Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137

Thread: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

  1. #111
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak00 View Post
    How many times has the house introduced legislation to repeal the ACA? That was their starting point. When it came to passing a CR that became defund and then morphed to delay + repeal what Reid himself calls the "stupid" the tax and then to delay...
    How many times did the House pass a CR leading up to this crisis that included a repeal of the ACA?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #112
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Your partisan BS is just that, but when BS are also lies it needs to be pointed out. The House in fact has passed a Continuing Resolution - in fact several.
    You said Congress had passed something. I corrected you and said Congress had passed nothing. Please pay attention to what I actually said.

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    You lied when you said the House passed nothing.
    No, you just can't read the words I actually said for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    You can defend maggie all you want but when she suggests I should not have a right to vote because I don't see things here leftist way she becomes a fascist - that is how fascist roll.
    She didn't say you shouldn't have a right to vote, she just groaned about the fact that you do have that right. Considering how low your reading comprehension skills are and how quick you are to accuse people of lying when you obviously don't understand what they're saying, I see her point.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #113
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't agree with you. The congressman was dead wrong. "You should be ashamed." Why should a lowly park ranger be ashamed for doing her job? The guy's a jerk. Someone even stepped up to defend the lady. Said something like, "Hey! She's just doing her job. Congress should be ashamed. They're the ones who've put us in this position." (He wasn't even partisan in what he said -- blaming "Congress." And that's where the blame DOES lie.

    That congressman was a jerk. And partisanship has nothing to do with it.
    What the hell are they shutting down the WW2 memorial its privately funded it doesn't depend on any congressional spending. So yea shame on the Parks people for shutting it down. Hell there nobody overseeing it normally. NOW they have to have security? No this IS on the park service most definitely.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Who gives orders to Parks people? Blame that person.

  5. #115
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    What the hell are they shutting down the WW2 memorial its privately funded it doesn't depend on any congressional spending. So yea shame on the Parks people for shutting it down. Hell there nobody overseeing it normally. NOW they have to have security? No this IS on the park service most definitely.
    It isn't on the individual employee who got dressed down by the Congressman. Ergo straw man. Ergo thread.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #116
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    It isn't on the individual employee who got dressed down by the Congressman. Ergo straw man. Ergo thread.
    Ask me if I care now. I made valid point. WW2 shouldn't have been shut down in the first place, because the only thing federal about it is the land on which it sits. A whole lot of people including me donated a whole lot of money to get it built and to keep it maintained.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #117
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Ask me if I care now. I made valid point. WW2 shouldn't have been shut down in the first place, because the only thing federal about it is the land on which it sits. A whole lot of people including me donated a whole lot of money to get it built and to keep it maintained.
    Fantastic. Good for you. Blame the people responsible for its closure. That's the point of this thread.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #118
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    What the hell are they shutting down the WW2 memorial its privately funded it doesn't depend on any congressional spending. So yea shame on the Parks people for shutting it down. Hell there nobody overseeing it normally. NOW they have to have security? No this IS on the park service most definitely.
    A quick google shows that this is yet another right wing talking point making its rounds through the circle-jerk blogosphere. WWII memorial WAS funded in its construction primarily by private funds. Guess who maintains it? National Parks Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #119
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    A quick google shows that this is yet another right wing talking point making its rounds through the circle-jerk blogosphere. WWII memorial WAS funded in its construction primarily by private funds. Guess who maintains it? National Parks Service.
    With money set aside for that purpose by same said fund. Something like 300 and something million dollars are in it right now.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  10. #120
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Sharp Words Over Shutdown When Lawmaker Visits WWII Memorial

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Fantastic. Good for you. Blame the people responsible for its closure. That's the point of this thread.
    I am blaming the right people, the park service.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •