Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 137

Thread: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't agree with you. The congressman was dead wrong. "You should be ashamed." Why should a lowly park ranger be ashamed for doing her job?
    Yep... and the NAZI soldiers at Auschwitz were "just doing their job" too.

    The fact of the matter is that what that bitch was doing was wrong.

  2. #12
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Yep... and the NAZI soldiers at Auschwitz were "just doing their job" too.

    The fact of the matter is that what that bitch was doing was wrong.
    OMFG. Godwinned in 11. Jesus. She wasn't a bitch. She was an employee of the Park Service and was doing her job. Unlike the bullying congressman looking for his 15 minutes. That backfired. He looks like an ass.

  3. #13
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Yep... and the NAZI soldiers at Auschwitz were "just doing their job" too.

    The fact of the matter is that what that bitch was doing was wrong.
    She was dead wrong. You don't disrespect veterans especially WW2 veterans.
    Caitlyn Strong...

  4. #14
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Tell us again why the monuments had to be 'shut down' and have their access blocked. there is no requirement for staffing and the park department and police are still on the job. So...other than this being just another petty stunt from a petty pathetic excuse of a president...why again were the monuments shut down?

    Ever BEEN to those monuments?

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    I didn't blame the security guard I blamed the person who sent the security guard to the post. Why don't you? Or do you think its ok to spend government money preventing the people from visiting an open air exhibit honoring the service of people? The congressman was also pointing out the error was not with the guard, but with who sent the guard to this post. Of course you don't want to look at that because partisanship has everything to do with that


    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't agree with you. The congressman was dead wrong. "You should be ashamed." Why should a lowly park ranger be ashamed for doing her job? The guy's a jerk. Someone even stepped up to defend the lady. Said something like, "Hey! She's just doing her job. Congress should be ashamed. They're the ones who've put us in this position." (He wasn't even partisan in what he said -- blaming "Congress." And that's where the blame DOES lie.

    That congressman was a jerk. And partisanship has nothing to do with it.

  6. #16
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I didn't blame the security guard I blamed the person who sent the security guard to the post. Why don't you? Or do you think its ok to spend government money preventing the people from visiting an open air exhibit honoring the service of people? The congressman was also pointing out the error was not with the guard, but with who sent the guard to this post. Of course you don't want to look at that because partisanship has everything to do with that
    I heard the interview, CalGun. The congressman told the security guard she should be ashamed of herself. And why blame the employee who supervised the monument security for continuing to do HIS job until told otherwise? This is the fault of the United States Congress.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Why the fault of congress? Congress did its job and passed a continuing resolution the democrats and reid won't sent it to the loser in chief - why do you defend the left so much and blame only one party?

    The congressman would be wrong in attacking the security guard - on that I agree with you.


    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I heard the interview, CalGun. The congressman told the security guard she should be ashamed of herself. And why blame the employee who supervised the monument security for continuing to do HIS job until told otherwise? This is the fault of the United States Congress.

  8. #18
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Why the fault of congress? Congress did its job and passed a continuing resolution the democrats and reid won't sent it to the loser in chief - why do you defend the left so much and blame only one party?

    The congressman would be wrong in attacking the security guard - on that I agree with you.
    I'm not defending the left. Where did I do that? I blame the United States Congress -- both sides. Our government is based on compromise. When either side says, "Nope, **** off," that's not good. At the very LEAST the left should agree to sit down with Republicans and show that they're willing to negotiate. But they're not.

    It used to be that the party leaders sent their representatives into a freakin' room and said, "Don't come out until you've hammered a compromise." No more. Now? "It's our way or the highway."

    If the Democrats sat down and the only thing the Republicans wanted was to repeal Obamacare? Then they've got excellent sound bites. If the Republicans sat down and suggested changing the part-time definition to 20 hours from 30? They'd have excellent sound bites.

    Our government can't function with both sides having a scorched earth position. And THAT is why I blame them both.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial : The Two-Way : NPR


    YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED of doing what the latest political fiasco in Washington has forced you to do.


    This reminds me of when Elliot Spitzer used to descend on gas stations with a local news crew in tow and confront the guy at the counter about gasoline prices. He wasn't confronting the real culprit (or really any culprit) then, and Neugebauer isn't now.

    This is the very definition of straw man.
    Republicans are trying to get all that funded but democrats have no interest unless they get Obamacare funded.....

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Nice of you to leave the loser in charge free and clear -you shine thru with your politics don't kid yourself lefty.

    The Republicans have tried to negotiate and harry reid won't even send negotiatiors; your dictator in charge will talk to a nation that stones to death gay people but not house Republicans. Since I don't believe you are too naive to buy into the left wing media hyperbole I can only believe you are just another left wing political hack.


    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm not defending the left. Where did I do that? I blame the United States Congress -- both sides. Our government is based on compromise. When either side says, "Nope, **** off," that's not good. At the very LEAST the left should agree to sit down with Republicans and show that they're willing to negotiate. But they're not.

    It used to be that the party leaders sent their representatives into a freakin' room and said, "Don't come out until you've hammered a compromise." No more. Now? "It's our way or the highway."

    If the Democrats sat down and the only thing the Republicans wanted was to repeal Obamacare? Then they've got excellent sound bites. If the Republicans sat down and suggested changing the part-time definition to 20 hours from 30? They'd have excellent sound bites.

    Our government can't function with both sides having a scorched earth position. And THAT is why I blame them both.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •