Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 120

Thread: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

  1. #71
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    This pleases me to no end.

    If the Republican leadership is going to use House rules to try to prevent an up-or-down vote that would end this mess, I think it's just fine for someone else to use House rules to force a vote.

    This is no more a trick or a tactic or dirty politics than the leadership using their position to prevent a vote.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Any Republican signing onto this should be thrown out of the party just before their constituents draw and quarter them.

  3. #73
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Any Republican signing onto this should be thrown out of the party just before their constituents draw and quarter them.
    Because party membership means marching in lock-step, and angering your voters is a capital offense?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #74
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,242

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Very interesting!

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Because party membership means marching in lock-step, and angering your voters is a capital offense?
    Yes, marching in lock-step IS a requirement of any Conservative organization. IF the Republicans want to regain Conservative voters they need to start weeding out the Moderates and RINOs.

    When your voters sent you there to do something specific and you ignore it, then YES it is a Capitol Offense.

  6. #76
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,002

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes, marching in lock-step IS a requirement of any Conservative organization. IF the Republicans want to regain Conservative voters they need to start weeding out the Moderates and RINOs.

    When your voters sent you there to do something specific and you ignore it, then YES it is a Capitol Offense.
    lol...

    You already have all the conservatives pretty much so therefore you need independents. And your grand idea is to cut independents out of the equation?

    THAT's how you intend the GOP to grow their party?

    btw... that is sig worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #77
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,242

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Any Republican signing onto this should be thrown out of the party just before their constituents draw and isquarter them.
    Which Republican?

    TP Republicans seem to despise "regular" Republicans.

    "Regular" Republicans seem to lack some respect for TP Republicans, but just go along with them for fear of being "primaried" or blackmailed or extorted in some fashion.

    So what you have left is a group of Republicans willing to defy the TP. Ummm, should they not have a voice?

    The Tea Party is quickly becoming the reason that Republicans will lose not only more seats but the ability to be elected POTUS.




    TP = Tea Party, not toilet paper.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    lol...

    You already have all the conservatives pretty much so therefore you need independents. And your grand idea is to cut independents out of the equation?

    THAT's how you intend the GOP to grow their party?.
    No. That's how I intend the GOP to return to being a meaningful organization. It's not about growing the party. It's about purifying it.

  9. #79
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,002

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    No. That's how I intend the GOP to return to being a meaningful organization. It's not about growing the party. It's about purifying it.
    Purifying it = shrinking it
    shrinking it = reducing political influence
    reducing political influence = wtf do you want to be in politics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dems move to force Republicans to reopen the government

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes, marching in lock-step IS a requirement of any Conservative organization. IF the Republicans want to regain Conservative voters they need to start weeding out the Moderates and RINOs.

    When your voters sent you there to do something specific and you ignore it, then YES it is a Capitol Offense.
    Sieg Heil comes to mind.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •