Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 401

Thread: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits'

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Freedom is a right guaranteed by our Constitution but with that Freedom COMES Responsibility.
    No freedom is not a right. It requires you to take responsibility for your actions and to understand how you effect the world and to do so in a mindful and constructive way. That is the good part of freedom. You just want to piss all over everything you do not like, and that is fascism. freedom means saying I am going to work with my neighbors and make my community better, or I am going to go over here and do my thing in peace. Anything else is you trying to impose your opinions on others and sometimes that has to happen. Sometimes we say killing people is wrong so we will punish those who do it. Sometimes we say stealing is wrong so we will punish those who do that. But we can come together and say we can work together to advance things like education, infrastructure, medicine, food, shelter, clothing, and provide those things for everyone. That does not mean you get the best, but we can provide you with the minimals and I am sure when you see other people having fun you will wish to join in and contribute to society. That is freedom.

  2. #142
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No freedom is not a right.
    Nonsense. Try reading the Constitution. The Bill of Rights will be especially enlightening.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #143
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    It is called freedom and it is not a right, it is a responsibility.
    I am not sure how your response responds to or remarks to my quote.

    I remarked on how our system is messed up because our elected leaders are not working with each other. They have divided into us and them.

    Are you trying to say that their division is freedom? I am utterly confused on how your response is any logical response to what I said.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #144
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,734

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Nonsense. Try reading the Constitution. The Bill of Rights will be especially enlightening.
    They threw those documents out long ago.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No freedom is not a right.
    Life, liberty and property are the most fundamental of rights.

    freedom means saying I am going to work with my neighbors and make my community better,
    No it does not mean that. Freedom means the choice to work with your neighbors as well as the choice not to. Funding government inherently infringes on liberty, so it should be kept to the most basic and necessary functions. Making sure everyone's needs are met is not basic and necessary, because adults can do that for themselves. They are not children of their government.

    Sometimes we say killing people is wrong so we will punish those who do it. Sometimes we say stealing is wrong so we will punish those who do that.
    Yes, our government can deprive people of liberty, property and even life... via due process and on a case by case basis. That is a basic and necessary function of government. Regulating commerce, promoting good faith and fair dealing, enforcing valid contracting, etc. Adults are entitled to legal protection against abuse by others (i.e., criminal and civil courts protect people from depriving one another of aforementioned rights).

    But we can come together and say we can work together to advance things like education, infrastructure, medicine, food, shelter, clothing, and provide those things for everyone.
    You got carried away there. Rein it in. We should not come together and provide for basic needs, because adults are their own guardians, their responsibility is to meet their own needs and the needs of their dependents (if any).

    You're trying to spin it to say that with freedom/self-guardianship comes a responsibility to agree with your neighbors that we should meet everyone's needs governmentally. That's absurd. The responsibility inherent to freedom and self-guardianship is to make prudent choices that will meet your own needs for yourself. Did you not grasp that when you moved out of your parents' house?

    That does not mean you get the best, but we can provide you with the minimals and I am sure when you see other people having fun you will wish to join in and contribute to society. That is freedom.
    No, that is bull****. Your description of freedom is straight-up doublespeak. You couldn't be more wrong.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 10-07-13 at 03:54 PM.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    juvenile is not being able to repeal it with votes so you do not allow a vote on everything else. That is juvenile my republican friend. If the votes for the continuing resolution were for a shutdown then I would be cool with it, but since they are not then it makes no sense as an adult rational person to do this.
    Juvenile is passing something this huge without the required 60 votes in the Senate.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I am not sure how your response responds to or remarks to my quote.

    I remarked on how our system is messed up because our elected leaders are not working with each other. They have divided into us and them.

    Are you trying to say that their division is freedom? I am utterly confused on how your response is any logical response to what I said.
    If you do not understand then you will need help in freedom. Freedom doesn't tell you how to behave. Freedom doesn't tell you what church to go to, what morals to follow, or anything like that. When you understand that your actions have consequences it is then you decide how you will contribute to society. I don't go out and not kill people because the laws says I should not. I do not need a law to tell me it is wrong to steal from people. I know those things now, and others do not so they need laws and rules and less freedom to hurt others.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Juvenile is passing something this huge without the required 60 votes in the Senate.
    Moving the goal posts.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yes, they are not satisfied. I will agree to that. However you miss why they are not satisfied. They are not satisfied because Obama has given in so much to the right. So they are not going to be satisfied by going more right. They are pissed at Obama for not screwing the republicans sooner. Your talking heads are delusional and lying to you and themselves just like they did during the last election when they could not believe romney lost. They are believing their own BS and no matter how much you believe and clap your hands reality is not changing to correspond to their views. I am telling you the hammer is above your head and you are not listening. That is all I can do. You want to get hit because you do not want to live in a world where people aside from the radical christian right exist in peace and harmony. You hate them because they do not agree with your theology and you want to take away the world because you are spoiled. You know what you are wrong. All you will do is smash the system of entitlement and riches that the big money illusion makers have constructed. You are destroying your own construct that gave you power because you are too selfish. I am not going to do a thing, but you are going to bring your castle down on your head. When it is done people like me will show others how to put it back together in a reasonable fashion and keep false faiths like yours out. I am not talking about christianity here. i am talking about the right wing fundamental theology that says that white is right and everyone else can suck it. jesus did not believe what you believe.
    What world do you live in? What did Obama give into the right on? You are entitled to your own opinion but you certainly aren't entitled to your own facts. This is the most devisive President I have ever seen. Did you see what he did to McCain in the Healthcare meeting? How about Paul Ryan in talking about the budget? This "Street Thug" President is a Community agitator not a leader and is destroying the economy of this country.

    You have no idea what Jesus believed because I assure you it was compassionate spending that generated positive results not just spending in the name of compassion to make people like you feel good.

  10. #150
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No freedom is not a right. It requires you to take responsibility for your actions and to understand how you effect the world and to do so in a mindful and constructive way. That is the good part of freedom. You just want to piss all over everything you do not like, and that is fascism. freedom means saying I am going to work with my neighbors and make my community better, or I am going to go over here and do my thing in peace. Anything else is you trying to impose your opinions on others and sometimes that has to happen. Sometimes we say killing people is wrong so we will punish those who do it. Sometimes we say stealing is wrong so we will punish those who do that. But we can come together and say we can work together to advance things like education, infrastructure, medicine, food, shelter, clothing, and provide those things for everyone. That does not mean you get the best, but we can provide you with the minimals and I am sure when you see other people having fun you will wish to join in and contribute to society. That is freedom.
    I have to disagree. Freedom might not be a right in many countries around the globe, but it is the one important thing our Constitution and Bill of Rights grants us here in America. That's one reason why I'm thankful I don't live in North Korea, for instance. When even China is getting on board by increasing freedoms for their people, including encouraging them to personally buy precious metals such as gold coins, that says a lot!

    Greetings, telerun.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •