private product to cover things that they will never use, all in the name of redistribution of their premium money paid.
    Side story: at my old place of work, there was a girl waiting to get onto their health care plan, and she couldn't go to a doctor for her bronchitis until her plan kicked it. She coughed up blood for 2 weeks.

    I was a not-so-lazy 27 year old who had health care and didn't use it. I was extremely healthy. Hell, I ran 10 miles a day and walked everywhere I went. It turned out that for years I had a cyst I didn't know about. It ruptured and caused permanent nerve damage (it's a longer story but I gave you the nutshell). If I hadn't had health insurance, I would owe a hundred thousand dollars in medical bills. I would be paying it off the rest of my life. It would impact every part of my life and I would be a less productive member of society. I'd probably have to declare bankruptcy, ruin my credit, and enjoy my future of desperately trying to buy a house that I couldn't get a loan for. Or I could work two jobs to pay off my bills, thus never having the time to find a good job where I could make a lot of money and be one of those people who rants about the liberals spending their hard earned dollars. What would likely happen is that I'd either be unable to pay the money back or I'd need government assistance to survive. Who pays for that?

    I guess it's all about experiences. Maybe your experiences are that it's good for people to go bankrupt because of medical problems. I don't know what planet that happens on, but let me know the name of it and I'll visit sometime.
    Last edited by Mustachio; 10-08-13 at 02:20 AM.
    A working class hero is something to be

  7. #247
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,585

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    you are already anxious to run up a bill
    did you not understand my post? for the premiums to stay where they are at now million will need to sign up for Obama care and not use it. if all that signs up are like you looking forward to running up a bill Obama care will collapse
    Maybe you aren't aware of this, but THAT'S HOW INSURANCE WORKS. The vast majority of people who have insurance don't use it, which allows the companies to make money while still covering part of patient's bills. Maybe you don't know this, but most people don't like going to the doctor. I go for my severe ulcer and debilitating auto-immune disease, but I think we can all agree that isn't wasteful.
    A working class hero is something to be

  8. #248
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,116
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Maryland Says It Has 326 Enrollees in Health Exchange - Washington Wire - WSJ


    170,000 unique visits, 13,000 enrollees, 326 sign ups. 2.5% of enrollees signed up, .2% of unique visitors signed up.
    Do you have any idea how health insurance enrollment works for most people? This is a question of actual curiosity.

    Before you answer you should know I sell health insurance. These numbers are neither surprising nor alarming.

  9. #249
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    actually, you do, and i'd be curious to hear who told you otherwise.....
    Actually, no you don't. You can drive a car on private property all that you want on private property without a DL or insurance and there is nothing cops or courts can do about it. And there are still places in which you do not have to have a building permit to build a building on. Same goes with the rest of what he said.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #250
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    juvenile is not being able to repeal it with votes so you do not allow a vote on everything else. That is juvenile my republican friend. If the votes for the continuing resolution were for a shutdown then I would be cool with it, but since they are not then it makes no sense as an adult rational person to do this.
    Juvenile is coming to a thread and pretending to be adult, and post this drivel.^^^^^
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •