Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 137 of 137

Thread: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

  1. #131
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,963

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    Well I'm glad you recognize the superiority of my intellect. P.S. I read both. My point stands as valid as ever.
    I see. So your point was to ignore the dumb comment and chastise the following comment shedding light on it's stupidity. Because the dumb comment came from the right. Gotcha. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #132
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I see. So your point was to ignore the dumb comment and chastise the following comment shedding light on it's stupidity. Because the dumb comment came from the right. Gotcha. lol
    Actually I was commenting on the dumb comment you think was an intelligent response to another [supposedly] dumb comment.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  3. #133
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,449

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It also doesn't need staff. It isn't going anywhere and doesn't even require maintenance.
    I can see it more with the Grand Canyon because people can get hurt there, and there won't be rescue services available, but the WWII memorial, there was no reason to close it.

    If the case can be made that before the shutdown, there were employees protecting the memorial so nobody vandalized it, then maybe but I don't think that is the case.

  4. #134
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Exactly the point. There's nobody available to maintain it. You've already acknowledged that it requires maintenance. So are you feigning confusion in order to facilitate disruption of this thread?
    If you would have posted my whole post instead of taking a quote out of context, then people would know I already answered that by saying the maintenance was funded by the WW2 memorial builders so closure of the memorial was an asinine move by the park service. I guess you like spreading confusion about in actuality no need for you feign any on your part at all. Unless of course you are illiterate. You don't even feign that either.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  5. #135
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    He should consider himself lucky she was classy enough to hold her tongue. Nice to know that, instead of doing their job, Republican Congressman are trolling DC, cameras in tow, to belittle federal workers.

  6. #136
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    He should consider himself lucky she was classy enough to hold her tongue. Nice to know that, instead of doing their job, Republican Congressman are trolling DC, cameras in tow, to belittle federal workers.
    Yeah, because liberals in DC would n-e-v-e-r consider getting in front of a camera in DC to demagogue their opponents....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #137
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, because liberals in DC would n-e-v-e-r consider getting in front of a camera in DC to demagogue their opponents....
    I wasn't aware that the National Park Service became a political opponent of the GOP.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •