Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 304

Thread: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

  1. #101
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Thank God TN isn't a state with bigoted laws that respects human rights, equality and all that other wonderful stuff
    And yet - there is a medical danger in cousins having kids with physical/mental illnesses. Which is why most consistent states outright ban it. No such danger for gays. Can't reproduce - remember? Aren't you supposed to know this though? Aren't you studying to be a secretary at a doctor's office or something along those lines?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #102
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,507
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Gays want marriage officially recognized by the federal government - heterosexuals don't even get that, hence if gays can accomplish the feat - they're setting up a slippery slope based on mere precedence (an idea they don't understand)....
    where is this coming from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Polygamists and incest psychos will be the next in line to claim they're being "discriminated against.." of course the gays will be the first ones to discriminate against them.
    Ah, okay. Got you now.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  3. #103
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    8 nights ago, we were all diverted off of I-80 at mile marker #173 with a Haz-Mat accident.
    I later learned when I went north when truckers were forced south into a worse cluster****, it was because of horse-and-buggy state laws.
    I got to Mill Hall, just west of Lock Haven, and pulled in for a needed RR stop and then a black raspberry sundae.
    The two couples there helped me to find my way back to I-80.
    The 4 girls serving ice cream had their religious bonnets but all was normal and quiet.
    I passed one buggy with beautiful lights, it was at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    hmmm well i dont know what the consensus is outside the state

    but inside the state there are many jokes about how theres the cities Pittsburgh and philly and its Mississippi inbetween

    i myself have been throughout the Northeast and live here all my life and i have to agree it is unique, you go to the tright mall and you will have every stereotype presnt lol

  4. #104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    1.)The childhood argument is used against SSM often as well pointing out the fact that their sex isn't reproductive and is biologically wasted from a human reproduction standpoint.

    2.) Why not allow incest couples to just have abortions if they are with child? There is an increased risk, but it's still just a risk and not a definite outcome.

    3.) People are against incest because they are bigoted against sibling love. It disgusts them and they go based on their feelings. They are intolerant of that kind of relationship.

    4.)If two consenting siblings love each other and want to wed who should stop them?

    5.) What about a homosexual relationship between siblings? There is no problem with children there, why ban that?

    6.)You like to toss around the word "fact" a lot. Please show me the solid, empirical "facts" regarding human rights and why SSM is a human right. Don't confuse your perspective or opinion with "fact" either.



    Thank God TN isn't a state with bigoted laws that respects human rights, equality and all that other wonderful stuff
    1.) uhm again not even close to equal, not having kids which hetero choose to do sometimes is nothing like endangering kids to have deformities Are you serious. did you just compare couples not being able to and couples choosing not to have kids to risking deformities and bring a child into the world deformed? wow digs that totally fails it snot even close to the same or logical

    2.) did you read my post, i basically already said this. but again it has nothing to do with gay rights

    3.) yep this is possible and im sure there are but thats not why its illegal. again nothing to do with gay rights

    4,) again you didnt read my post did you , i said if they want to fight to be allowed im fine with it but it has nothing to do with gay rights, what arent you getting

    5.) see above

    see the fact none of that is equal and NOBODY can marry their siblings, NOBODY

    6.) sure no problem

    see the court cases saying so its factually an equality issues, the courts made it so, no me, not my preservative, court cases and precedence
    also in those court case they refer to human rights , human dignity, human liberties, fundamental human relationship
    also when SCOTUS ruled 14 times that marriage is a right and it relates to these cases and when they ruled those things again many times the same verbiage was used: human rights , human dignity, human liberties, fundamental human relationship

    also see the hundreds of human rights orgs that also deem it so, including the article i just posted to you in another thread about the UN putting more effort into the human rights of equal rights for gays..

    now that makes it fact for an equality issue, no arguing that
    if you want to say thats not good enough for a human rights issue, then id simply say then their are no factual human rights issues then and ill simple stick with all those rulings, laws, orgs and case precedence and you are free to go against them based on what ever you have.

    what else you got? slipper slops fails comparisons to incest, polygamy, pedophilia all fail, too just like they did with interracial marriage which is also NOT a straw man no matter how many times you falsely deem it that and loving vs Virginia has been referenced in some of the previous mentions rulings.

    let me know what else you got, you know ill gladly discuss anythign with you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #105
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's the countryside where I picked up that particular first-hand impression, especially the entire area in and around Wilkes Barre. I'm not familiar with the tright mall.
    lol that should of said right mall lol

    and yes it can get real country real fast in places of pa.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol, I'm now getting a serious kick watching you do pirouettes. So you're saying that interracial marriage is legal as per the 14th, but it should not be legal as per the same amendment?
    I'm exposing flaws that don't suit your argument....

    You know and I know the Equal Protection clause can justify just about any beef you have...

    If I was a dishonest communist I would used the same argument...

    But my intent isn't politics it's merely bipartisan honesty on an issue...

    I'm not anti-gay, I just expect that if Homosexuals (or any individual for that matter) should require a detailed amendment...

    If that is too much to ask for..... I'm not the one with the problem.

  7. #107
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well i sorta agree about the OP its a little over the top based on the content of the discussion the governed was having

    but his statment is definitely wrong still, at lest he was tryign to clean it up from comparing it to child rape but he failed.
    IF, as he claimed later, his statement was "gay marriage is illegal in PA at the moment, much like incestual marriage is illegal in PA at the moment"...

    Then he said NOTHING wrong.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #108
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm exposing flaws that don't suit your argument....

    You know and I know the Equal Protection clause can justify just about any beef you have...

    If I was a dishonest communist I would used the same argument...

    But my intent isn't politics it's merely bipartisan honesty on an issue...

    I'm not anti-gay, I just expect that if Homosexuals (or any individual for that matter) should require a detailed amendment...

    If that is too much to ask for..... I'm not the one with the problem.
    Slow your roll there Nick or you'll run out of words. How did we go from the equal protection clause to communism? I asked if the state has a right to discriminate against interracial marriages. You have yet to answer it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #109
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    IF, as he claimed later, his statement was "gay marriage is illegal in PA at the moment, much like incestual marriage is illegal in PA at the moment"...

    Then he said NOTHING wrong.
    see i still disagree, one should simply know better not to even compare them in any way really
    now the judgment of it can be over the top yes i agree 100% but one should no better especially a politician, especially one saying comparing it to child marriage was wrong.

    just saying from a reality stand point thats the wrong move, id bet the farm and tractor after words his handlers were like? REALLY TOM? REALLY? lol

    i know i would of smack my head as soon as he said it

    but again be clear im not saying that justifies this amount of backlash
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #110
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's an odd analogy but makes sense from the fact that homosexuality is as abnormal as incest and not to mention the slippery slope gay marriage represents.... Hell, gay marriage by de facto discriminates against others in "taboo" relationships...

    I don't think it takes a "conservative" to realize that... An intelligent person of any political affiliation (or no political affiliation at all) can see that...
    I don't think "intelligent" was the word that you meant to use.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •