Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 304

Thread: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

  1. #111
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post

    But my intent isn't politics it's merely bipartisan honesty on an issue...
    you say this like you believe its true, its funny. all your posts prove otherwise, you use this as a curtain to hide behind when you are simply just not for equality.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #112
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    see i still disagree, one should simply know better not to even compare them in any way really
    now the judgment of it can be over the top yes i agree 100% but one should no better especially a politician, especially one saying comparing it to child marriage was wrong.

    just saying from a reality stand point thats the wrong move, id bet the farm and tractor after words his handlers were like? REALLY TOM? REALLY? lol

    i know i would of smack my head as soon as he said it

    but again be clear im not saying that justifies this amount of backlash
    Granted it was a statement which came fully loaded with multiple options for being taken out of context and misconstrued.

    But still, it was not an incorrect comparison, and I find it kinda stupid that comparing the two things in this way got so much flak...both ARE illegal under PA law, and thus he was completely correct. Assuming you believe his statement after the fact, clarifying.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #113
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Granted it was a statement which came fully loaded with multiple options for being taken out of context and misconstrued.

    But still, it was not an incorrect comparison, and I find it kinda stupid that comparing the two things in this way got so much flak...both ARE illegal under PA law, and thus he was completely correct. Assuming you believe his statement after the fact, clarifying.
    well i agree the "flak" and its amount is the debatable part but its poor poor poor judgement

    just the reality of media/politics today unfortunately
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Slow your roll there Nick or you'll run out of words. How did we go from the equal protection clause to communism? I asked if the state has a right to discriminate against interracial marriages. You have yet to answer it.
    The state(s) during the "Jim Crow era" (Jim Crow) was never a person by the way just a metaphor...

    However in the era sodomy was against the law - lets not forget these were laws legislated by democrats and enforced by democrats... those are just facts... I'm not even attempting to portray republicans any better, however they certainly were back pre 1970 or so - at least in the south where republicans were an anomaly...

    IMO, It would be dishonest for progressives or those of your ilk to portray non-progressives as biased against homosexual activity when my generation doesn't give a **** who ****s who just as long as their lifestyle isn't shoved down our throat.........

    Homosexuality isn't a "right" however it's not a crime and to believe anyone who opposes such an act is a bigot or hate monger because they have their own personal opinions on the issue it absolutely off base - and to every extent makes you the bigot for judging their morals, ethics and opinion on the matter - even if they do find the act offensive en ought to even "hate."

    All I expect out of you is mutual respect...

    I could care less who people **** but others certainly do find the act more funky than I do but they have every right to have that position as you do yours...

    Homosexuality is certainly not RIGHT and NOR is it wrong...

    I have my own opinions on the issue and my personal opinions AND politics are a smorgasbord board of the aforementioned...

    So as I have previously stated - amend the Constitution if you want gay marriage, if that isn't possible petition the state...

    My opinion on the issue really means nothing because I really don't care - I'm not an activist because it's really not a constitutional issue - and as a libertarian the constitution mans everything.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't think "intelligent" was the word that you meant to use.
    I don't even understand how you believe your personal opinion trumps constitutional law.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The state(s) during the "Jim Crow era" (Jim Crow) was never a person by the way just a metaphor...

    However in the era sodomy was against the law - lets not forget these were laws legislated by democrats and enforced by democrats... those are just facts... I'm not even attempting to portray republicans any better, however they certainly were back pre 1970 or so - at least in the south where republicans were an anomaly...

    IMO, It would be dishonest for progressives or those of your ilk to portray non-progressives as biased against homosexual activity when my generation doesn't give a **** who ****s who just as long as their lifestyle isn't shoved down our throat.........

    Homosexuality isn't a "right" however it's not a crime and to believe anyone who opposes such an act is a bigot or hate monger because they have their own personal opinions on the issue it absolutely off base - and to every extent makes you the bigot for judging their morals, ethics and opinion on the matter - even if they do find the act offensive en ought to even "hate."

    All I expect out of you is mutual respect...

    I could care less who people **** but others certainly do find the act more funky than I do but they have every right to have that position as you do yours...

    Homosexuality is certainly not RIGHT and NOR is it wrong...

    I have my own opinions on the issue and my personal opinions AND politics are a smorgasbord board of the aforementioned...

    So as I have previously stated - amend the Constitution if you want gay marriage, if that isn't possible petition the state...

    My opinion on the issue really means nothing because I really don't care - I'm not an activist because it's really not a constitutional issue - and as a libertarian the constitution mans everything.
    So - does the state - by the same morality under which it bans gay marriages have a right to ban interracial marriages? yes or no? Simple answer.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So - does the state - by the same morality under which it bans gay marriages have a right to ban interracial marriages? yes or no? Simple answer.
    Interracial marriage = man + woman ( doesn't change the definition of marriage)

    Gay Sham/Pretend "Marriage" (Not) = man + ?

    Not comparable. Oil and Water.

    BTW a father marrying his adult son (for tax purposes/sex too consenting adults heh) should be legal if gay sham/pretend "marriage" (Not) is legal

  8. #118
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Interracial marriage = man + woman ( doesn't change the definition of marriage)
    Where in the constitution is the definition of marriage stated?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Where in the constitution is the definition of marriage stated?
    The notion that the definition of marriage = man + woman is the oldest notion of a tradition and definition of an institution in human history

    Gay Math = 1 + 1 = 0

  10. #120
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The notion that the definition of marriage = man + woman is the oldest notion of a tradition and definition of an institution in human history

    Gay Math = 1 + 1 = 0
    You didn't answer - I asked WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION is marriage defined?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •