Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 304

Thread: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

  1. #191
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Yes I am. Do you believe that procreation is central to the states sanction of marriage? If not my post stands.
    no it doesnt

    incest pregnancy endangers the child
    if you want to argue siblings should be allowed to marry if they are not going to procreate, that be fine by me but it has nothing to do with gay marriage, it also has nothing to do with discrimination since nobody can marry there siblings give or take the distance of the relationship

    the discussion was about discrimination and trying to relates incest to the not granting gays equal rights. that analogy totally fails and you post didnt change that

    incest and allowing gays to marry are nothing alike.
    d=fighting for or against them are not the same fight/arguments and never will be
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #192
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I morally object to this as it leaves marriage, as an institution and for the reason that state sanctions marriage, meaningless.
    I don't care what your "moral" objection is. Plenty of people I have known in my life "morally object" to interracial marriages.

    The state "sanctions" marriage because they recognize legal familial relationships. It has nothing to do with procreation or the ability to procreate, which is the only thing that separates what no two people of the same sex can do from what most people of two opposite sexes can do. The state does not require procreative ability be positively proven to get married, and in fact, we have several states that require certain couples basically prove they can't procreate in order to get married.

    Marriage legally means what it always has, a legal contract that comes with many protections for the couple and the individuals within the marriage, from others and from each other. Your personal definition of "meaningless" in regards to marriage means nothing legally. My marriage is fine, not "meaningless" at all from allowing same sex couples to marry. I haven't been kicked out of my house or lost my insurance (both of which I have due solely to my marriage) just because DOMA was struck down or ssm is now legal here in CA.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    I am conservative, and I think the above is a totally ridiculous thing to say.
    I'm not - maybe if you stuck you're ground you would have done better but apparentty you were lazy...

  4. #194
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    In short you and all your minions believe gay marriage should be legal JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, and you have absolutely no idea how the legislator workd, our Bill of Rights and more specifically the Tenth (you know the 10the of the othr9..

    My entertainment here is not to insult those who disagree especially those playing American Football with my objective politics..
    translation: you support discrimination and are against equal rights, nobody is fooled with ever post its obvious.

    the funny part is we all see it, you try to hide behind your failed reasons but your post is complete irony because its YOUR argument not ours. you want to say its not equal rights and discrimination JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO



    but the difference is what do you have supporting your argument?? NOTHING lol

    what do we have?
    facts, laws, rights, courts cases and precedence already decided

    i think ill go with that over your emotions and biased
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #195
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It is not and has never been the duty of the state to ascribe a particular meaning to marriage. The meaning comes from the culture and how it is practiced.
    How can the supreme court rule that it is so important that it is a protected right if, at the same time it is meaningless in the eyes of the state?

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    In short you and all your minions believe gay marriage should be legal JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, and you have absolutely no idea how the legislator workd, our Bill of Rights and more specifically the Tenth (you know the 10the of the othr9..
    You want the State to to take precedence over individual rights. That is authoritarian you are the totalitarian.

  7. #197
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no it doesnt

    incest pregnancy endangers the child
    if you want to argue siblings should be allowed to marry if they are not going to procreate, that be fine by me but it has nothing to do with gay marriage, it also has nothing to do with discrimination since nobody can marry there siblings give or take the distance of the relationship

    the discussion was about discrimination and trying to relates incest to the not granting gays equal rights. that analogy totally fails and you post didnt change that

    incest and allowing gays to marry are nothing alike.
    d=fighting for or against them are not the same fight/arguments and never will be
    NON sense there is no legal distinction.

  8. #198
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You want the State to to take precedence over individual rights. That is authoritarian you are the totalitarian.
    yep and he isnt the only one
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #199
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    NON sense there is no legal distinction.
    im sure you think that but the fact is they are different, its obvious to all those without a biased angle and motive

    gay marriage is not equal to incest and never will be

    theres no legal precedence and arguments that link the two
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #200
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I don't care what your "moral" objection is. Plenty of people I have known in my life "morally object" to interracial marriages.

    The state "sanctions" marriage because they recognize legal familial relationships. It has nothing to do with procreation or the ability to procreate, which is the only thing that separates what no two people of the same sex can do from what most people of two opposite sexes can do. The state does not require procreative ability be positively proven to get married, and in fact, we have several states that require certain couples basically prove they can't procreate in order to get married.

    Marriage legally means what it always has, a legal contract that comes with many protections for the couple and the individuals within the marriage, from others and from each other. Your personal definition of "meaningless" in regards to marriage means nothing legally. My marriage is fine, not "meaningless" at all from allowing same sex couples to marry. I haven't been kicked out of my house or lost my insurance (both of which I have due solely to my marriage) just because DOMA was struck down or ssm is now legal here in CA.
    So in your mind, anything goes? Doesn't the state have any obligation to uphold any of the moral sensibilities of the majority?

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •