Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 304

Thread: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So unfortunate that there are people who actually think, believe, and vocalize absolute horse excrement like the above.

    Truly sad.

    Truly ignorant.
    Just because you disagree doesn't make it not fact.... You just don't like it because you're partisan and take sides and don't give a **** what the rational counter argument is because you view it as a partisan political statement rather than a rational argument.

    Gay marriage discriminates against cousins who want incestrial marriage, polygamy, marriage to pets or inanimate objects etc... what about them??? you going to discriminate against them?

    No true ignorance is only focusing on one idea and ignoring the rest....

  2. #12
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post

    Gay marriage discriminates against cousins who want incestrial marriage, polygamy, marriage to pets....
    No true ignorance is only focusing on one idea and ignoring the rest....
    And there it is....the last bastion of insanity....relating homosexuality to bestiality.

    And you have the nerve to talk about other people's ignorance. What a laugh.

    My position is simple. SSM hurts nobody, has zero effect on heterosexuals and hetero-marriage, and when viewed honestly, is far more "moral" due to it's being monogamous.

    What happens in the bedroom between two consenting adults is none of my business. And none of yours and certainly none of the government's.

    From the feces-laden speeches I've heard coming from "conservatives" about smaller government and less government intrusion, I'd think ssm wouldn't be an issue for them.

    But alas, most appear to be enormous hypocrites.

    As evidenced here.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    And there it is....the last bastion of insanity....relating homosexuality to bestiality.

    And you have the nerve to talk about other people's ignorance. What a laugh.

    My position is simple. SSM hurts nobody, has zero effect on heterosexuals and hetero-marriage, and when viewed honestly, is far more "moral" due to it's being monogamous.

    What happens in the bedroom between two consenting adults is none of my business. And none of yours and certainly none of the government's.

    From the feces-laden speeches I've heard coming from "conservatives" about smaller government and less government intrusion, I'd think ssm wouldn't be an issue for them.

    But alas, most appear to be enormous hypocrites.

    As evidenced here.
    You're intolerant.... You're the ones saying those who live "taboo lifestyles" don't count or are just "weird."

    Yet you beg for tolerance..... So you want homosexuality to be normal but others who engage in fringe relationships don't matter to you.... So much for the "understanding, passion and tolerance" your party alleges to represent...

    Once again it's all about you and your selfishness .... You only care about your social ideas and consider no one else...

    Now who's the bigot?

  4. #14
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's an odd analogy but makes sense from the fact that homosexuality is as abnormal as incest and not to mention the slippery slope gay marriage represents.... Hell, gay marriage by de facto discriminates against others in "taboo" relationships...

    I don't think it takes a "conservative" to realize that... An intelligent person of any political affiliation (or no political affiliation at all) can see that...
    Is interracial marriage abnormal to you?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #15
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Gay marriage discriminates against cousins who want incestrial marriage,
    For medical reasons - not moral reasons. Children born out of cousin marriages have a high incidence of developmental problems.

    polygamy
    For legally pragamatic reasons - not moral ones. Who gets the house when a spouse dies?

    marriage to pets or inanimate objects etc...
    For legal reasons again - pets an inanimate objects can't consent.

    Your lack of information as to why those marriages are illegal is showing.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #16
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post

    Now who's the bigot?
    Your posts are evidence enough.

    It's you.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Your posts are evidence enough.

    It's you.
    I treat individuals fairly....

    I'm not going to let gays use their "gay card" as an excuse to take advantage of another or a business - they have right too you know???

    People have the civil right to oppose gays (or oppose anything or anyone for that matter).... Gays aren't immune from criticism you know?

    Oh yeah I forgot you don't value civil liberties for all - just gays and minorities...

  8. #18
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I treat individuals fairly....

    I'm not going to let gays use their "gay card" as an excuse to take advantage of another or a business - they have right too you know???

    People have the civil right to oppose gays (or oppose anything or anyone for that matter).... Gays aren't immune from criticism you know?

    Oh yeah I forgot you don't value civil liberties for all - just gays and minorities...
    What business/other would gays be taking advantage of by having their marriage be recognized just as heterosexuals?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What business/other would gays be taking advantage of by having their marriage be recognized just as heterosexuals?
    There marriages are recognized as heterosexuals...

    Of course your ilk makes it seem as if gays are slaves that cant vote, have to drink in different drinking fountains, ride the back of the bus and cant eat a meal in a restaurant...

    I'm getting sick of this "gay rights" ****.....

  10. #20
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    There marriages are recognized as heterosexuals...
    No - their marriages are not recognized. In essence, you are asking them to become heterosexuals in order to reach the same benefits heterosexuals get by their nature. How Libertarian of you. Where else should we apply such authoritarian logic? Race? It's easy - blacks can no longer marry whites, because they can also marry blacks. That the way it works champ?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •