Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70

Thread: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    WENDY DAVIS: "Laws are to create justice for all. We also received this written testimony. There's a medical necessity. Women need timely access."

    Hi there Tet.... Can you please explain to me how 1. waiting til after 20 weeks is a "necessity"? or 2. "timely"?
    How do laws create justice?

    Laws inept liberty given their very nature.

    We already have a Bill of Rights...

  2. #32
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yes she is.

    Liberals seem to think that 15 minutes of fame and a slobbering media love afair is all thats needed to qualify for a positions of leadership.

    So what, she fillibustered a law that was passed anyway.

    Sorry Dems, Texas isn't going Democrat anytime soon
    Palin was a liberal? Who knew?????










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #33
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    WENDY DAVIS: "Laws are to create justice for all.
    Except for the babies she wants murdered. She won't spend a second talking about them.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  4. #34
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Uhg...you people please get out of our state.

    I am a born and raised Texan with 4 generations before me calling this land our home.

    Move to blue state and help your people finish it off and leave Texas alone.

    What kind of low informatiom type elects a person for Governer simply because she filibusters a bill ?
    I think the same kind of person who applauds Ted Cruz for doing the same thing.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #35
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    WENDY DAVIS: "Laws are to create justice for all. We also received this written testimony. There's a medical necessity. Women need timely access."

    Hi there Tet.... Can you please explain to me how 1. waiting til after 20 weeks is a "necessity"? or 2. "timely"?
    Is the above a counter argument to what I posted? If so, please explain it to me because I don't see how it is.

    1 - Strawman. No one is saying it's a necessity. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    2 - Strawman. No one is saying it's timely. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  6. #36
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    WENDY DAVIS: "Laws are to create justice for all. We also received this written testimony. There's a medical necessity. Women need timely access."

    Hi there Tet.... Can you please explain to me how 1. waiting til after 20 weeks is a "necessity"? or 2. "timely"?
    I believe the timely access she is referring to is in response to most of the abortion clinics in Texas closing down.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #37
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Is the above a counter argument to what I posted? If so, please explain it to me because I don't see how it is.

    1 - Strawman. No one is saying it's a necessity. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    2 - Strawman. No one is saying it's timely. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    But don't you know that the Bible trumps science here in Texas? A woman having a conversation with a talking snake is more believed here in Texas than evolution is.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #38
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Is the above a counter argument to what I posted? If so, please explain it to me because I don't see how it is.

    1 - Strawman. No one is saying it's a necessity. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    2 - Strawman. No one is saying it's timely. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    Wendy Davis was saying that. Didn't you read the quote I posted?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #39
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    But don't you know that the Bible trumps science here in Texas? A woman having a conversation with a talking snake is more believed here in Texas than evolution is.
    No one brought the bible into this but You!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Wendy Davis, of filibuster fame, to announce Texas governor plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Is the above a counter argument to what I posted? If so, please explain it to me because I don't see how it is.

    1 - Strawman. No one is saying it's a necessity. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    2 - Strawman. No one is saying it's timely. What people are saying is there's no reason to ban it if DOCTORS say it's fine. AFAIK, that's the issue.
    Bah, your location is Brooklyn NY, sorry, but despite Obama's and Holder's repeated attempts to keep illegal voting going on, no way you get to vote here.

    What was that old Old El Paso commercial? Oh yeah,

    "where is he from?

    New York City.

    New York City? Get a rope!."
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •